Nagafen PvP Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Restrained New Member

Would be a great “offset” for a server wipe/restart if everyone got a max lvl crafter bauble for 50/60/70 with every new toon
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

They don't want anyone crafting though, that's the point of the glacial pace of crafting XP.

They don't want anyone killing mobs, either, which is why XP is so slow that it takes 3 hours of grinding orange heroics to level from L11 to L12, even doing every available dungeon quest as many times as humanly possible along the way.

I don't think they realize how bored people will get of vendor NPC armor, though, and how bored they'll get when they never have any reason to travel across the landscapes to harvest or adventure.
  3. Freddie_Mercury Member

wow... Cant wait for there to be ZERO tradeskillers and for everyone to be running out in Vendor gear and Ap1's... and paying 14 hours worth of grinding for 1 or 2 see invis/stealth totems or 1 expert that the one crafter bot is charging... not that there will even be crafter bots since they will lose all their plat every couple of months...

mmm APP'd out Vendor trash PVP... sounds fun!
    Siren likes this.
  4. Freddie_Mercury Member

What a fail concept... nobody thought this through AT ALL...
    Siren likes this.
  5. line110 New Member

What is offered here is nothing more than a cheap battley royal copy which has already destroyed h1z1. EQ2 is not a pure pvp game and will never be. The game lives from the content it has to offer. This content has to be combined with pvp naghafen made so popular. fighting in open areas was good everyone wanted to get better armor to compete successfully pvp everyone had a connection to his character these are some of the points that made eq2 quite successful at the time. This cheap Battley copy can not really be the answer to what I think most of the old players ones wanted to have. Dumb ganking on bells and no pvp in free zones because there is no reason to move in these.
    A long term server would be a great option and no 3 month long money rip-off action.
    Siren and Arkaynon like this.
  6. line110 New Member

have never played on the old naghafen server otherwise you would know it better
    Nnightmare, Siren and Arkaynon like this.
  7. mercenery Member

I work 40 hours a week, play in a band, have a wife and family. Often I don't have the time to get ingame and play for weeks at a time. I'm happy to pay a monthly subscription, but not if you are gonna wipe my toon (that might only be lvl 20 after 3 months!) every 3 months
  8. Nnightmare New Member

damn....To call this creation Nagafen is just sad. The beta SUCKS for pvp nothing but a open world gang **** from all sides. I remember playing as a exile had a warlock in Onyx as a Exile and ran in countering raid partys. You have missed the mark 100% the fun and joy of pvp will not live here it WILL die fast. I played PvP from waaaaaay back when The very first server was launched and even that was better then this. I remember 100v100 fights at the city gates in EPIC waves! waiting in the shadows for a solo or group to cruze by while questing and crushing them! Take PvP back to it's roots do not let factions group up or talk with each other and let us go. I would be happy to pay for that again but I will not pay for this. -Nnightmare from the OG Nagafen I even played on VOX! This was once the very best mmorpg ever and the best pvp I ever had. The only mistake I made was not crying about all the nerfs and cry baby bull crap that killed this game. I started a thred here about pvp and was told I was a cry baby and it would never return guess that real EQ2 style pvp is dead. I am not the young man I was when I first started playing EQ have a family we have a small farm and Life just gets busy. It will not be possible for me to play how you have set this up anyways.
    mercenery, Busko and Siren like this.
  9. Jeremyah New Member

Most definitely in the minority here, in fact the only poster I have seen in support of char wipes. This is just completely false and a very narrow minded viewpoint that would only makes sense from someone who is either willing or able to put in the time to grind to the top every 3 months to get some kind of an advantage each season.

Literally everyone else, the majority of the server, does not want their MMORPG PVP server to feel like a sprint race that you have to restart every 3 months and to boot its longer every season. That just means they will be further and further behind every season, and there will be a good chance they will never even reach max level, let alone feel like they've accomplished even a little bit of the content that this amazing MMORPG has to offer.

Turning this into a Battleground, fortnite, apex, whatever crap clone you want to reference, is a terrible idea for a VASTLY DIFFERENT and VASTLY CONTENT RICH MMORPG like EQ2.

What made PVP fun and meaningful, was the direct connection between PVE and PVP on the old servers. The desire for better gear, spells, tradeskilling all fed wonderfully into a system of PVP. Without that synergy between those, this is just going to be a massive waste of time.

