Logged back in and now I have a 14g download Why

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkshadow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Chronus Active Member

Happened to me after going ld along with about half of Splitpaw yesterday. Bypassed via game directory run but just to add.

LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (14)
    Shell: 5.1.5.4
    Installer: 1.0.3.183

Streaming and current game directory is:
    Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest II
  2. Elizabeth N New Member

I'm new to this so hope I get this message across okay. I have experienced similar issues to those mentioned - I was instructed to scan my files, then delete several files - one of them being a cache file. After deletion it took over 8 hrs to download this file again (16 gig). Everything was fine for a week, then today when I tried to log into the game it wanted to download the whole file again. I issued a ticket to sony, who have not had the decency to reply to yet! My problem is this - I cannot now download this whole file again because I have used all my download time with my internet server for this month. Has anyone else had this problem and what did they do to fix it. Thanks
  3. Merker Member

It appears that the 3 folders where these files are going are as follows:

/Launchpad.libs
    /paks
    /music

Only 2 files outside these 3 folders are updated and these are:

/.DownloadInfo.txt
    /Uninstaller.soe

For inquiring minds this has grown my EQ2 folder to 31GB
  4. Merker Member

Nothing in the Assets Cache was touched during this download so please don't delete your asset cache to try to resolve this problem. The Assets Cache is not the problem. Here is a bit of info from my ".DownloadInfo.txt" file which is quite interesting. The ".DownloadInfo.txt" is the log info create during the download. It is generated by the launcher. I found this all throughout the file (this is just a very small portion of the file, but it is riddled with info like this)...

**** Starting at Thu Jan 05 10:14:34 2012 with plug-in 1.0.3.159 ****
    133c-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
    133c-00:00:02:Found 3 file(s) to update.
    1174-00:00:02:patching EverQuest2.exe
    0488-00:00:02:patching manifest
    0488-00:00:06:patching SequenceSound.dll
    Finished downloading 962,282 bytes in 5.396 seconds (178,332 bytes per second)
    Saved 10,830,692 bytes with delta patches
    133c-00:00:08:Beginning asset preload...
    13bc-00:00:12:Asset preload complete

Although it says that it is patching EverQuest2.exe, manifest and SequenceSound.dll, not a single one of these files were modified
  5. Merker Member

Thos smiley faces above are supposed to be the letter "P", ughhh!
  6. BettyBoop Member

Same M.O. as everyone else - played just fine all day yesterday, logged out for the night, and now it's telling me I need to download 14,744 MB. When I initially clicked the icon to launch the game, I got an error message, but unfortunately I didn't think anything of it, clicked the x to close the window and relaunched. Then I got another error after entering my ID and password. A smaller window appeared at said: "ERROR! There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes" I clicked the green "CLOSE" button, exited out of the launcher, and then started the game again as usual by clicking the desktop icon. I got the same ERROR message as before but this time I clicked the "RETRY" button on the launchpad window and it started downloading the 14+ GB of files.

As a side note, I'm just allowing it to run the download in the hopes that the "You may need to re-run the patcher in order to view this item" error message on a handful of house item decorations will be fixed (like the ornate freeport bookcase).
  7. GoldenEyes73 New Member

Launcher Type : Full
    Current Game Directory: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    LaunchPad Version: 4.0.0.719 (18)
    Shell Version: 5.1.5.4
    Installer Version: 1.0.3.183
  8. Kathara New Member

Just an update, in another thread it was suggested to download the full client installer, then repair the installation. I did these steps but it has not resolved the issue. I still face a 14gb download, unless I use the previously discussed work around. All other details of the launcher that I posted before remain the same except I am now on the full launcher as I no longer have a check box to turn on and off full download. Even my patcher version is the same.

I stopped the launcher as it begain it's 14 gb download and restarted it just to see if it would stop its silliness and this error came up
    *Error: Unable to download HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 64.37.129.51) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/manifest/eq2/eq2-eu/live/eq2-eu-en-full.sha.soe

Not sure if that helps or not.

Please fix this issue before a new patch is released.
  9. Merker Member

Also I noticed that the launcher states "...Replacing eq2_default.ini" and "LaunchPad.ini" and neither of those were actually replaced either.

???
  10. edgullison New Member

Copyright 2009-2012 Sony Online Entertainment.
    All rights reserved.
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (18)

4hrs and only half way there
  11. LumimyrskyDawn New Member

Having this issue on all three of my computers. :eek:
  12. BettyBoop Member

Why can't you edit your own messages in these forums beyond an unrealistically short period of time? :mad: That's ridiculous...

Anyway, as an update:
    Re-running the 14+ GB file download STILL did not fix the inability to view certain furniture items in the dressing room. Still getting "You may need to re-patch in order to preview this item" :rolleyes:
  13. Yvonnell New Member

Installed by Full, then set to streaming currently
    Dir: D:\Games\Everquest II
    LaunchPad: 4.0.0.719 (15)
  14. TSR-SeanF Member

Thank you all for providing us with the information we have on this thread. I wanted to let you know that we are still actively working on getting this issue resolved and that the information you have provided has assisted us greatly with pinning down the cause. We still have no ETA, but we are certainly getting closer. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

Since I see identical versions to me being reported as having a problem and I have had no issue I thought I would add mine in.

Full Install
    LaunchPad - 4.0.0.719 (15)
    Shell - 5.1.5.4
    Installer - 1.0.3.183
    Dir I:\EQII
    Directory permissions are set to full access to everyone

This looks like it could be a permissions issue. It may also be some component in the asset validation that doesn't understand long file names, though I can't imagine how anything could be in use that outdated.

The Delta patching process is really awesome, a lot of these people were not around before when a very small change or a missed patch or two could have you delayed for a very, very long time ESPECIALLY at 56K or slower connection sppeds :D
  16. Luceus Member

Could someone update this thread when they fix it? I actually just re-installed windows yesterday and don't feel like installing the game until this bug is fixed. I copied all my old files to my C drive but when I tried to backdoor in, it was still missing a .dll which I assume had to be patched in before I could do it. Needless to say, I'm stuck w/o EQ2 until this is fixed.
  17. Drukissa New Member

I was able to bypass launcher altogether and play the game by doing the following :
    open launcher like normal, click advanced settings (button on bottome left that looks like 2 crossed hammers), open file directory, find the blue everquest 2 icon, right click, run as administrator....all done, close launcher and play your game. hope this helps!
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Resident tech wandered in and said Oh, Turn off Kaspersky Anti-banner and you'll get in fine. It worked. Still on K2012. Resident tech had problems with K2013 so I didn't install on my system.

Hope this works for some folks.
  19. Songwind Member

I wonder if this is happening on all servers or does the server that updates files and the game is seperate from the player servers? I am on GUK. I would think SOE would know which files they updated early Tuesday and that would help lead them to a fix, of course the bad file maybe from a previous update and a file from Tuesday's update maybe pointing to it. Not to pick on the people who are working hard on this problem but it is looking like by the time this is fixed everybody will have download the full thing again except for a few who have slow connections.
  20. Luceus Member

Does downloading the entire update actually work? I read people crashing out after the update.