Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. thepriz New Member

I am having the same problems with downloading the whole 14GB game again. I play just about everyday and it just started doing this to me.

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): Streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4
    Installer Version: 1.0.3.183
  2. Lyrina Member

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): FULL
    Current Game Directory: E:\EQ2
  3. jakenn Member

how does one 'bypass the launcher' ?
  4. Sweetnessnlight New Member

You go into where the application is... so on mine there's an icon on my desktop. I right click that, click open location or it might be open location file. Then search through for the EQII icon that is labelled application and double click... launcher bypassed.

No word on WTH it want's us to download the entire game again?
  5. Vash New Member

It's been said before in this thread, but just to repeat it:

Open the eq2 folder (if you don't know where to find it, open the launchers setting, and click the "open file directory"). and find the file in the main folder called "EverQuest2.exe" and click that to open the game.
  6. jakenn Member

Thank you, both... gonna try that ~ wish me luck, though, cuz i m not a geek /handsout inprayer
  7. Urune New Member

1. go to the EQ2 directory in your computer.
    2. Find the file named 'Everquest2' *important : not 'EQ2', nor 'EQ II' but 'Everquest2' !
    (what does the icon look like : http://i.imgur.com/onzP1Z1.jpg )
    3. Double-click it and run it. Soon you will see small window that allow you to login as your characters.
    4. Play the game like nothing happend.

Note: this is temporary solution.
  8. jakenn Member

okay and just to prove how embarassingly dumb i am about all this stuff... cannot 'find' my eq2 directory in my computer. I do see that i have it downloaded a number of times... one for the launcher and another for that eq2map updater thing.
    When i click on all programs it only shows me "Everquest II" - when i click to find a file it begins to run the launcher. When i right click and check the 'properties' this is the one with the " \LaunchPad.exe" attached to it.
    I cannot seem to find a 'Everquest2' :(
  9. jakenn Member

this is my lappy and Windows7 ... i MISS my old 'my computer' icon /cry
  10. jakenn Member

Thank you I have finally found it ;)
  11. gargamelscat Active Member

Ditto, 14 meg download, waiting for it to finish seemed to work for my husband, so i'm waiting. What a PITA.

I suspect the "no valid assets" part IS the problem, something set that flag and now the game thinks its database is corrupt and has to redownload all th assets again. I'm getting filenames like "mistmoore" ( none of my toons have been near it in weeks ) and VC this and that (well, ya, voice chat has been flaky, when isn't it flaky?).

RE the person who asked, it's going into the paks folder. I imagine that's some kind of compressed info folder.

My own setup is streaming and I usually have no lag anymore.
  12. Slydog New Member

This is the second time I've seen this since I started playing in 2007. The last time it took about a day for SOE to figure it out. Hopefully they can go back and look at what they did then to fix it, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'll save a back-up of the entire EQ2 folder when the 14gb download is finished, just in case. This helped in the past when game files got corrupted for some reason.
  13. Chausta New Member

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): Full
    Current Game Directory: C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
  14. Playmea Melody New Member

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): Full
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (15)
  15. Mirianda New Member

I'm running Windows 8 if it makes any difference.

Launcher Type: Streaming (I think)
    Launchpad Version: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell Version: 5.4.5.1
    Installer:1.0.3.183

Thanks! (letting this finish while going around the launcher)
  16. Cina New Member

Same problem. Had a 14g download waiting for me. I tried to just let the download happen overnight, when I came back this morning the launcher had wigged out (Launcher window was all black, had to terminate process and re-boot) When I re-opened the launcher it wanted a 10g download this time.

Launcher Type: (not sure...so probably streaming?)
    Current Game Directory: Public > Sony Online Entertainment > Installed Games > EQII
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4.
    Installer: 1.0.3.183
  17. Sapryze Member

I completely deleted all eq2 files and started a fresh install, it tried to get me to change my password and then told me I didnt have an soe account. Sony gettin hacked again?
  18. Pooka New Member

Launcher Type: Full
    Current Game Directory: j:\eq2
  19. Sansaar New Member

Same Problem here.

Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory: E:\games\eq2streamclient
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (15)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4
    Installationsprogramm: 1.0.3.183
  20. Savaritus New Member

This issue came up for me yesterday, I bypassed the launcher then and went ahead and played. Today the issue is still present.

Like one of the users above, this issue was showing up the past few days...where I could close the launcher and reopen it and it would go away. Since yesterday though that is not the case...it is persistent.

Unfortunately live in a rural area and best broadband available is landbased wireless at 768kbps, and it has occasional latency issues :(.
    Launcher Type: Streaming
    Current Game Directory:C:\Games\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II ExtendedLaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4