Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Lament Active Member

Still broken in the UK for this mornings download. Launchpad tried to retrieve 1245MB of data. Changed patch target to USclient; only 67MB's to download. Change back to EU client, further 7MB to repatch things that are obviously EU specific.

If I had left it; Launchpad was requesting 1.2GB of data... By swapping to US server to patch, then back to EU = 74MB
  2. Pooka New Member

Still getting 10+ GB download with Full.

Launcher Type: Full
    Current Game Directory: j:\eq2

LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (15)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4
    Installer: 1.0.3.183
  3. Playmea Melody New Member

I am still having a 12 gig download. The issue has not been fixed for me.
  4. thepriz New Member

I just wanted to follow up and say that I let it download the 14GB and it seems to work correctly now. I may at some point do a clean install to clean up any unused files at some point.

5. Muppethero Member

SO this has started again on my friends computer. I had him do the eq2.exe thing to avoid the download but that will only work tell a patch happens.
  6. Jaderah New Member

Tried to launch the game today and got a black background with a white window :"Updating Files for LaunchPad", it just sits there - not responding.
  7. Jaru New Member

Please excuse the sudden necro of this thread, but has this problem ever been fixed?
    Since the big update today I cannot bypass the launcher anymore to play the game, and it still asks me to re-download the entire game (14,384 MB). I'm letting the download go right now, hopefully this won't happen again after it is done.

Current Game Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended
    Shell: 5.2.5.22
  8. tunemein New Member

Same thing is happening to me. I just subscribed and kind of wish I hadn't. This isn't a minor issue and shouldn't be thrown into SOE's backlog of issues to be worked. You're wasting our bandwidth forcing us to re-download the game after each launch. What's the current status of this issue?

Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell: 5.2.5.22
  9. Othaodin Member

im downloading now for the first time, i really hope to lord i dont have this issue when im finished installing, ive been waiting for a day and a half to play...i will go rage mode if i cant play lol
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I may have to re-install as well to TRY to fix a Critical Memory Issue getting into Guild Halls and my own bloody house. I just hope it doesn't freak out after that and insist on re-downloading every time I want to play. I have a good relationship with my eq2.exe file for getting on to Test (since LaunchPad won't let me), perhaps--too good, but even that gacks if its files and the actual up-to-date files don't gibe...then I have to go through LaunchPad anyway, at least until I have the option to hit the Big Green Monster PLAY button. I personally haven't noticed any issues like this (and I feel for those that do), but I haven't had to ever re-install yet, either, and I don't Stream stuff. :-/

Uwk
  11. Darwa New Member

I just got a new PC and cloned my drive. I'd not had the problem until now, so I decided to reinstall and that hasn't helped.

Shell: 5.2.5.24
  12. Taishar New Member

I just redownloaded/installed the game (streaming installer) last night. I didn't run the game after it finished downloading. This morning when I attempted to log in to play, it is trying to redownload ~14GB of stuff.

Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
  13. Jjeorge Member

Having this issue now. 6 weeks later. Trying to go through the EverQuest2 icon in the directory gets the same result, too. On a side note, when I try to include everything in my info trying to get in that way, it tells me my login is incorrect. I can use everything except the World. If I include that, it gets mad.

Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.769 (18)
  14. Jjeorge Member

Decided to try to deal with it, then when I got in game, I went into options>streaming and unchecked the box that said background downloading. No more little dragon and it's working at normal speeds and everything.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. FieryArcher New Member

I have the same problem here.

I checked the "Background Downloading" (saying "When enabled, the client will download the rest of the game in the background. Wen not enabled, only necessary data is downloaded.") button on the Options->Streaming panel.

It started with about 16 GB remaining "Downloading Assets...". I left the game on and it finished in about half day, the downloading was complete. I checked my "EverQuest II" folder, the size was about 33 GB. After playing for a while, I exited the game normally and shut down the computer.

But every time when I log on to the game, it starts the "Downloading Assets..." of 16 GB again. It seems that this process will never end and it always start with some 16 GB remaining.

Anyone has any idea? Please!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This probably won't be helpful, but it's one of the many copious reasons I don't do streaming. :-/

It tried to, after I'd come back after a few months hiatus, and I truly loathed every minute of it until I found a way to shut it off. At least it hadn't done that to me. :-/

Uwk
  17. Cenen of Permafrost Member

This has happened to me a couple of times. The last time I did a little research. It seems very rarely the game or launchpad deletes the contents of the "paks" folder. If you check, it has a size of 14 GB. So if the launchpad is trying to download 14 GB then check your paks folder. If it's nearly empty, than that's your problem. On my computer it's located at C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\paks

If you have another computer with EQ2 installed you can copy the contents of that paks folder into your folder and then do a full file check. I have made a copy of my paks folder inside my EQ2 directory so in case this happens again, I'll have a ready backup.

Cenen of Permafrost
  18. Feys Member

I am now having this problem, so whatever was fixed isn't fully fixed.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...I feel thy pain, having had "fixes" that didn't. :-/

If the Official Fix doesn't, thank goodness there's the community to help us with workarounds. :)

Uwk