My Fish Aquarium!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-LadyVader, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Your aquarium looks great, Jeks! About your fish wanting to hide behind the mirror, I imagine that's because he's on the wall. To get him in front of the mirror, place some other piece of furniture a bit out from the wall, place the fish on that, then remove that piece of furniture. Now you can slip the mirror behind the fish. (Of course, this may require taking the whole thing apart, so you might prefer to let your fish hang out behind the mirror!)

P.S. You never know how the pieces might go together, though. I didn't add the Leviathan painting until I had most of my aquarium together. That was when I thought of it, and it just slipped right behind the mirror with no problem. Other times, tho, I've had to start all over to add or move something...
  2. ARCHIVED-Morganna3 Guest

I just moved into 4 Bayle Court last week and was so excited when I ran across this thread. The aquarium is a fabulous idea!
    Here's mine:
    [IMG]
    I used a frostfell snowdrift to simulate bubbles and ironwood floor lamps for lighting.
    Thanks so much for the great idea!
  3. ARCHIVED-Jekel Guest

Morganna...

That's a GREAT idea with the snowdrift and the in-tank lighting - looks fantastic!! I am 100% sure I am going to have to give that a try myself now!!!

Happy Frostfell!!!

xo,
    Jeks
  4. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Oooooohhhhh....very nice, Morganna! I love the bubbles and lighting! I'm going to have to add some lighting, I think.

This is so much fun, seeing everyone's ideas, kinda like fireplaces back in the day when we had no prefab ones so we came up with all the creative ideas to make them. I'm thinking aquariums could really take off, and I'm waiting to see a wall of aquariums embedded in Oggokian chairs and tables!

BTW, I just ran over to see Donnie at the local pet shop in SQ, to let him know that aquarium fish are the newest rage in Qeynos and to ask him to start carrying a few varieties. He said he'd pass it on to the folks who supply him with his pet stock, so I'm hoping they'll realize what a hot market this is and hop on it. (Maybe the fish could even have little bubbles coming out of their mouths!)
  5. ARCHIVED-LadyVader Guest

I've seen some wonderful new additions on the Norrathian Homeshow threads of new fish tank designs, but they're not getting posted here. Please post those pics on this consolidated thread as well, so other people will be able pull their own ideas from everyone's designs. We want to show the devs we need more fish for our beautiful tanks!
  6. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Since everyone's doing the rectangular fish tanks I thought I would try something a bit different.

[IMG]

It's kinda neat cuz you can actually see a water level line at the top. I'll have to remember to get a better shot of the inside if I can and to post a list of items I used. ATM, I've been up all night buggering around with those bloody adamantine pools and my brain is too mushy to remember. lol
  7. ARCHIVED-Morganna3 Guest

Posting this here now that I finally found the thread again. I love all of the new ideas
    I decided that my alts in Neriak needed an aquarium so I experimented at another alt's house in SQ. I'm still tweeking but this one seemed to work out.
    [IMG]
    A closer view:
    [IMG]
    Something I noticed while playing around with the tank, if you put snowglobes behind the mystical mirror the globe itself disappears and leaves you with the base and the miniature inside. They make perfect fish tank accessories. Here's a closeup:
    [IMG]
    I hope this sparks some more ideas!
  8. ARCHIVED-Morganna3 Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Oh, what a neat idea. Very creative.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Adding a few photos of my large tank to this thread. Aquarium is located at Cherryann's house, 2 Bayle, SQ, The Bazaar. That is also the location of Galldora's garden. The rest of the place is undergoing renovation (and some rooms are simply blocked off because of item count.)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Silvarae Guest

Now that I got my links fixed,
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Indy_Mouse_9 Guest

Here's some of my restaurant style tank as well :)
    I'll try to remember to get a close-up shot to add too.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

THanks for adding in shots of the adamantine pools. I"ve been mulling over using them as well, but been too busy with my chessboard :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Silvarae, where does that stone counter come from? I saw one on the broker the other day, but it was priced at 120 plat .

Love the aquarium in the restaurant, Indy! It reminds me of one of my favorite RL restaurants.
  14. ARCHIVED-Indy_Mouse_9 Guest

Galldora wrote:
    Heehee! :D

The stone counter is a 30 or 40k (not sure which, I think 40k) faction reward from the Ironforge Exchange. They're quite cheap iirc, and they are tradeble, and no Lore. I think. They're tradeble at least :)

I'm a bit surprised that most people make their
    swim straight on, and don't make it dive up or down. I thought that made mine look a little less dead, hehe.

Also I was hoping to maybe find another fish in the Fens, since there's a fishing quest there at Omen's Call as well, but the quest lady doesn't remark on a rare fish and the quest fish-nodes are none-clickable after you completed the quest. I wanted to try the normal nodes but my fishing isn't high enough. I'll try soon though!
  15. ARCHIVED-Silvarae Guest

ish is correct they are a faction reward and no lore, the bottom of the counter is the stone planters.
  16. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Ah, thanks for the info. I don't have quite 30k faction with Ironforge, so if it takes 40k I'm a long way from those counters! I like things to look forward to, though. One of these days...
  17. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

OK, there's nothing exciting about my fish tank at all ,but I so enjoy having it regardless :)

[IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

Galldora, yours is easily my favorite so far. Very well done.
    What is that tiny little figure perched on the bottle, though? I can't quite make it out.
  19. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Thanks, Tock! The little figure is "Shorty's goblin doll." He is so small that, before I put him in the aquarium, he was pretty much lost in my house.
  20. ARCHIVED-neith Guest

I just wanted to take this moment to say, after a long night of perusing random houses as a visitor and being sorely disappointed with their upkeep and decorative quality, I am beyond amazed. My husband tells me stories about how he would create things like this (fish tanks, book shelves, what have you) way back in the Ultima days, and that he would stay up for days just looking at other people's houses. I'm trying so hard to make mine look appropriate to my character. Sofar, both my characters share a house with my husband's two characters and we have a room each (i went ahead and splurged on a Neriak 5-BR even though my main is only 35).

Anyways, I just wanted to say.. WOW. I can't wait until I get farther in the game and have more stuff to become more creative with.. especially in those fancy-as-hell Freeport mansion-style houses. Had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw how big those suckers were.. but I was sad at how the space in the ones I visited just seemed so.. poorly upkept.

I'm rambling. I'm just excited about all the things I can do with a place, and what new things I might be able to create. So many ideas rushing through my head, man I wish I was 80!

Great work on all these fishtanks! I hope I see more designs! Heck, even more objects created from other things!