Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. sirscottness New Member

the .exe isn't working for me it comes up with <verify>G\eq2\game\client\src\clientapp.cpp(3823)
  2. Corv Member

This started around 12:00 pm EST Jan 22 for me. What I'm not sure about is where these files are going. While the files are downloading I can see my hard drive space decreasing, so it's not simply replacing current files.
  3. ba5tard New Member

wtf are sony playing at ... how long has this problem gone on .... not a single message on their, various, websites/interfaces to let ppl know there is a problem. I'm about 25% through the download now and I'm seething at the complete disrespect that these jokers are paying to the ppl that pay their wages.
  4. ba5tard New Member

btw ... not a new member here ... been playing since the game started ... however seems like sony can't even handle member logins now ... just treat them as new users ... even with the same username .... kinda says it all :(
  5. Songwind Member

I was actually in online chat with a Support Rep with the result I am fully downloading the game again and he gave me the link to here to coma and check to see if the was anything new. That was about 2 hours ago. He had me try various things and I supplied the information they request in one of those posts. I have it install on 3 computers and 2 are wanting to fully download the whole game again, have not tried 3rd PC since it is not hooked up. Hoping they have an answer before I have to download the whole game to 2 computers and possible a third.
  6. Vaelenu New Member

I'm getting a 14GB download too, and it's ripping through my monthly allowance.

Launcher Type (Streaming/Full): I *think* I have the streaming version (How do I check this?)
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\SOE\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (14)
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4
    Installer Version: 1.0.3.183
  7. Fandi New Member

I run full, and I am getting this issue.
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4
    Installer: 1.0.3.183
  8. Therendil Member

My wife hit this today. I'm not seeing it on my system. Here's the LaunchPad detail for hers:
    LaunchPad 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell 5.5.1.4
    Installer 1.0.8.183
    Client type: Full Asset
    Path: C:\Program Files\Sony Onlime Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II

Mine is the same except the LP version is 4.0.0.719(15)
    I have no idea why I have a slightly different version. My system is win7 64 bit, hers is XP 32-bit.
    My game is installed to C:\Games\SOE\EverQuest II

My wife also mentioned that she had been having this problem for a while, but that she had always been able work around it by closing the LaunchPad and restarting it. Today however the workaround didn't work any more.

And now I know why so many people are "New Members". Whoever set up this glitzy new forum trashed a lot of user data. I've posted hundreds of time over several years, but I had to sign up again to post today. And I know they trashed my user data because I signed up under the same name I had before. Good job!

-= Therendil =-
  9. Therendil Member

Update... I stopped the 'installation' and ran Validate Game Assets. It decided that about 600 files needed updating and is now about halfway through a 1.2GB patch. Not fun, but less than 10% of a complete re-installation.

-= Therendil =-
  10. Urune New Member

Same issue...
    Now downloading 1,000ish files..

Launcher Type: Streaming
    XP 32-bit
    current directory : F:\EQ2
  11. ba5tard New Member

Thanks for the info Therendil ... tried that after reading your post ... no luck I'm afraid.

Validated files and found enough to still want to download 9 GB of data (approx what was left when I discontinued the previous attempt)

Guess I will go to bed (06:00 here in the UK) and let it run out :(

Good luck all and .... nice job Sony :(
  12. Kathara New Member

Launcher Type: Streaming (I think)
    Game Directory: E:\Sony
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (15)

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon
  13. Mins New Member

Launcher Type: Streaming
  14. Skroink New Member

Just a quick question as to why when ever i try to run EQ2 it says there are no valid game assets, and then force quits itself, anyone have a solution?
  15. Skroink New Member

Just a quick question as to why when ever i try to run EQ2 it says there are no valid game assets, and then force quits itself, anyone have a solution?
  16. Adama New Member

same issue here, it appeared overnight :(

yesterday everything ran well

SOE help please
  17. Bigflyer New Member

Here are my details:

Streaming launcher (I think)
    Game directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (15)

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit (Also happens on Windows 8 64 bit)
  18. Stellarre New Member

Hi there! Yep, glad I found this thread... I'm afraid I have the exact same issue. It blipped yesterday when I booted up launchpad and started to act like it had to do a massive update, then when I closed it and restarted it, it logged me in straightaway. Today, no such luck. I'm stuck with downloading everything apparently. When I checked with my boyfriend who has a separate account and computer in a separate dwelling, he verified that he also had the same issue as of today.

Here's my info...

STREAMING launcher, but I'm currently trying to download full version (hope that's not gonna complicate things)

Really hope this gets fixed soon :( Thanks in advance!
  19. Fousseni New Member

Same issue here please fix this SoE. Thanks in advance
  20. Vash New Member

Count me as yet ANOTHER person getting this same problem.
    It happened briefly a couple days ago, I opened the launcher, it wanted to completely reinstall, I closed it and re-opened and it worked fine for a couple days.
    Now tonight I have tried running it dozens of times, tried logging out/in, tried restarting PC, tried switching between streaming/full download & back again, tried cleaning out PC's temp folder, tried "run as admin", and had it validate assets several times. Nothing has helped.
    (Playing through the "exe" file is a very temporary workaround at best, as soon as the next update or event we will need to run the launcher)

I just had to do a complete reinstall due to a different glitch a few months ago, it was a pain in the butt, and I am NOT doing that again. I have(and the rest of the customers getting this glitch surely have as well) spent a lot of money on this product, we are paying customers here, it's not unreasonable for us to expect better customer service then one "we're working on it" post in the several days that so many people have been dealing with this.

Launcher Type: streaming
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (18)