Nagafen PvP Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Not so Busko,

if the behavior on beta holds true some will scatter and start scrounging for an edge, looking for any gear or spell upgrades.

others will go off someplace they think they can hide for a bit and 'trade' kills to level fast, the 'hider's' will then bell surf the starter zones of their home city to further level and loot those that are trying for quest gear and mob drops, the ones that get looted and killed (remember each time they kill you , they gain exp and loot and you lose loot and gain no exp, they get stronger you get weaker ) until they cant fight back enough to level ...and then they will leave .

the remaining players will proceed to consume each other until there is one left to get the title .

Sounds so fun ..it just give's me shivers ...
    Siren and Bekkr like this.
  2. Jeremyah New Member

In the end, if people all agree they want to also keep the current fame system, I really don't care. What I am proposing deals specifically with the season end titles.

I earned the top fame title back in the day on a monk, and there were also times when i did not care about the title. From my experience, it was much more fun not paying attention to fame titles in their current and past state. As I mentioned before, I believe it actually discourages PVP for the vast majority of situations, rather than encourages it. For a PVP focused server, it just does not seem like a necessary or even helpful inclusion.

Next, I am not sure what you mean by impossible to rank them. I remember back when PVP first launched you could go on the EQ2 website and see rankings for PVP stats, class specific or not. As a Monk back then, I never compared myself to scouts or whatever OP META class was out at the time, I always looked at just monks on the server. It was as easy as hitting a simple sort tab.

I am not saying there cannot be an OVERALL season winner or whatever, for those who feel the need to try and be king $hit of f*ck mountain.........However, All of that data has always, and I am sure will still will be tracked, and does not require any kind of BIG changes to implement.

There is no reason to rank a Brigand against a Mystic. This is my point. Mystics would only be ranked against other mystics. (In terms of deciding who wins the season end pvp title for each class)

I remember one Mystic in particular on Nagafen, his name alludes me, I believe he was European, but man he was a pretty good pvper, solo or in groups, even on a gimped class. If anyone deserved a pvp title, that guy did! That is the reason for my proposal. He played Mystic because he loved the class, regardless of its "power rankings" in PVP. Sure he could have played a scout or druid like 70% of the server, but he chose not to, and I really respected that.

The whole point of this server is to foster pure PVP competition. However, if all classes do not feel viable to compete, we are doing a total injustice to this amazing game. All classes should feel viable to play and compete for a season end reward. PERIOD

This means, the Mystic with the highest "PVP points" (for lack of a better term) would earn a "Mystic specific" title that season.
    Each exclusive title for each class could have a nice flavor and lore directly related to the class. How cool would that be!?

I mean does Dreadnaught really fit for a Mystic or Coercer?

I am sure the Devs could come up with cool season winning titles for each class that provide a nice flavor and feeling for the class it belongs to. They could even come up with a few for each and let us vote on the final inclusions. Getting the community involved would actually be a welcomed and NICE change from DBG.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Jeremyah, I like some of your title ideas for different classes, but I wouldn't hold your breath on any dev caring or doing anything with any of that. They completely ignored all the beta feedback as it was, just like they do with pretty much every beta.

They apparently have a publicly untested Bounty System going onto Nagafen for launch. Moreover, they are still knee-deep in class and item changes, with two server launches containing two new rule sets looming in a couple of weeks. It's only Caith working on Nagafen besides.
  4. Trasor Active Member

I wouldn't say they ignored all of the beta feedback, believe it was selective hearing. They took the obvious, more game-breaking issues and worked on correcting those.

Some ideas, however, I believe they are pretty set on: short seasons with a wipe, FFA, and PvP being the biggest form of experience gain. If, however, it does not go well on live which is a possibility, they have invested a ton of work into this so I am pretty sure they could make some changes next season.
    Durzo likes this.
  5. Zeknafien New Member

Character wipes lol...sounds like daybreak does nothing but break games during the day. People don't play MMOs to have to restart...I've played since launch and I'm certainly not going to start a new character every 90 days, was super excited to hear pvp, but might as well play as prerolled characters. It's hard enough to justify the time required to play an MMO even working for myself, let alone restarting every 3 months. It will never be what it was for me, oh well.
    Surgeon, Asper1N13 and Siren like this.
  6. Drew575 Active Member

Here's an idea. Since you don't want us tradeskilling on this new server...give us token drops (like before) and let use use those tokens to buy adept 3s/masters/gear. Put a merchant in with mastercrafted gear and adept 3s...give us token drops..thus ruling out the need to tradeskill on a PVP server
    Durzo and Arkaynon like this.
  7. donk New Member

Would love to come back again but not with the character wipes please really think about that
    Siren and Trasor like this.
  8. Trasor Active Member

This Donk from naggy?
  9. donk New Member

Yes it is I'm hoping to come back if they do this right
  10. donk New Member

and y only one character can't you just have no shared trade slots and each character has to have the same last name so you will still be known for the choices you make no matter what character you play?
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

They want people to pay another $15 a month for each alt.
    Ursa Minor and Trasor like this.
  12. Leaf New Member

and people would just farm themselves.... as they will do with their guildies and friends anyway...

