My Fish Aquarium!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-LadyVader, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Do you have to be a newbie to do the fish questline on chirykori Island? Can higher level characters get it?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Higher level characters are also able to get it.
  3. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I don't know if this is going to come through on the image but I embedded a small tynonnium brazier under the table which gives off a blue light and colours the background paintings and tables with a blue cast.

[IMG]

2 Freedom Road, South Freeport on the Blackburrow server if you want to see it better. Ask for Sileki's house
  4. ARCHIVED-Adrinanna Guest

This is an aquarium I did for JasonX, 2 Freedom Road, South Freeport, Guk. It is visible through the archways from below too, however, I still have a bit of work to do on that side as soona s he frees up some room

[IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-Roseyshawn Guest

Here's another take on the aquarium. This one in in the Inn on the EFP docks, Lucan d'Lere server, look for Jandare.
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Sorasha Guest

Here's mine, in a Neriak home. I just love looking at all the fish tanks, they are just fabulous! /kudos to all!

[IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Obeshe Guest

I am seeing all of these wonderfully colored plants and flowers in these tanks like Sorasha's. Where do you get them, how would I find information on them??? These all look great!
  9. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Jolemai Guest

I have a harmonius bonzai plant that I wish to add to my fishtank, however I would like to hide the pot. Apparently you can "sink" items and that is what I would like to do here.

Do I need to mount it on something smaller, remove the mount and then build up the tank base, or is there another way? If one of you fine folk point point me to an appropriate thread or give me some hints, it would be much appreciated :)
  11. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Jolemai wrote:
    Start placing it like normal, then when you have it positioned where you think you want it, hold down ctrl and use the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse to move the tree on the vertical. For small increments hold down ctrl AND Alt at the same time while using the mouse wheel to move it on the vertical.

HTH
  12. ARCHIVED-Anthise Guest

This is my first attempt, but is turned out nice I think.
    [IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Barq Bandit Guest

Well, after studying all the wonderful aquariums here, and taking a long, in-person look at Galldora's fish tank on Bazaar, I created this beauty.

[IMG]

Ah, so relaxing...

[IMG]

This Di'Zok rug is such a good color match for the Nerian tables and counters that they practicly begged to be used together.

[IMG]

Here's how i did the solid blue background with no frames in the way. The paintings intersect (placed the outer two on temporary bookcases to angle them) right about where the whale's tail is. I flipped every other painting upside down for a nice pattern.

[IMG]

Seafury Buccaneer faction merchant ship's helm for that nautical touch. Same for the sea creature carving on the pillars. I went with the large sandstone pillars since I already used adamantine pillars in a new wine cellar down in the basement.

[IMG]

I took using the snowdrifts a step further and let them show at random heights by floating them up through the tables. I think of them as the gravel at the bottom of the aquarium. The ripple effect at the back and the particles floating about is quite hypnotic to watch. Almost like a real fishtank! :D

[IMG]

I noticed that the little toy goblin made noise now and then, so I used this silent Sarnak guy. He's so cute! For a little flare and to conceal the painting frames in the middle, I used a tunarian sculpture. It's a shame that you can't see the whole thing, but it works perfectly for this. Also make sure to put in three of the harmonious bonsai for that swaying effect. It's a great detail for any aquarium.

[IMG]

And thanks to two small tynnonium braziers tuck away behind two of the bonsai trees, the tank is nice and bright, no matter what the light level is in the room.

Big thanks to everyone who's submited pics and ideas. Especially big thanks to
    Galldora since mine's heavily based on hers, right down to the location within the house.

You will be able to find my fishtank, and the rest of the Eency Weency Spider tavern and gambling house at 4 Bayle Court under TheSpider. Formly under Brosha, the tavern is almost finished being moved and renovated. Come on by any Tuesday at 7PM CST for a night of roleplay and goofy laughs! We're guaranteed to amuse. : )

I'm off to hunt down those fishmen for that trident now! *waves*
  14. ARCHIVED-LadyVader Guest

Tock, it's gorgeous! It has to be my favorite now by far! Thanks so much for sharing!
  15. ARCHIVED-Lisabethy Guest

Upon request of my friend Melodeee, here is the fish tank I designed for her home --- thank you to all who shared their ideas as I borrowed a couple :)

[IMG]

And a little closer :

[IMG]

Last, the top portion, which I created a staircase leading down to the top of the tank and made a small sitting area to sit and read and listen to the gurgling water of the fishtank below :

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Devanita Guest

Tock, that fistank is gorgeous! The blue lighting, the backdrop, the "sand,"- it all worked together beautifully. I couldn't help but go visit, and I loved many other details of your home- the shapes of the bars are fantastic and I love how you used the redwood tables as ledges :) Well done!
  17. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

Great work Lisabethy! I loved the idea of being able to go on the upper part of the aquarium, being able to sit there and having a relaxing time. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-NiteWolfe Guest

I like to thank all of yall forthe inspiration here iam working on my house now!
    If yall like to check out the progress

4 Bayle SQ on permafrost Wolfe

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-stondgoat Guest

This is my fish tank, thanks to everyone for the ideas!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-Jehanne Guest

This customer wanted a really big tank but floorspace was limited. So I went up instead of out.
    [IMG]