Nagafen PvP Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Clearly, the only feedback they were truly interested was internal data for their balance pass.

We shouldn't be surprised though, because this is what they typically do: (1) Decide what they want to do, (2) Ask for Feedback, (3) Ignore the feedback and just do what they wanted to do in the first place.

Anyone remember the developer sponsored class suggestion/feedback threads posted around AoM(ish)?

I imagine the first season will do ok. Not real optimistic about any after that.
    Umuk likes this.
  2. Tomass New Member

Yeah, glad I saw that server will wipe characters. Now I'm definitely NOT playing on this server... Very disappointed about this decision. I was very excited to be back on PVP server but this is a waste of time... making new character all over again to obtain gear and master spells...
    Umuk and Siren like this.
  3. Xiao Member

This will objectively be the most hardcore EQ2 server to date. A lot of people just look at it as a PvP server but its much more competitive than that. The contested epics will be very hard to lock down for one guild if not impossible (in vanilla), since your raid will have to fend off the opposite faction and your own faction with the zergs of randoms that will form a raids on both sides just because they are on at the same time. And we must keep in mind that the contested epics will have the best PvP loot so they will be PvP magnets. It will look like the Kylong Plains writ giver at every t5 contested. If a guild can lock down those contested they truly are the most hardcore.

FFA is not the only hardcore element here. The seasonal wipes will also make it very difficult for one guild to lock down contested. It's also an integral part of keeping the server healthy and competitive.

I'm not meme'ing calling eq2 hardcore lol, just saying that this will be the most hardcore server eq2 has offered, ever. It will be a lot of fun for good players if they do return, and it will be frustratingly impossible for noobs under the current ruleset.

I see a lot of players commenting here, in broken English non-the-less, mentioning RPing and not getting their names post-wipe.

If seasonal wipes or not getting the name you wanted are a concern so grave for you that you would consider not playing here, then you shouldn't play here; it's not designed for you. You'll have a much better time on Kaladim.
  4. The Fonz Active Member

Yeah, I am not disagreeing that people that don't like wipes shouldn't be playing it. But that's my whole point. They won't. And PvP will be dead for the third time.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ftfy:

I think your overall assessment is accurate. Which means it won't be wildly popular after the first season. There is nothing pve about this server other than gear farming.

Which is ok with me. I just don't like the emphasis on acquiring character power imbalances.
  6. Arkaynon New Member

I'm not trying to start an argument here but your statement is wrong. We don't belong on a pvp server because what some people have jobs, family and friends? Because we aren't teenagers or young adults who have nothing better to do then sit in front of the computer and grind this game out for 8+ hrs a day.

No what I'm hearing is that they do not care about the average person and are in it for the money. Again I stand firm by saying that it's a huge disappointment for many and like someone else said. The first season may be good but afterwards people will get sick of starting over. People who have lives (I mean that in no cruel or malisse way) will not have the time to grind the levels and grind tradeskills as other do.

I wanted to play for the sheer purpose of pvp knowing full well that I will not be on the leaderboards due to my lack of time spent but just to enjoy good old fashion pvp like it use to be on Nagafen.

But knowing that I need to restart from scratch every 3 months does not mean I dont belong on that server nor anyone else who enjoys to pvp.
    Umuk, mercenery and Siren like this.
  7. Drew575 Active Member

hey devs...the majority doesn't want a server wipe..a MMO that takes time to build up a character is not designed for this type of game play...everyone is asking to keep their characters seriously why do we have to start from scratch every time??? NOONE wants this option...why are you blatantly ignoring the feedback this is given here??
    Umuk, line110 and Siren like this.
  8. MarzEQ New Member

The two weeks of beta was a complete joke to everyone except the most abhorrent of griefers. Completely convinced that DBG hasn't devoted enough resources in terms of manpower/logical thinking to pull this project off. Predict the server is down to dozens within two weeks. Will not be playing.
    line110 and Siren like this.
  9. Xiao Member

Changing what I said and making it look like I said that isn't a typo. It's a misinformation campaign.

I get that you're mad that the server isn't for you. See you on the next blue TLE
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Or, instead of your completely unrealistic scenario, the FFA PvP fans will again do on Nagafen what they actually just did for the last 2 weeks during beta. They will become 6 mans of oranges in city NPC vendor gear, stacked at their own faction's newbie bells because they're too lazy to move 5 feet, ganking and griefing their own faction's greens... until the server again empties out after the 2nd day. :p The end.
    NurmYokai likes this.
  11. Xiao Member

It will be dramatically faster leveling than Kaladim, so I'm not sure your post is relevant in any way. If you played on beta you would know at level in t2 you get a level every handful of kills.

