Nagafen PvP Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Lol no. Can you please stop with these absurd ideas? The fame system is absolutely fine. You get fame within + or - 1 rank from yours and it is split among the members of your group. You don't get fame for a raid, you get more fame solo/duo. You should absolutely lose fame when you die otherwise it means nothing. Its just another level and no one gives a flip, they made that change on Nagafen and it was stupid just as it is now. If people want to title hug let them. You frustrate me beyond belief.
  2. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

First , I am for the server wipes and I agree with them.
    I can think of three good reasons for them ... first;
    the developers have been there longer than most of the players at this point, and when you work the 'back end' of a customer service job you see and know things the customer does not need to know. the dev's have seen every exploit, third party and home written hack for 15 years.. a server wipe negates a vast majority of these.

second ;
    ease of programing the next season. there is no reason to think the second season will be a copy of the first , for all we know they may decide to hand everyone a level 55 or 65 toon with a crate of goods and make the next game take place in the city of maj'dul, in a tower and city take over game ... we don't know. wiping all the character files means they have less headaches starting a clean fresh game server.

third;
    it will allow complete class and race trait and stat resets with the least issues . I don't know if running the third party programs you all love , ie. darq ui or profit ui effects what they do when updating character stats, but a full wipe makes that a moot point .

I do agree that if they want to see play that goes beyond what I saw on beta they would make trade skilling exp reflect the live span of the server, They could give a bauble or make the TS exp triple norm. That would give the players a chance to even the field between themselves.
    With out that, the victim cycle will be firmly established by the second day, which is why I found beta to be less than fun by the third day out . My usual play style in pvp is if I lose (and I do) to go upgrade and improve and come back. The rule set and programing on beta precluded this, there were no upgrades reasonably attainable so it was a downward spiral of get killed come back to the guy that leveled off of killing you (you didn't level) who kills you again ... and so on.
    I also know that now that I've pointed this out fifteen people are going to hop up and say "oh no that's not it !" and "I don't think that's so!"or "I don't agree with that, it cant be right " and I don't care, as the Developer opinion is the operative one here and on this I don't disagree with them .
    Trasor likes this.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

So much nonsense.

Are you really talking abot a victim cycle? its a pvp server with hundreds of different people. Some may grief, some dont. If you mind dying in pvp, the server isnt for you. How many people raged in shout after i killed them while they were questing lol. Like i need to explain why i killed them.

I also dont understnd why people believe that season whipes will stop people from getting too strong.

Newsflash: It wont. The person who puts the most time into this game, will be most likely the strongest. The one with the most invested time has the best equipment, spells and level. A seasonal whipe will NOT change this cause as soon as the new season starts the person with the most invested time will be the strongest again.

Im in my mid 30's. I cant play this game all day every day anymore. Some people can and will play that much and im fine with them being better (than me) in the end. Whether you have seasons or not, i will never be the one with the highest kills, i understand that and im fine with that.

The approach of DELETING the char is plain wrong. I understand setting things back like level, armor and spells. But having to re-do EVERYTHING in this superb MMORPG every season isnt gonna work.
    Peace and MissGreen like this.
  4. MissGreen Member

Welp, I am one of those people who came from the OG pvp server so to me this is a a bit much and honestly I see it as a crash grab. the reason is if they truly wanted to have a legit pvp server, they would put the time and effort into it instead of two weeks beta, also they would TAKE OUR CONSIDERATIONS AND IDEAS/WANTS into their care, but no they have not heard a single word we are saying to them...Which makes me think of the last company that did just that and months later they were bought out. If you are smart DB you will listen now, not later if you can make the pvp server like it was /faction based I would do that because your fans here are sitting on the side lines, waiting for that .....They do NOT want what you have come up with...and by the way why would you come up with that , oh ..thats right, cash grab. I'm not sorry, you guys are all about money now....I just paid for all access I can't even buy a Merc because I have to give you more ******* money, ******* redundant and ridiculous. This game will die only due to your selfish skeeeeems... , where money will triumph over the lands of this game and you will not benefit in the end..you will be bought out just like Rift Was, because greed has no place in here. Watch and see. ..I mean the idea of a ffa battle royale is not gonna save you. YOUR DIE HARD FANS ARE GONNA SAVE YOU, LISTEN TO THEM PLEASE AND THANK YOU. ...DAMN IT!

