My Fish Aquarium!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-LadyVader, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-brownbearclan Guest

Vinh@Unrest wrote:
    Whoa, what are those cool hanging lantern thingies called!?
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

brownbearclan wrote:
    Are you talking about the hanging lanterns? Blue, Yellow, red and purple? The Blue, Yellow and purple ones were only able to be crafted during the Frostfell event (you may be able to find some on the broker still). The red ones are Carpenter made now and hang a bit lower then the FF ones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gzelle Guest

Idea shamelessly stolen from Jazabelle's post...
    [IMG]
    Now for some carpet and pictures...
  4. ARCHIVED-Roseyshawn Guest

Here's my take on an aquarium:
    [IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

I've tried multiple aquariums, and so far, here are the two I like the best:

(The following images are thumbnails. Feel free to click on them for a larger image)

The aquarium that Gzelle borrowed ideas from, which is housed at 2 Bayle Court, South Qeynos, Antonia Bayle server, under Sumac (The Shadow Guard guild hall):

[IMG]

And one that's in Kazz's house at 1 Integrity Road, North Freeport, also on Antonia Bayle server.

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

I love the aquariums made from sandlewood platforms and adamantine pillars. Those are magnificent. If the house item limit gets raised, the Spider will definitely be getting one. Simply gorgeous.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dubyasdad Guest

well im smileygirl from runneye sever and i did a fish tank bar. im very proud of it and hope i get some good reviews on it.
    well i had to link couldnt figure out how to get it to load on here it just keeped putting up a red x
    and im trying to upload from photobucket if anyone could me with the insert url, cause i tried all of them and they didnt work
    well if you would like to see in person im at number 4 sq by the mage tower.
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

I liked the sandalwood platform and adamantine pillars set up too, it took me a while to come up with the idea. After I had it up for a while and didn't see anyone else posting the same idea I figured it'd be a good idea to share (burried on page 5 now).
    What I see a lot of that I didn't really like are the mystical mirrors used for the water effect since it flows downward. Sure water flows down but not in a contained fishtank. And placed in front I think it obscures what you're looking at a bit much. I still haven't seen anyone else using nor commenting on the bath's that I used for the their rippling water effect. It's really hard to portray the rippling effect in the still picture I previously posted but please do feel free to stop by and check it out (Butcherblock Server, South Qeynos, 5 Erollisi Lane, under the name of Teircen). I think it creates a much more striking effect for the water.
    Although the carpeting in the tanks top isn't perfect at least it matched the watery tones of blue and green and I like how it conceals being able to see up into the blank bottoms of the sandalwood platforms. I think I still want to add a few more items in my fishtank's floor but I'm trying to think up a few more unique ideas that I think work really well before I add much more to it. (that and space is always at a premium any more) :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Jazabelle Guest

Teircen wrote:
    Aye, I saw your fishtank shortly after setting up my own. I'm not too happy with the mystical mirrors either, but it was the best I could come up with. I tried looking up the bath that you mentioned, but couldn't find any information on it. And I'm out of character slots, so I'm afraid I can't come visit... would you mind letting an inquiring and very eager audience know how you got said bath(s)? If I can obtain one for myself, I'm sure I'll probably steal ideas from you as fast as you get them.

Also as to the mystical mirrors -- if you actually turn your settings down a bit, the water has less of a cascading down effect, and more of a plain rippling water effect. I didn't bother to turn it down for my screenshots, but I probably should have.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dubyasdad Guest

well in my fish tank bar i used the bath reward from the claymore line and then a mirror in front of it and i kinda like it.
    Here is the tank i just finshed for a friend , my friend narc came in and helped me cover the inbetween withthe chairs.
    Hope it spawns more ideas.
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Jazabelle wrote:
    The bath I used is Mavaerick's Bath from the Claymore quest line (13th quest in the line, Egg Hunt in the Nest). I used 2 actually and the pillar in the back hides the joining point of the two. It's a nice large half bath, the kind that sticks out of the wall, doesn't have the boiling water effect of the crafted moonstone ones, and can be turned sidewise so you see the water as a backdrop.
  12. ARCHIVED-Obeshe Guest

Smileygirl, what is that UI that you are using?
  13. ARCHIVED-Dubyasdad Guest

14. ARCHIVED-rexkwondo Guest

Just finished mine today. I borrowed some ideas from others, so thanks to all of you.
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-Indy_Mouse_9 Guest

Rexkwondo, what is that scrollish thing that lies on the right side in your tank?
    I don't really recognise it and it looks nifty!
  16. ARCHIVED-Effive Guest

The scroll is the Master certificate from the Tradeskill Epic questline.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zindicatt Guest

Better be late than never :) Here is mine:
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-LadyVader Guest

Wow! These tanks just keep getting better and better, and bigger! I love them all, being a RL fish tank enthusiast, great work all!
  19. ARCHIVED-Stetson7 Guest

ok how do you keep your pet eye stalker from wandering off. I keep putting him in and he keeps walking out.
  20. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Stetson7 wrote:
    There's a plushie stalker you can get from a collection reward I believe. Can't remember for certain though.