New Deathtoll Access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Shakir1065, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

I REALLY hope they leave the difficulty as it is. We haven't killed it yet, but it's fun trying to figure it out and have something to work towards instead of Deathtoll being just a farm zone.
    WIsh Tarinax was that hard though. Doesn't make sense for some water snake thing to be harder than Kerafyrm's Ultimate Guardian.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

what ya expect Guardians are gimped... sorry couldn't resist (i need to stop reading the guard forums =/ )
  3. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I hope they don't change it either, but Somethine needs to be done, we got some really lame brawler legs worst than (Suprise!) Lycuem loot and a master spell off it. For a mob that took us more tried than Tarinax, something is wrong.
    We killed Tarinax our 2nd pull ever, way too easy.
  4. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

Haha, same. On our first pull (which was only really a test, we didn't know what to expect), we got him to 5%. He died on the next pull. It was so disappointing, whilst it's nice to be one of the first guilds to kill him, I was really hoping from his size and the lore that he'd be the Djinn Master of T7. Without the instruments, of course.
  5. ARCHIVED-Digi-D Guest

It isn't an attack, its an observation and a suggestion. What I mean is it would be a lot easier for him to get his point across if you can actually understand what he is trying to say, but you can call them as you see them I guess. My intent was more along the lines of wanting to shut the guy up because his only purpose was to flame someone for something that is really none of his business, and really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Die Thread DIE!!!! *stabs useless thread*
  7. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

I don't think this thread is all that useless. Many of the posts people have made here are an example of the frustration that is in many guilds. Those guilds who work very hard to beat content the way the Devs origionally meant it to be beat get extremely frustrated when people complain to get stuff made easier for them, then the Devs do it. Many of the guilds who can't do it complain because they just can't compete. It's a tough problem to solve.
    Now granted, I don't know what the instanced Harla Dar is going to be like now. I don't know if it will be easier or harder than what it is now, but my bet would be easier.
    And I think the posts in here about future complaints incomming are probobly correct. I think the guilds who were unable to get into Deathtoll without the Devs making it easier for them will complain about many aspects of Deathtoll. The mobs in there are no joke. It could be argued quite easilly that having to deal with the Eyes in there is harder than many raid mobs in this game just cause of the way they work. The named encounters inside Deathtoll have very cool, but very twisted ways they work. Guilds who can't beat stuff like Huricanus or the current Harla Dar will probobly have a tough time just dealing with the drake/goo :)
    But anyway, I look forward to the posts from the guilds who were not strong enough to get into Deathtoll without the Deavs Handing it to them.
    Maybe Sony should go back and talk to the origional Verant people and ask them how they had the guts to not open up Veeshans Peak in eq1, Or how they didn't just open Sleepers Tomb in Velious to everyone, or Vex Thall, and so on.
    Access To An End Game Zone Should Be Earned!!
  8. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

But anyway, I look forward to the posts from the guilds who were not strong enough to get into Deathtoll without the Deavs Handing it to them
    So all the guilds that got access from killing the completly and utterly gimped and broken dragons at the start if this expansion ...who then complained AFTER they had got there access that the mobs were broken or to easy have the face to come here and belittle people who think its wrong that guilds can stop others from getting to harla dar ?
    [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] give me a break
    Soes usual reaction is mob is to easy ..tweak it ...the tweak is usually to far in the opposite direction and the mob gets some crazy abilities ...then gets retweaked to balance it
    and as for access the the end zone in the game should be earned ...you mean like access to DMP had to be earned .....complete access to PPTR then go kill a level 65^^^heroic mob for scales ...that kind of earning yes ?
    exactly so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] with the it needs to be earned, as i and several others have stated this is where you go to complete (deathtoll) the epic quest for the tier ...guess sony dropped the ball by putting it in deathtoll and also labeling the zone as the end zone for the tier, cos its plainly caused a lot of confusion on what the zone is for
    and as for people who have STATED CATAGORICALLY that DT is the END zone to the game and that Tarinax is supposed to be the hardest mob we will see in this expansion i guess we wont be seeing anything orange con in this tier apart from Tarinax and we wont be seeing anything harder than him in any of the content they add now or later that should have been in this expansion when it came out.
    so i feel sorry for you, you beat the best in the expansion already ...but pls do all us a favour remeber you have already beaten the hardest mob in the game ....and dont come crying on the boards that mobs arent hard enough and need to be made harder ....you already beat the hardest so why you expect anything to be a challenge is beyond me
    /sarcasm off
  9. ARCHIVED-Zoren Northwood Guest

Many of the guilds who can't do it complain because they just can't compete.
    Have you considered the possibility that there are a fair number of guilds out where who don't *want* to compete? And though it's fine that some do, access to an instance zone should not be a battlefield?
  10. ARCHIVED-Kraks_Aforty Guest

We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
    No promises, no demands
    Love Is A Battlefield
    We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong
    Searchin' our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
    Love Is A Battlefield

You're beggin' me to go, you're makin' me stay
    Why do you hurt me so bad?
    It would help me to know
    Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you've had?
    Believe me, believe me, I can't tell you why
    But I'm trapped by your love, and I'm chained to your side