Oh and about the TLE servers just stop please because you are just creating a flux in your player base. But I don't think you care, in fact I think you are worse than Trion worlds because you want all the money you can get before the ship sinks and you will never give the dedicated players what they truly deserve. Sorry, Call it a hunch , I think I'm right though. The game is in trouble, devls arent getting paid enough, they are leaving........How much ya wanna bet. The solution is always cash grabs....and promoting things that wont last nor does not make sense in the long run. Please , for the love of this game look at other games that have through this and these are the vital signs...Look at Rift...the devs came up with no end game content , they pushed a Prime server to save their *** and it didn't work in the end.....Maybe listen to your fans or not...this pvp server could set the game a new haigher, come on! I mean, if your gonna bring this server on , do it right and I know for facts that you will be okay with subs. Because I would subscribe for sure i f it was the only pvp server and it goes back to factions/exile...you could have a longevity of a server, the fact that its so short lived will turn people off also, what is the point....????Unless you plan on making a ******* MIRACLE ROUND nothing is going to change from these servers except again , splitting the player base. Just hear me out please, I do know some things and I don't think you guys are following anyone or listening at all, you want to take on the battle, it could just forfeit the game..

maybe let everyone have a fair and fun chance and that is not a ffa, but you arent listening so why bother. You brought a ffa pvp server that no one wanted..so reap this ****** non rewards of that.
    Peace likes this.
  5. MissGreen Member

okay, I'll make sure my force focuses on you.
  6. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

so I see someone cherry picked just one phrase out of my post,(not even the one I thought they would) then passed it off as 'its a pvp server' you should like being chain killed with no hope of surprising the other player.... ? I thought surprising the other player and not being the easy kill they thought you were, was sort of the point of a pvp server.
    While everything said before I used the phrase "victim cycle" was brushed over (and off) because any point that refutes the universal dislike of the intended server wipe of a seasonal event server , should be of course be ignored . because a fact that is disliked is ,also of course wrong ...

And honestly what do you call it where one player feeds an other's growth, while gaining no benefit or having any hope of competing within the given rule set ? I am not saying its not a pvp server, what I am saying is that if the live opens with the same rule set coupled with the lack of an infrastructure (that's the trade skill community, and broker system, pve dungeon and named mob box drops) any player that starts late or re-rolls a character.. will have no hope of successful play , they will be fodder for someone else's leveling.. right before they leave and don't come back .
  7. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Someone who joins late and is new to the server wont compete with long standing gamers or high lvl raiders. The new person wont be in their level ranges and they arent competing with high lvl raiders.

New players got all the time in the world to catch up. WHEN they reach end game and start having to compete with old gamers, things are gonna get tough. But thats how the world works, thats how its gonna work with or without seasonal whipes. You need a headstart of 2-3 days and you will steamroll new players. The point is that there will always be someone stronger than you. This isnt counterstrike or call of duty, its a MMORPG. Time investments beats everything.

If you get griefed, call your friends or join a guild. Thats the whole point of community based games like EQ1 and EQ2. There is an ingame answer to that, make use of it. Its not like there arent ways to escape griefing groups, ive managed to out level them, why couldnt you?
  8. The Fonz Active Member

I am sorry, but your three reasons are nonsense. 1. They rarely play their own game. And the decisions made are not based on what the developers want to build, but what will bring short term money. 2. They can update the game however they want with new rulesets, gear, levels. It doesn’t matter if there are existing chars or not. 3. DarqUI and other uis don’t change your char stats, they change your visualization of how you see things.
  9. Darman New Member

No point in reading all the posts. Server wipe is just not smart and will keep the majority of potential payers totally away. People dont want to bust their butts building up a character only to have it reset/wiped or whatever else you want to call it. Whomever thought this was a good idea is absolutely missing the mark. You just lost atleast 50% of your player base for the server.

What are you thinking?
    Siren likes this.
  10. Asper1N13 New Member

Me and my community are totally agree with you. There are too many disadvantages of wipe(s):
    1. Spent time on leveling character (TS and advanturer's level). Last update (KoS) will give us AA's so wipe will undoing erned AA's too. Same for items, spells, etc. To obtain all of these things in PVP mo
    2. Wipe means loss all off kronos and money spent on membership.
    3. Players who want to play at least one current class will be boring of leveling again. After 3 months season big part of this kind of players will not have a motivation to play in new season.
    So maybe a better way to make a more meaningful PVP seasonal server is just wiping PVP ranks, PVP items, status (maybe), faction porgress or somewhat but completely all character? (ssory for my english)
  11. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

First to Ajjantis,
    that's one of my points, this is pvp and they will indeed be competing with high lvl raiders and everyone else its the nature of general pvp.