Why waste all of this wonderful MMORPG content and distill this game down to a crappy BG? We all know what happened to Nagafen when they introduced Battlegrounds as an ADDED element. What do you think is going to happen when the entire sever is turned into a short term Battleground?

For those of you who say, "well I guess this HARDCORE server isnt for you then, go back to blue....blah blah blah"

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't solve the issue one bit, you will still be left with a ghost town server, how is that a good thing for anyone?
    Siren likes this.
  10. butler New Member

If the devs can find a way to wipe adventurer XP but keep tradeskill XP then I would be ok with it. If you wipe tradeskill XP no one will craft and therefore no MC gear, experts, food and drink, etc. That's a deal breaker for me. I will sub up for the first season but if my crafter gets wiped, i'm done.
  11. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Ok well first of all you're just assuming that this server is going to be hardcore when there is zero indication of that. Deathtoll had 2 "hardcore" guilds for a couple months. How you're going to compare that to multiple guilds contesting each other at the prime of this games life. The mobs were more difficult, the gear was better and people were waking up at odd hours of the night just to attempt to pull/block contested mobs. I assume you think this server will be more "hardcore" because of the new incentive to PvP but that isn't where the hardcore aspect of this game lies.
    Trasor and Siren like this.
  12. Freddie_Mercury Member

Exactly this.

I have not crafted higher than level 50 i think... maybe back in 2006 I think that was when I had that... I friggen HAAAAAAAATE crafting... but I certainly realize the massive importance of crafters to the population and economy... Keep that Tradeskill level alive through server wipes and we may have ourselves a nice little server going here for a long time to come
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I clearly identified that I had changed your post, however, I did neglect to highlight the change within the actual text, so, my apologies to all for that.

It does amuse me when people equate hard core pvp with gank-festing and ability to acquire superior health, mitigation, resists, and dps vis a vis gear harvesting.

Nothing wrong with that if you like it, just not for me. I want a red server, but one that prioritizes skill over unevenly matched pvp encounters. I'm not mad about it, just disappointed.

Enjoy your 90 days of fun (if it even lasts that long).

Edit: It is, of course, possible that the devs will tune down heroic and raid mobs so that large differences in character power are better constrained. If that happens people like me will be happy. However, I also expect something like that will tick-off people who enjoy winning that way.
  14. Arkaynon New Member

I have to agree with Jeremyah. All the above statements are true. Nobody wants characters wipes. Yes it will make tradeskills redundant and no one will do it. No one will bother making expert spells or food or gear and so on.

I'm completely ok with one character per account, heck they could even do it that every season you play the following season you "can" make a second character as a loyalty incentive and so on.

It wouldn't be hard to make Nagafen a full time server again with seasonal pvp stats, as I have said in the beta reviews.

Another thing I'm on the fence about would be the top player not players being given titles and so on. Let's all face it you'll have to run a scout to be the top and I am calling it, it will be a scout guaranteed. Why not make it the top of each classes. Heck you could even do the best of Scouts, Mages and Priests. Because not everyone wants to play a Sin, Brigand, Swashy, Necro, SK or Paly. Some people actually don't mind a challenge and like playing the underdog classes. Like a Templar, Inquisitor maybe even a Defiler or Mystic or a Berserker or even a Guardian and so on. What they are promoting is for everyone to play the OP and or safe classes.

No offense to anyone who enjoys the classes above, it's just examples and I'm just trying to get my point across.
    Trasor, Durzo, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jeremyah New Member

Unique titles for each class is a fantastic idea. That would be a very good implementation indeed. That way there is still only one title of each in the game. Incentive for players to play all classes, regardless of what is meta OP? YES PLEASE! This would be great for server diversity!

I would also suggest maybe rethinking the titles being solely based on total kills. To prevent mindless zerging and leeching for just total kill count, what about a system that takes into account total kills, KDA, and how the kills were earned?

I would like to see the new PVP titles based on individual skill, being that you would get and wear the title individually.

Seems logical no? Especially since every class would have its own title, no one can argue that because some classes are bad at soloing this would not work. When you are only competing against other people of your class the playing field is truly even.

