New Deathtoll Access

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Shakir1065, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

For those guilds who whined and cried for Deathtoll to be handed to them on a silver platter, you got your wish.

*** Kingdom of Sky ***
    - You can now find Harla Dar in an instanc, accessed via a teleporter near Pantrilla.
    - Ascent of the Awakened has been separated into two different zones. There is an initial
    2 group version of the zone that, once completed, will give you access to a 4 group
    version of the zone.

Now I'm just sitting back waiting for the threads from guilds who may not have been strong enough to get in before complain about the non named regular mob eyes in zone and how they are too strong.

/cheers

You know they made the instanced Harla Dar weak as hell.
    Message Edited by Shakir1065 on 04-21-2006 08:03 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zoren Northwood Guest

Wait, you mean that access to an instance is now based on the ability to kill a mob, not the ability to mobilize for a contested? What a horrible idea. The players will run off in droves!

Edit: We actually don't know yet whether Harla Dar will be an instance available to anyone or an instance available to those who kill Pantrilla. In the second case, she's still fundamentally contested.
    Message Edited by Zoren Northwood on 04-21-2006 11:11 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-MaxXNosaj Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Gertack_v2 Guest

More importantly, did they fix the trash in Ascent having a billion HP?!

I can only imagine those x2 trash mobs with their HP scaled up to x4...shudder.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lites Guest

I don't agree at all with mobs required for an access quest
  6. ARCHIVED-Lites Guest

Message Edited by Lites on 04-21-2006 08:30 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Lites Guest

I don't agree at all with mobs required for an access quest to be contested. There was far too much ************ that went on in EQ1 and I want to enjoy playing the game without having to wait for uber guild_04 to get all kitted out before I can complete my quest.

Contested mobs depend on a number of people being online when the mob spawns, which is fine for the unemployed and school children but not for the majority of people who play this game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Warondom Guest

Works fine as they do right now
  9. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Well Skippy, I am glad you have 24 people in your guild wiht nothing to do but camp a dragon....others dont.
    The difficulty was not the mob, but the need to sit and stare at walls with 23 others waiting to go after him....and possibly gank him from other guilds...WEE FUN....so much skill and l33t tactics there bro!
    All this does is give people access to the mobs, it didnt beat it for them.
    And you have already tested the new Harla Dar to know it is weak as hell?
  10. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

I work full time and had no problem with access.
  11. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

kinda curious on the lockouts... also curious now what its gonna mean for DT access itself... is everyone in raid gonna need it now???
    the current system allows blocking but ehh, if you want something bad enough you find a way around it pickup raid for pantrilla/harla when they spawn (neither mob is hard), keep the effigies perma dead (at least the one on the first floor) so you can't be blocked from gore/tal, again pickup raid these (they aren't hard)... you'd be surprized how many guilds are in the same boat and would be willing to work towards a common goal...
    i do hope the instanced x4's only allow 24ppl to enter, nomore of taking 2 raids to kill a x4 mob... that trivializes content...
  12. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

That dosnt look true. Unfortunatly. :D (well the spelling mistake and kinda sloppy way its done.... hummm now it sounds true to SOE again....)

Personaly id like to see instances with no loot versions of the 3 dragons for access... then buff the loot of the contested dragons now, you like loot dont you *flashs sinhy loot infront of people who think contested raid mobs make good access quests* :p
    Message Edited by AratornCalahn on 04-21-2006 09:00 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

You're east coast though, right? Because I know when I get home from work (pacific standard time), all the contesteds are already dead.

I dont think deathtool needed to be handed to people on a silver platter, but a lot of guilds (pacific ones definitly) have a 3 hour disadvantage on contesteds, so Deathtoll is impossible for those people.
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmoogles Guest

Looks like everyone got there wish here. This is still going to be a problem but whatever.
    For the comments about glad we have time to camp mobs. Well most of us have full times jobs or in school full time, married and have kids and we still didn't have a problem getting to these mobs. Don't hate on someone because they are more mobile or work well with others.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

16. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Dont grats whiners...

Grats the good old big fat $. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Gimmisome Guest

East coast? nah.... we are spread all over, but our guild uses Pacific time as standard. And I would say that at least 85% of our guild holds full time jobs. (me included)I am also interested to know how this works now, Do you still need to kill Pantrilla to get through the porter? Will there be a 24 person limit in Harla's Room? What is the lockout timer? is it an instance timer or a mob timer like Talendor/Gorenaire? Will Harla only spawn every 6 days per server, or will Harla always be in her room with a 6 day lockout on the room. Have the lagging through walls and CoH issues been addressed? Is Harla still an NPC until Pantrilla is killed? Or is all of this irrelevant becuase It is just a regular old instance zone?Also, as has been mentioned, Harla Dar is going to need to be made alot easier otherwise the guilds that couldn't get to her to begin with will still not be able to beat her. which, imo defeats the purpose of giving them all the instance they wanted.

Message Edited by Gimmisome on 04-21-2006 09:41 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Jigokusensei Guest

This is exactly what KoS needed in regards to the Access mobs for DT. With this SoE has opened up more raid content to more guilds. (Yes, I realize the content was there but there were alot of issues/arguements occuring.)
    I'm very curious to see the x4 AoA, that should be fun. :smileyvery-happy:
    Harla should be kept at the same lvl of difficulty, as many guilds will be seeing her for the first time. This is finally players vs content, not vs each other. PVE!
    Well done!!
  19. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Wrong assumption....being able to mobilize 24 people has no correlation with the skill of the raiders...the only correlation it has is with the time available to the people raiding.
    I have not seen people insulting the guilds that have done this. By saying we dont have the time, is a valid statement, and not a reverse insult at the people who do, whether they work full time or not.
    Some guilds dont have the logistics working to have the raiding members on to do contested spawns...they work off "in guild" set schedules.
    Grats to the guilds that had the time, or found the time to do this.
    I am glad they changed this and I agree with you totally that I HOPE the encounter is left the same dificulty.
    Agian people were not complaining about the difficulty of the encounter, just the ability to find the mob up and have the tries to sort out a strat for that mob w/o interference by rabid competing guilds just waiting to walk over your corpses.
  20. ARCHIVED-Arhan Guest

These sound like good changes to me.