No, new players do not have all the time in the world for this , season is 3 months , and playing a pvp server is a CHOICE .. if they enter the server , get rolled off the boat then they find the Rule Set for the server precludes them from Ever catching up They Will Leave.

Ajjantis you seem to have focused on the last part of my post and seem to be reading it as , I am railing against pvp bullying , and you are correct I'm not a fan of any sort of bullying , but that's not the point of that paragraph , my point is the Rule Set and method of experience gain for trade skills and ordinary adventuring , for at least the beta test time period , made the play far harder than most people will volunteer for . I for one would LIKE to see this pvp server succeed for that it needs people , lots of people .

and to The Fonz,

My reasons may be nonsense, as they are guess's based on experience. any guess can be wrong.
    but where in my post did I ever suggest anything about the devs playing ??? my first guess was based on the fact that eq2 has never started an expansion or server on time , so far as I know, ever. I know they are not doing it for giggles ... so something has to be giving them grief on the back end .. they plan to stop and restart the pvp server every 3 months, with as short a rest time as they can manage, due to that money grab thing you noted .
    and like all jobs I doubt the developers spend their days doing just what they want to do ... pretty sure they do a lot of coding and art work on stuff they would like to see some other way, but the boss says do it this way ... and for my guess concerning the third party Ui modifiers, you are probably correct, but then maybe some enterprising amateur programmer has found a way to use one as a way into the game code .. I doubt they could but I don't Know that.

and my statement that the server wipe will solve any question of that nature , still stands .
    there has to be a reason the devs are sticking to their guns on this .. check back to that money thing, I doubt they are jeopardizing getting more penny's from players on a whim.
  12. Trasor Active Member

The more I think about it the more tradeskills concern me as well. We were gifted Experts and MC gear in Beta. Unless you are playing 4+ hours every day I do not see how you could be a level 50 adventurer and level 50 tradeskiller in a month.

Given what we have seen in beta, MC gear now only marginally behind heroic zone gear, it really matters to have a solid tradeskill population too.

Again, I am playing and going in with high hopes but I am not sure if this is a situation like the McRib. We always know that will come back, not sure on EQ2 PvP.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Jeremyah New Member

Yeah we all understand how the fame system currently works and there is nothing good about it. I was talking about removing the current fame/title system completely, not changing it to where you don't lose fame. I'm talking about replacing it with a new system in the background that would take into account not only kills, but your KDA, and how many people are involved in the kills you get.

If we are talking about earning a server exclusive title (class specific or not) at the end of the season, there is no reason for fame, infamy, or whatever currency they come up with to be lost. That was my point. Of course fame in its current state, makes sense to be lost and gained, no one is arguing that.

You just say ideas are bad with no real consideration or refutation, completely ignoring the entire post. Did you even read and comprehend it? There is literally nothing productive about your reply, so why write it?

How would class specific titles be a bad thing!? Would you not like to have other classes be viable to win the server exclusive title on the new server instead of just the few OP scouts and maybe the warden or fury who can roll in a stacked group day in and day out?

The only people I can see being against this are those planning to roll scouts, furies, and wardens who know they will have a clear advantage going in if the server launches without any of these ideas in mind. The sad thing is, they might actually prefer to play something else, but won't because they know they cannot be competitive on a mystic or guardian. This is a problem.

Would you not find it logical that a PVP title worn by a single person should reflect said single person's own skill and ability in PVP as compared to his peers (same class) over anything else?

Hell, for people who refuse to pvp solo or only like group pvp, they could come up with special guild pvp titles as well, earned by the guild with the most "pvp points".

I am just saying there needs to be incentive for all play-styles to feel like they can compete and have fun, whether its solo, duo, small group or full group, and ANY class they wish to try to be the best at....Period. If you want people to stick around for more than a month, I just don't see it happening without a system like this.

