Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! At least we have that option here; back on WoW (there was a time I was playing this game, WoW, and City of Heroes, all on WinXP with dial-up... :p), you'd come across an awesome-looking piece of gear (imho, way more often than here, though there is some nice stuff here as well) and have to give it up/vendor-trash/destroy it/hope you had enough inventory space once you outgrew it. :-/

Sigh... :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to, on the same account, same server, hand xp pots from one character who cannot use them, to a lower level character that can use them. I'm not taking most of my 110 adv 120 adv level characters past that level.

I have a significant number of xp pots those characters are never going to use. Being able to hand them to a lower level character on the same server, same account would be fantastic.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're completely No-Trade, not even Heirloom? How pointless is that? :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, no trade.
  5. SushiFruit Member

I think more market place packs that sell in game currency like the darkpaw pack is a great idea. billion dollar mobile games do this and its quite normal . may i suggest . selling daily offers of different currency , catch up packs and offers for new players. something for those who have not played the game for 20 years beyond levels and aa. and perhaps the ability to spend day break coins to advance a quest for those who cant find groups in a dwindling server pop . so a newer player does not have to sit there waiting months to find a random pug instead of playing they will just uninstall the game. but can advance instantly for 10 k db coins . the old 2003 model is outdated of waiting to advance the game based on a large population. eq2 should take a note from mobile games /
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just out of interest, did they actually implement any of these suggestions? Don't think devs go through this anymore.
  7. Smashey Well-Known Member

No.

But they did add a new 1 in 280 buff crate that gives you medallions that you cant use for anything and allowed you to buy 2 weeklies worth of fragments.

Oh and the new stands for houses, which are actually pretty cool.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Glowing metal rings, some new clocks, building blocks/tall/narrow dividers, etc. that glow in a color.

Or some new ones for Tinker Fest.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If I spend time getting a character up to 40 to 50th adventurer level, I would like a NPC I can go to, just like crafting, and drop back to level 9.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They were thinking seriously about doing adventuring like that, too, which is apparently why we have the various groupings like they do in Warhammer Fantasy: first choose from Fighter, Mage, Priest, or Scout from 1st to 9th; then, say, Warrior after Fighter from 10th to 19th; then either Guardian or Berserker (yay! :D) at 20th, finally. Apparently, folks got really impatient with that progression really quickly (is it that way in EQ1, or was this something they cooked up for EQ2 as an experiment? I didn't stick around long enough with EQ1 to really notice, but I don't remember it being like that?). :-/

As it is, I think if you wanted to drop back all the way back down again in that system, you'd still be stuck with, say, some type of Fighter to choose from. /shrug

Looking at the Wiki on Class, it apparently would've gone Archetype->Class->Subclass, aka how we all start out with these days from scratch.

Uwk
    who is of two minds about it; I'm as impatient as the next person (if not more ;->), but there are advantages and disadvantages to everything /nod
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I didn't notice in EQ after playing there for several years.

I meant to say, in case I figured out I didn't like that class, I could drop back and start again at 9th adv level.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if they'd done that system, you'd still be a Fighter, for example. Still, there's quite a lot to choose from there. :)

Uwk
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want to move a 58 Bruiser to something else, but still use Qeynos as a home city. I doubt I have enough loyalty tokens, etc. to do it though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, yeah, you'd need 100: 50 to Betray originally, then another 50 to Betray right back again. :-/

Too bad they're not Giftable (as far as I know?)... ;->

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll have to check in-game, are those betray tokens no-trade ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think? Not sure; been awhile since I've used one. :-/

Uwk
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They are heirloom. So it would be just on the one account. And I made a mistake, the character is 48 Bruiser, and I haven't played that character in over a year. So its likely a moot point. 68 loyalty tokens. And they are account wide so I can't move them around.

That would make an interesting Marketplace item, one time per token, move loyalty tokens between accounts. Can't be done again for ... hmmm a few months.