Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Would new character hairstyles be possible? Aside from those that came with "new" races, customization bits are one part of EQ2 that has never gotten much, if any, attention.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I fully agree. The color palette seems rather limited for hair colors.
    Kiara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And even when they're not (Humans seem to have a semi-decent range for hair color), rarely do you get what you anticipate when making a new toon. :-/

Uwk
    Kiara and Geroblue like this.
  4. Dgkelly38 Active Member

What i really wonder is how we players never got models matching Antonia, Lucan, Firiona, and the God Avatars from back when the deities returned to Norrath.
    Kiara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are some aspects of them (masks, staves, li'l plushie "action figures" of the gods) here and there, but not a lot, no. And no way to really help you look like one of them as a character creation option... ;->

Uwk
    Kiara and Geroblue like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Y'know, I can't help but think that if NCSoft had actually copied out their character creation bit from City of Heroes as a separate, 3rd-party add-on program and made it applicable for modern, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. type MMOs, they might not have gone bankrupt, despite their lousy customer service... .->

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Which of the Devs would everyone here want to revise Heritage Armor Sets; like the one for the High Elves?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Sheyn Member

I deign to say it: They don't care

Even had a Facebook thread go off in which, and I won't quote, but instead paraphrase: "Designers aren't cookie cutter" and they don't touch the concept of "internal market research".

I.e. They don't data mine anything, or don't want to admit that they do data mine, re: How many players use Ascension abilities ... and then (conjecture) when 4% of the population uses Ascension abilities, but 96% don't ... then maybe use that data to NOT push Ascension revamp

After General Discussion Forum Tab, the Housing Forum Tab has an equal amount of Comments. That says to me that Housing is super key to EQ2's Success. So maybe ... listen to housing players and cater to that "96%" of the player base.

The feeling I was left with is: They defend mediocrity.

And we support it with our continued paying. Oops, meant "playing"
  9. Sheyn Member

And will someone PLEASE move that floating tablet in the back of the Phyrexia (sp?) Solo Named in the Eastern Room of Antiquitas.

It's floating a good 3 feet off the ground.

As it was explained to me via Facebook, coding takes time and money. And something like this is beyond their scope of work.

I should think things like this be fixed prior to launch. Like nobody at ALL mentioned it to the Non Cookie Cutter Designer back in it's Beta?
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Blew New Member

Willing to buy on market place either a home or guild depot that would allow you to store heirloom potions to reduce bag space consumption and allow characters on account that would actually use them to be able to have a central location that does not consume multiple bags of bag space OR a destroy all heirloom /command as this is a poor quality of life decision for the players making the potions from cobalt crates and overseers heirloom and overfilling bank and bag space.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, I'd like a depot type for storing Heirloom house items, too, not to mention Appearance items that don't require DESTROYING them to get them out of our inventories. X-P

Maybe that could be a separate type of depot? You could have, say, a regular Potions Depot and an Heirloom Potions Depot, and you could just store regular Potions in the Heirloom Depot as well. Maybe they'd be pricier than the generic depots; maybe they'd have less capacity or something, but at least that would be another option.

On the other hand, how could the Heirloom Depot "tell" that someone reaching into it was an alt? :-/

Perhaps have the functionality of it be similar to the Shared Bank?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

That's the thing, people aren't asking for what would be a depot, they're asking for what would be a new type of shared bank, that would allow them to click 'deposit all' to dump all their specific type of item into it. It's not entirely unreasonable, but it's also entirely unlikely to happen outside of a paid system.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I suddenly, as in Wednesday, saw mention of a house item depot. How do I get one of those ? I currently use a dungeon for storage of such items.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Twyla Well-Known Member

Carpenters make them. There is the shelf which holds less and the actual depot (which is a very rare recipe drop from the daily crafting in Vetrovia). You can also purchase them for your guild hall in the amenities.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Sheyn Member

I've no qualms with cash stores / marketplaces, and would LOVE to have Previous Collector's Editions of Expansions available for purchase.

The beautiful Dhalgar's Retreat, that gorgeous all in one Crafting Table, and the like ... or if that'll mess up coding ,,, please code those rewards to be buyable in the Marketplace a la cart.

Also, for the love of every Norrathian God, even the bad ones ... make the Nebulous Newsies Backpack for Sale on Marketplace too :)

I can only imagine those things to be one-time-only-purchases, because they afforded "bragging rights" and made the person feel "special" and such ... but nobody cares about that these days
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! You mean, the "elitist attitude"? ;) May you be right... :)

Uwk
    who has, indeed, gotten some of these cool things, and sees absolutely no reason NOT to let others have them, too (well, okay, if they want the Appearance and maybe even the Slots of the Newsies backpack, just don't hand over the Status points; you gotta work for those ;->) :)
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, neither are available for now. No guild and the last time I took a adv level 120 in Vetrovia, character almost died and I left.
  18. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I had a lowly level 20 coercer that I used the tradeskill level boost on. It really wasn't all that difficult to get her through VoV by herself. It can be done if you stick close to the village for all your harvesting, and the last zone will have a consumable illusion you can use to get around the last zone without being attacked. However, the recipe is a random reward from the Daily (or was it weekly?) crafting quests that you get only after completing the Vetrovian Tradeskill Questline. iirc, I didn't get the recipe from that until right after buying it on the broker.

Shelf? I've been out of game for several months and don't recall a shelf. What is its searchable name?
  19. Twyla Well-Known Member

If you're on Skyfire, send me a note. I can make you one.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Twyla Well-Known Member

I looked for it by going to the workdesk and putting in 'furniture'. Be advised, both the shelf and the depot recipes are random drops from the VoV daily quest givers. The depot is very extremely rare. I did get the depot recipe from doing the overseer quests on three of my characters.