No promises, no demands
    Love Is A Battlefield

Love Is A Battlefield

We're losing control
    Will you turn me away or touch me deep inside?
    And before this gets old, will it still feel the same?
    There's no way this will die
    But if we get much closer, I could lose control
    And if your heart surrenders, you'll need me to hold

No promises, no demands
    Love Is A Battlefield

Love Is A Battlefield

No promises, no demands
    Love Is A Battlefield

Love Is A Battlefield
  11. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

All the dragons have continued to get easier imo, fought Gorenaire the other day and got ported once the entire fight versus like 8-10 times the first go round. The only broken Talendor I fought was the one that coudn't be taken down with 2 raids, vyemm gets easier every week and Harla Dar goes down like an old man into a warm bath.
    Honestly I hope the instance ones are super easy so more people can see how lame deathtoll is.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

I think the guilds who were unable to get into Deathtoll without the Devs making it easier for them will complain about many aspects of Deathtoll.

It's this utter BS that's why this thread ended out as useful as a chocolate teapot, not the boasting or discussion of mobs. Of the threads complaining about Harla Dar in the last month I count 12 about not being able to GET to the mob because of the Pantrilla/COH/exploit situation, and 1, just 1, saying the mob was too hard.

Anyway, like K said, if the loot in there is as bad as is claimed, you should want more people around so that the complaining about that gets some attention.
  13. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

I Still say DIE thread DIE!!! Kill it, Kill it Till its Dead
  14. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

TheEasternKing wrote:
    exactly so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] with the it needs to be earned, as i and several others have stated this is where you go to complete (deathtoll) the epic quest for the tier ...guess sony dropped the ball by putting it in deathtoll and also labeling the zone as the end zone for the tier, cos its plainly caused a lot of confusion on what the zone is for

The ONLY person confused is you. The Claymore quest does not end in Deathtoll. There are steps after deathtoll, different quests that finish off the Claymore line. Deathtoll is nothing more than 1 part of the quest line. By your logic, the only reason for SoS, PoA, Ascent, Halls of Fate, Most of Bonemire, and Blackscale, oh, lets not forget Most of Baren Sky and TT, are for nothing other than the Claymore Quest line. It is more than clear to me that you have no clue what your talking about. By saying Deathtoll is only for the Claymore Epic Quest, you have to say that about pretty much teh Entire Kingdom of Sky expantion, with almost every zone in it included. So then by your logic, the Entire expantion, Kingdon of Sky is for 1 purpose only, and that is to get hte Qeynos Claymore.
    Maybe you should enlighten yourself and go to a sight like Ogaming or some other sight you might like more and actually read through the entire quest. If you have not, then maybe your ignorance is due to you just putting your faith in someone who has seriously missinformed you about this quest line.
    Again for you EasternKing, The Claymore Quest Does Not End in Deathtoll. That is not the putpose of this zone. And you should go read the post you yourself made where EVERYONE told you that.
    *puts the troll on ignore now*
    PS: Incase you forget where your own post is about that very topic, here you go
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/...message.id=9926&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Message Edited by Shakir1065 on 05-02-2006 01:50 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

For all intents and purposes the quest line ends in deathtoll with the death of tarinax, the rest of it requires the hailing of approximately 3 NPC's.
    That's grasping straws.
  16. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

Ok, Maybe Easterking isn't the only one who isn't reading these quests when they are easilly available. After Beyond Deaths Door ( Deathtoll) Is Reclaiming the Totems. This requires, among other things, for you to go clear Halls of Fate, Then is Obscuring Knowledge, Which ends in Labs of Lord Vyemm.
    So Smart guys, You still have to do a group instance, and a Raid instance after death toll,
    BUT WAIT , It gets better, You then have to kill a bunch of Droags, easy, Spawn a dragon to talk to, easy, Then you get a Final Report which is the part to just walk over and hail another NPC. THEN you can choose your Claymore reward.
    God you Trolls need to learn to read engrish, Go to eq2.ogaming.com and do some research. One would think you guys who have been crying for deathtoll access to be handed to you on a silver platter would have at least looked at what you needed to do to finish the Claymore quest line. Too many of you think it ends in Deathtoll. It Does Not!
    Message Edited by Shakir1065 on 05-02-2006 03:33 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

obscuring knowledge and reclaiming totems aren't technically after beyond death's door though you can do them after it if you want. you get all three at the same time after doing feeding the flames and spawning the guy with the totem in HoF. most people though will have obscuring knowledge and reclaiming totems done before they kill tarinax.
    so yeah, prolly should do the quest before trying to correct people on the finer points of how it is done.
    Message Edited by quamdar on 05-02-2006 06:50 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-rek6779 Guest

I find it funny you're arguing with people who've done the quests rather than you, who you know, relied on an inaccurate website.
    So, really, eat your words... you are incorrect.
  19. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

I did Obscuring knowledge and Rclaiming the Totems before I finished Beyond Death's door.
    It's funny how you tell me to goto Ogaming, yet your the one who has NFC.
    I've actually done the quest line and have my Qeynos Cutlass, how about you?
    Message Edited by ChaosUndivided on 05-02-2006 04:07 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

Looks like you're the one with inaccurate info. You get three quests at once, one of which is Beyond Death's Door. Most people will finish that one last because it's the hardest, but they can be done in any order.

www.eq2i.com has a correct walkthrough of the quest (I know it's right because I wrote the last part :p).