What is absurd is that anyone would be against these ideas. Unreal...
    Bekkr likes this.
  14. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Class specific titles would be silly. First off, it'd be impossible to rank them. Sure you might give a mystic or two an extra title but what about the vast majority of scouts? I understand you had a hard time gaining a title on beta. I'd recommend joining a guild and attempting to learn instead of change. You're constantly looking for large changes that aren't going to be made on a 2 man team when we have a perfectly useful and well adjusted fame system and there are much more pressing issues. We discussed this in discord. My issue with your idea is that they aren't a solution to a problem. They're a new system with new problems.
  15. Bekkr Well-Known Member

It's funny how many people are saying server wipes are bad because it means leveling/developing your character becomes a waste of time.

The entire point of this (and indeed almost any) game is literally to waste time.
    Ursa Minor likes this.
  16. Trasor Active Member

I think it is more of a quality of time thing. Most people, I would imagine on this server, would rather enjoy pvping once a certain comfort zone has been attained knowing you have given yourself the best opportunity to win.

Grinding to max level, running zones to get my gear, waiting for loot to get spells vs. getting a Beta buff/heroic character to do it - I would choose the character every time. But, it really depends on what you like. Clearly most people like the former since that is why we still have PVE servers and we do not have a PVP one currently.
  17. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

actually that shouldn't be the case, all the information needed to tally up numbers of kills and deaths is already gathered and posted on the leader boards , and it sorts by class as well as level, it even breaks it down to kills to deaths ratios.. getting the information needed to give a 'Best in Class' award wouldn't be that hard or take undue time from the one man team working this pvp server idea. ( thank you Caith!).

Giving out more than one award , and in this case that award is Just the title nothing else , would make more sense than just one title that's going to a tough ride to get. I have no doubt there will LOTS of angst on that .
  18. Arkaynon New Member

To the posts above. I think you misunderstood what I said earlier on. I didn't mean have class specific titles and what not. I meant instead of having the top player have a unique title and appearance gear set, make it so that the top of each class has this title and unique appearance set. So that every class has a chance on getting it. As stated above it would not be that hard considering its already integrated in the leaderboards. It would make it so we wouldn't just see Scouts, Crusaders and Druids.

I still agree with most saying the character wipe is a bad idea. That it won't last past the second season but it is what it is I guess. Maybe they should consider extending the seasons to perhaps 6 months and make it so every expansion is out every two months. Honestly at this point idk why they haven't listened to the fan base feedback so far.

I like the idea that the top pvp will have a bounty on his/her head, it was a good idea. Therefore I'd like to add to that. So far their is pvp writs. Why not add four more wrists.
    1. Scout killer (bounty on the best scout)
    2 Mage killer (bounty on the best mage)
    3. Priest killer (bounty on the best priest)
    4. Fighter killer (bounty on the best fighter)

It could even be done for level range ex: 10-19, 20-29 and so on. Idk just thinking of idea to keep it interesting.
  19. Busko Glads

so let me get this right..

server opens we all start lvl 12 correct ?
    first thing on every ones mind is PvP best way to lvl correct

so off to Ant/CL seeing as we all same lvl every one is going to be there at the same time meaning 1 thing mass zerg PvP fights every one will be dinging of every one because its FFA by the end of the fist day most players sat in the zerg fights will be lvl 30 or maybe even 50 if the xp isgood wont even have to move from Ant/CL lvl 4 range because we all be lvling same time because we all the same lvl at the same time and we all killing each other...

they really have no clue and after the first season naggy will be dead because no body wants there character wiped but do they give a crap lol not at all..... (Dev team) ohh and btw thank you for the money and my bonus because we met the profit margin from all the membership got from naggy.

RAGE!!!!!

13 years iv gave my life to this game and they cant even be arsed to listen to us.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

No, you start at level 1. Caith already said on Discord there won't be any level buffs at launch. Nor will we be given any instant plat nor instant gear. We likely won't even have any bags besides the one 4-slotter you get on TLs, either. Caith just wanted to propel everyone straight into PvP for the beta, so he geared us up, boosted us to 10 and threw in some bags so we could get right to testing PvP.

I really think we need another beta, to test t3 and up (most on the server never got there), and also to test this Bounty System mentioned in the News Article. This is about the first concrete mention it's ever had-- not a good sign for a server charging $15 a month per character. Any exploits and functionality issues should be combed through *before* launch, not in a review of how the first season went.

Flightrisk likes this.