Nights of the Dead 2013 Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mophia Active Member

He's an epic, but never fought him myself, I've always hidden, as always been too low for him. So that's all I know.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I actually have a bug with the NoTD mount the Saclid Vaulter. The camera is positioned too low. As you can see it's under the spider cutting my character completely out of the screen. Yes, that is the top of my Windowed Fullscreen client and a very tiny Orc in Commonlands.
    [IMG]
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

yeah it's a known bug. The bigger you are the worse it gets.
    Cloudrat and Estred like this.
  4. Naychan Member

IS somebody going to fix it or refund the SC ? I too bought the mount and find it unusable for general usage.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm working on it right now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cloudrat like this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

I had something strange happen with my main on Guk going through the hedgemaze she was unable get the update for the quest A Nightmarish return. went through the whole maze killed everything picked up the "Train to zone quest" clicked on the statue to get into teh zone with altius and the movie did not go all the way through showed the beginning then a black screen then I was in the zone with an unattackable Altius tried clicking the statue and running around the maze again clicked back in but the same thing happened I will not be able to get the NoTD fanatic achievement if I can't kill Altius.please look into it was on my half elf female ranger. on Guk server Alenna.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It was doing strange things with me, too, briefly, night before last...the dark wood areas in New Halas were a lovely, though artificial-looking, blazing white (I have screenshots!), which made everything look frosted, even though it was a glitch...I later went into the Hedge Maze, and when it started the movie for the center, at first it blacked out, then "went back" to a whitened New Halas, instead of the spooky full moon, etc. scene. I panicked until it blacked out again, and came back to the center, like it was supposed to. I ran through the cut scene "movie" (which I detest, by the way; always hated cut scenes, like with the gnome as well), got to the end and started fighting furiously (or at least clicking buttons furiously) even before it got out of the black out, since the game's firmly convinced I'm in there playing, even if the monitor isn't showing anything but a game cursor yet (one reason why I detest cut scenes). Everything proceeded as usual from that point, and I finally got him, but I can understand how things could glitch out there (yet another reason why cut scenes suck). :-/

Have you sent this on the Support forum, too? They might be in a position to fix it faster for you. :-/

Uwk
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

What I find very sad is that weaker characters will have at best an almost impossible time with the Survive the Night quest. Especially since mercs are not allowed. I could deal in past years with not finishing it on most due to the extreme difficulty , even though that cape is awesome. As it was still possible to finish the Nights of the Dead Devotee by clicking on the item in there and then leaving. So only a few characters were able to do the quest successfully, but could still finish the Devotee requirements. Now, not much chance for that. Dolly is pretty brutal, and can quickly kill weaker characters. She also will run at you from very far too, as far as where you are resurrected in the instance

And of course, The Troubling Truth is not for any solo casual player, so that puts the nail in the coffin for almost all of my characters to do the Devotee achievement from this year on I fear... :(

Really, it was a bad idea to change things on the Devotee thing. Please don't do the same with Frostfell by requiring everyone to do the Sleigh the Dragon quest!
  9. Naychan Member

Thank you Ttobey. Your work is appreciated
  10. Drak-of-many-names New Member

One thing that I would like to request, as I have in past years, is the ability to skip the cinematic cutscene where Altius Volfban transforms, similar to being able to skip the "train!" cutscene soon before it. If anyone else is like me, and does this instance often for the great xp, having to sit through this cutscene over and over gets boring, and not being able to skip over it, when being able to skip over one just a minute before, seems like a pain.
  11. Drak-of-many-names New Member

I agree with this. I liked having to hunt for things to get my devotee, but having to beat a x2 Epic, especially when you mainly solo and don't have a "go to" group for taking down big stuff, it makes it difficult.
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with Survive the Night - my dirge had a horrible time with it when it first came out. Finally beat it by visiting a Chronomancer. After this long I think the difficulty is intentional (especially given my necro and assassin have no issue with the quest at all), and chronoing is your best bet.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yeah, I always have thought it was good that some festivals had such a variety of instances for people to do. And it was fine that this instance was REALLY hard. But, now you have to complete it and The Troubling Truth to get the Devotee done. Those shape-shift candy dishes are very fun too.

I suspect the cost of the sleighs from the Frostfell Devotee will skyrocket at the broker partway through Frostfell as players realize they cannot get them without doing what is for some a very hard instance. My son has always krono'd his maxed pally to help me or my husband do it. We tried it a few times, him and me, with our lower levels doing it and we wiped repeatedly. So many players will be pleading for a group to do it.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why they're doing this, to FORCE us to group/raid, will-we, nill-we. So much for "playing [OUR] way!" And, of course, the effect on the Broker economy with those sleighs will shoot through the roof again, and be profitable for someone; I just don't understand why this sort of thing should be if Vox and The Bazaar don't exist any more. >:-/

Hopefully, the Sleigh will be available the way the Candy Dish is for NotD for Candy Corn, though I'm not sure what they'll take for FF. E'ci Tokens? :-/

Uwk
    really, really hoping they do things differently regarding the Devotee line for next year... :-/
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I know it's super-frustrating on low-level chars, but remember that achievements (unlike quests) do not have to be completed all in the same year. Low-level chars are unlikely to remain low level forever. And even mentoring from mid-level to super-low can make a huge difference in doing these. Yes, with the quest version Devotee, you didn't have to actually finish the quest, just get as far as the item. With the achievement version, if you can't beat the quest this year, next year will be another chance, and you've already got credit for all the things you DO manage this year.

When dealing with 20+ chars (as far too many of us do), not having to get everyone through everything every year is a bit of pressure off.

And for anyone on Crushbone, Test, or AB, I've got either hand-leveled or Heroic chars on all three and would be glad to mentor folks through Sleigh the Dragon.

(However, I really really hope the FF Devotee does not require Icy Keep: Retribution!)
  16. floofloobunny Active Member

aww, no pretty female drachnid illusion on the vendor this year. I beg every year, its my favorite one from the random illusion you get from the gigglgibber. Alot(most) of the buyable illusions are male centric, give us some cool ones for us females please :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

While I agree, I also really like the male drachnid, simply because the art team back then really did their homework: that IS what a male Black Widow Spider looks like in real life...a lot smaller, of course, but you get the idea (and probably without half a dark elf on its head...). ;->

Uwk
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Alenna, are you using the streaming client? Have you tried pre-loading all of the game assets?

~ Kaitheel
  19. Raienya Member

Why, WHY did you change the requirements for the Devotee title/candy dish reward? Having to complete The Troubling Truth quest line in Antonica is a royal pain in the rear at low levels. What was wrong with finding the items in the instances and having people travel around a little?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here; I liked the little scavenger hunt, it worked very well for me at any level! The only thing that was even remotely irksome was remembering to grab the item, but if we did "Survive the Night" just for the Zombie Note house item (which you can get indefinitely; as long as you have the quest, you can get into Charnel Hollow [or wherever] time and time again and each time you get in, you can grab another! :->), we would see the Broken Canopic Jar, and even if you missed the Bone Display in the Haunted House basement due to the completely screwed-up lighting (which has always been a problem there, even when you have it as a regular house), you could see it on the way out of the basement. All the other items were pretty darned obvious, and once you got 'em all, you had the title and item. Easy, fun, no problems; you'd already be there anyway, bingo! :)

Uwk
    floofloobunny likes this.