Resets actually help casual players (defining this term is difficult because a lot of players in momentum/neustart played a lot less time per week; they are just better at the game than most of the TLE playerbase left) stay on an even level with better guilds.

Also, you won't be missing from the leaderboards because you didn't put the time in. You'll be missing because you're not any good at PvP XD
  12. Xiao Member

If someone is orange to you when there's a beta buffer in to level cap, I don't know how to help you. If you are standing in a respawn point and expect to not get killed, I don't know how to help you.

Godspeed to your group and guild
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

If you only showed up the couple days of beta and not for the 2 weeks prior, you would think beta consisted only of a buffer to 50 cap. But jeez, you're supposedly so l33t and hardcore-- no one would expect you to make a fool out of yourself by saying things like that.

And no one supposedly as tough and l33t as you would like people to think you are would typically confuse a respawn point with the bell into a zone, either. ;)
  14. Errol New Member

First off, thank you to the DB for bringing any style of pvp back to EQ2.

I started playing this game 14 or so years ago, starting on a blue server like everyone. High Keep server, then went to Venakor on day 1 of pvp, didn't think I would like it, when on the 3rd day I fought a guy and he dropped 7 plat. Needless to say I've been hooked ever since(I have lost my share of plats too lol). Then we all had to transfer to the now legendary Nagafen server, pvp was never more exciting.

After Nagafen closed I figured I would never play EQ2 again, after 9 years of playing EQ for 4 to 6 hours a day, after working 8 to 11 hours a day driving a truck coast to coast, I thought my addiction was gone forever because I will not ever play any game without pvp. But then low and behold DEATHTOLL came out and I was again losing sleep and spending way more money than the 14.99/ month sub.

Just to fill out the background on me I was and still am a half *** decent pvper, I can beat some peeps and get beat by many more, but that doesn't matter, just the fact that I always have that feeling that I'm being hunted makes it worth it to me.

I think people forget what drives EQ pvp, it's people having to quest for levels and gear that always made it fun because it drove people to have to leave their safety zones to do stuff. The recent pvp beta showed that xp gains from mainly pvp just ruins the game exponentially faster just mere days till most of the pvp is gone.

For a 3 month server it should take almost 2 of those months to reach 50, not 4 to 8 hours like it did on beta it just ruins the game, what's the hurry top level pvp it just boils down to groups / raids killing solo or significantly smaller groups, and bell hopping what a joke.

The last thing I have is the same as most here full character xp wipes are the wrong way to go, no one wants to be in an ever ending build a toon loop time after time, that is what alts are for. All the wipe should do is reset the leader boards of the kill stats.

All this being said I will play on any pvp server that DB brings out, and be grateful for it. What's the alternative? Sit around the guild halls on a blue server admiring everyone's pretty gear? Not for me.

Thanks again DB for giving us another shot (just don't wipe our toons every 3 months, lol)

ps. Think about pvp encounter locks, eliminate leeching!
    Durzo likes this.
  15. Arkaynon New Member

See Xiao I told you I didn't want to start an argument but you're obviously trying to make this personal.

I wouldn't consider myself a God but I'm definitely not terrible. Little boy stop talking big and learn to have respect for other opinions without the insults.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Xiao Member

Maybe I'm in the minority. I like the idea of character wipe because it keeps everyone on an even playing field when the season starts and prevents people from falling into that trap where they think TLE's are permanent servers
  17. PHEER New Member

Hello, played every PVP server EQ has had to offer - and for those of you who dont know, this is actually not the most 'progressively hardcore' offering as I started on Rallos Zek. That server was open pvp all levels no cap, and drop 1 piece of gear when you died. That being said, I dont think there is a market for that beyond 20 players today.. now the above is a pretty solid test, I would imagine the powers that be want to keep 1 account per server so people can pay for other accounts if they want but atleast its revenue.. as far as the character wipes, I think its to keep the servers fresh and attract new players consistently.. this was an issue on nagafen and other servers as there was a limited group of people who could hold down the contested raid zones and then everyone went neutral alliance so as to have more option to kill both bad/good and obtain better titles etc. from the zerg.. each has its own experience.. ill be on board regardless, thanks for doing your best as this has been mostly a dream and hearsay when I said it was coming back.. good on ya.

Pheer/Boms/Hurst/Skeletor/Priestitute/Meatshield
    michael baker and Siren like this.
  18. Xiao Member

It's the most hardcore server eq2 has ever had
  19. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

False
    line110 likes this.
  20. Xiao Member

you left out your refutation