Lets face it. It was a nice thought but it's another cash-grab. We all know that we are only here while we wait for Pantheon anyway, so instead of paying ya sub for a disappointing month here, go pledge on pantheon instead...
  13. Fetish Well-Known Member

While at first I was skeptical of the character wipes, I have come to understand that, given the rest of the server format, they are beneficial and almost necessary.

We only get one character. There are no alts. In order to ensure that there is a population at the lower levels of the next stage, they need to make us start all over. But in all seriousness, people were leveling like crazy, because PVP happens, and PvP experience was amazing. I would hazard a guess that the people stating they don't want to redo everything have made dozens of characters...maybe they still have dozens on Live. It isn't hard, and you just have to be willing to let go of the fears that Live has burned in to you, the constant grinding of some made up resource every expansion in order to be viable. On this PvP server, everyone will be able to gear up easily...I mean we are only going to KoS. That doesn't take any time at all. People that can play only a little will be able to keep up with those that have no life. It truly is a genius set up for what DBG is proposing.

The only thing that needs to be adjusted in this scenario is tradeskill XP. In order for a tradeskiller to keep up with the short seasons, and the character wipes, will be increasing tradeskill XP.

I don't look at it as paying $$$ to lose everything, because I'm losing a character that took little time to make and level, and gained tons of fun during its leveling, and I get to do it again in the next season. So...everyone who thinks it will suck...please, just try it for two seasons. I really think that this format will grow on everyone...
    Carynn likes this.
  14. Fetish Well-Known Member

Wait...the neighborhoods are back?!?!? The Baubleshire?!?! Temple Street, with Chef Schmenko chasing that cat around?!?!
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

Er, I don't think they're fully set up like they used to be, having neither all the old original quests nor the housing available, but we will be able to walk around in them I guess. And they're only launching only on PvE TL Kaladim at first, at least according to the Daybreak News article on Kaladim. Later on (not sure when) they will launch on the other servers.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I wish they would bring them back in full. I loved Nettleville and Starcrest.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Lord Valence New Member

I played the first week of beta and it was pretty fun, but having your character wiped every 3 months in an MMORPG that you play to progressively build your character up over long periods of time is just ridiculous.

Caith and Kander just cannot get it right. After all of these years, they still just don't listen.

It's truly unfortunate.
    Surgeon and mercenery like this.
  18. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

of all the things that seem to need a change for the pvp server,
    starting with utterly dog eat dog unstructured pvp for three aching months, if it opens to the beta programing and rule set, slow tradeskill exp gain , a complete lack of gear due to what will be a lack of questing or tradeskilling ..just one prize , one that's 1 ..

and all you can keep harping on is the wipe of the characters ?? really ?? let it go , horse done died..6 beatings back.

its An Event Server.. let me translate that for you it means , short term. once the event is over .. its over.

you wouldn't want to start the next event with an unfair advantage , would you ?? you do want to get a fair start on the next season , right ? you like the challenge of pvp , yes? and you of course would Never consider being unfair to new starters in the next season??

the developers would not be sticking to something like the character wipe without a compelling reason.
  19. Nuada Active Member

The only reason for this is = not enough players for a non event pvp Server.

but for ur answer.... Better unfair as wiping yes :)

1. the whole game is not fair, for a fair game we need "gear" for pvp and mutch more.
    if i play wow 1 year not, but after that i come back i can have in 3-4 days the full PVP gear and im rdy for grinding Arena gear. and now what can a good player make in less days in eq2? , to get the gear set from players that play 10 times longer?
    sure 100% nothing. (= 100% **** server population)

So if one starts after 1 month, he has no chance to become as good in this season as a other he did from the beginning of the season

someone who works now has no chance to get better, especially if it is not from the us, because most of the action is @ night in EU (without gear for pvp no chance) (and i can not play if my wife is at the work because "i lvl her away", and i cant get a second char, to solve this problem.)

2. I have 15+ lvl95+ chars on 2 accs i do not need make the whole game again and gain from new.... i need only max lvl pvp with good balancing and endgame content for pvp without wiping all chars again. with a pvp on/off switch for all eq2 servers.

3. Unfortunately, I lost hope, that it will probably be the old eq2 again, eq2 was ahead of its time 10years in the past.
    and now every feature/possibilities locking old compared to all other 0815 mmos.

sad because this game is still in my first place.
  20. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

well I have to admire honesty .
    your late start issues are correct , start late and you feed the strong and die . then get smart and wait for season 2 knowing they all got cut back to start.

I have roughly 20 level 110 characters on one account , and two servers at the moment most are playable at least the solo and standard group dungeons , I've leveled a few characters .

the point I was trying to make is that this is a short term server and event , its not intended that every player will lovingly build and polish their playing piece taking great care and time to get it juuust right ... this is tackle football in the prison yard with out refs.. its a game of who can really play the class they choose and who can just flat out play pvp and be The survivor .. that's all there is to this event season.. its not home shows or disco's , or doing the most quests .. nope not it .. its kill kill kill wipe wipe wipe , the weak will get weaker and the last piranha in the pond will pick each other to death until there is one big ragged fish left in the pond. then its season over and start again .

and Nuada.. you get to start from square one...just like everyone else.