This would mean solo/duo/small group kills would be weighted FAR heavier in the calculation vs kills in a full group or raid, exactly like fame currently works. The only difference being, you don't lose any points when you die like fame currently works. No one likes the idea of losing points or exp when you die.

Honestly, the current fame system could be removed entirely and replaced by what I proposed in the background. You could even keep it as total infamy or fame depending on the side and have that number determine the title winner of each season.

I feel like the current fame system never really did much for PVP on old Nagafen, except perhaps cause players to avoid PVP and protect titles unless they were in full stacked groups. Why not have a fame system that actually encourages all PVP, and also plays towards earning that class specific title for every class?

Overall, I feel like this system would be an easy inclusion since the code is already written for a system just like this. This would also perhaps alleviate some of the devolution of PVP into a constant battle of who can simply bring more to the fight.
    Durzo likes this.
  16. Busko Glads

Your feedback was truly invaluable. WTF ?

They didnt listen to any thing we said or asked for what planet are they on.

Proves nothing more than a cash grab to me aimed at the 7-15yr battle royal kids.

I am well pissed off i wanted them to listen this time and make the PvP server the players wanted not what the bank wanted.

i would pay double membership if they made PvP server and made with all the stuff we said we wanted i really would if its about the money then make some thing worth paying for because this is BS im sorry BD but it is and this is your player base saying this.

EQ2 is not even advertised anywhere apart from twitter and all you got is old players and them old players you want back dont want this so i would love to know where you get your feedback from.
  17. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

I dont see it working beyond season 1, maybe season 2 with the character whipes. I just dont see Everquest 2 as a Battle Royal. It just doesnt work in my head, no matter how i look at it.
    Durzo and Siren like this.
  18. Shanyn Member

I like the seasons idea, but I think it would be fun to have a persistent server where each expansion equals one season, and your character continues on through each of them. We all know that with each expansion, a different class always seemed to be the most OP, so this way most classes (not gonna say all!) would have their day. If the leaders of the season were announced and the leaderboards were wiped at the end of each one month expansion season, it would give everyone a clean pvp slate.

I am not keen on the factionless pvp thing - I mean, I like having more people to kill sure, but I always had the most fun in pvp having to make the trek across the dangerous world to hunt down the opposite faction, and getting interrupted harvesting or questing by sudden open world pvp. PVP added a level of danger to the game that just isn't there in the pve game alone, and that was the draw for me. I did not like on the beta when my own faction was hunting me in our own newb areas - man, I could have been the person who was going to be your awesome healer out there but since you griefed me over and over at the res tent with revive sickness? I don't think so. I think factionless breeds gankers, and doesn't promote team pvp. I don't have a lot of people I know playing at the same time as I am, and it is tough to make friends and form a solid team in that environment.
    mercenery, MissGreen and Siren like this.
  19. Trasor Active Member

Had a blast on Beta and am looking forward to live!

However, the fact that we had the Beta Buff was pretty key. If I think about how much time I will have, maybe a few hours during the work week and some more on the weekend, I am not sure I could get to level 50 in a month the way they had XP set up - got to level 25 before the buff as a Templar.

Is the intention for us to be able to get through the raid content/get prismatics/etc?

I am fine with the server wipes as long as the XP gain is seriously rapid, but it also makes us miss on some of the content at each level. Frankly, I don't see how you could make it a grind and lose your hard work after said grind so soon. Maybe 2 months per expansion based on what we saw in Beta?

Unrelated: can someone tell me how AA was released by expac? Can't remember how many points I got in which tree and when.
  20. Mollusc New Member

Dear developers!
    Please take into account my message.
    Im an old EQ2 PvP player asking you to not to make free-for-all rules in no case.
    PvP in EQ is a balance between PvE and PvP rules, where players can also focus on exploring the world, but have a greater share of risk than on PvE server.
    To keep this balance you need to make a faction war as it was always. If a person wants to fight with all at once, give him the opportunity and come up with a separate faction, such as "outcasts", where people will also be able to unite, but at the same time to fight with all at once and with each other too. Thus, you will satisfy the requests of each and everyone at once.
    If a player wanted the rules free-for-all I think he would have gone to play other games and genres that specialize in this. But EQ is an MMO game where the main component is its world. Please do not make the PvP server chaos, which is doomed to close in a few months due to low population.
    mercenery, Siren and MissGreen like this.