Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Darkshadow New Member

Hi, I played today, and logged out 3 hours ago. Didnt shut down my computer, but now I just logged back into the patcher and now I have to download a 14g. Why? My wife start up her patcher at the same time and she isnt needing to download anything. Did I miss something somewhere?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

You did not delete anything correct? Also were you running the Streaming Client? If so and you turned on the "download entire game" option then it will just DL like a normal game... all 14-16GB of it.
  3. Darkshadow New Member

nope I downloaded the game yesterday all 17g of it or so, didnt delete anything. I just logged out after playing for awhile, then go to log in and now its on a 14g download, and I cant get ingame. didnt change anything since i logged in earlier or since logging out. well I might have turned on and off the alt toon skins.
  4. Darkshadow New Member

OK I just went in, checked the full download, then unchecked it and it let me right in. So Tonight when I go to bed I will check it and get it all. just so it doesnt bug out again.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Alright glad you found a fix.
  6. Sclerotia Member

It just did the same thing to me, where is that setting? It will not even let me into the configuration menu while it is downloading.

Ok, I x'ed the windows out and reloaded and it went right into the game with out trying to re-download it.
  7. Rathadin New Member

Well that solution did not work for me.

The game is convinced I need to download all 14 GB again, even though I have 14+ GB of .vob files in my assetcache folder in the EverQuest II folder.
  8. Kramko New Member

Exactly same problem for me. Last time I played was Saturday, tried to log in this morning and it started a 14gig download. I have tried checking and unchecking full game in the configuration menu and restarting the launcher -- same problem.

I only get 1mb/s download so this is going to take a while :/ -- any other fixes?
  9. Quince New Member

Just happened to me too. I logged out 9 hours ago and now it wants to download 14G. I can run EQ2 if I avoid the patcher, but come on, I shouldn't have to do that. BTW, if I validate the install, I'm told all is fine. It takes me about 10 hours to download, so I really don't want this to repeat for no reason.
  10. amberlia New Member

Same thing here, I definitely did not delete anything but it wants me to re-download.
  11. redshadow55555 New Member

i have to same problem now download again 14GB but intresting i checking EverQuest II\music\zones\_exp03 i see download new files
  12. Mopreme187 New Member

Me and my wife are having the same problem, tried the full download trick, and restarting many times and still wants us to download 14gb
  13. Kathara New Member

Yup, just tried everything listed and it simply won't stop asking to download well over 14gb. Guess I'll go do something else until they fix it because it would take over a day on my connection.
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

Same problem.

I last played last night - have done nothing to my installation.

I tried checking and unchecking the full download, but no change - it's downloading the full 14G.
  15. Galeric New Member

Same thing here, nothings changed, and i can not get around it either, its determined to do it.
  16. AaronV New Member

I am having the same problem. Played this morning for a few hours. Logged off. Came back a few hours later. 14 gig download! My everquest 2 directory is still there. Not sure what happened.
  17. olleran Active Member

Just had the same problem, had to bypass the launcher to get into the game
  18. Kwill New Member

This just happened to me when I was trying to two box -- I got in on the first account, second account wanted 14 gig download -- then first account did the same thing! I was able to get back in the game using the eq2 file -- really frustrating!
  19. Cronqar New Member

same here, logged out yesterday and today it wants me to download all 14gb again, no streaming option available, checking and unchecking "full game" and validated files (all 22k are there per check and visible as well under program files) but wants to download anyway.
  20. Bigflyer New Member

Same here. It'll take a day or so to download 14GB here. And my son's EQ2 wants to do the same, so that'll be about 3 days, and my month's bandwidth allowance...