Legends of Norrath Closure Notification

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Exactly so. Or add the LoN deco items to loyalty merchants in game. I don't think we are as upset at the loss of LoN as we are at the loss of such beautifully done items.
    HaphazardAllure and Ishuna like this.
  2. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I struggle to imagine how many hours of art creation may vanish when LON is closed? I hope something gets done to preserve most/all of the card art.
    Merriel and Ishuna like this.
  3. Fozziex Active Member

First $400 GH's now having to pay SC if we want these perks we got for free for subscribing?

What next, can buy an eth for $1000? Because that is the way I see this game going, what a shocker, yet again us payers are loosing out on some extra perks. There better be something to make up for this.
    Ishuna likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

So you are asking for a reacharound? *runs off into the shadows giggling hatefully*
    Torvaldr likes this.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

So, when they shut down Vanguard and that other game (dragon something?) what did we get to compensate the loss of subscriber bonuses that those games provided? The free LoN packs that subscribers get monthly in LoN are a bonus for playing that game. Whether you are getting that bonus or not doesn't directly affect EQ2.

But it does mean that you're "all access" subscription is less valuable. I believe that you get a flat 500 DBG bonus each month for logging in to claim shared between all of the All Access Games with marketplaces. If I'm incorrect, someone let me know. Those 5 LoN packs were a separate bonus, so in that way we not only loss access to a whole game but also a subscriber bonus that was quite generous. That bonus also had an indirect impact on EQ and EQ2 which is why so many people are posting about it here.

I'd like to feel like the benefits from the subscription bonus aren't just shrinking as DBG looks at cost benefit ratios and decides to get rid of the poor performing games. Either add H1Z1 to the "all access" list, create some games for "all access", or add some sort of new benefit like additional "free" DBG$. The best would be to announce a new game that will be "all access".
    Avahlynn and Prissetta like this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe there was a subscriber bonus offered in EQ2, for playing either of those games, they were just available to members who had all access, and possibly a bonus in that game, applicable to that game.

The difference, in this case, is when Vanguard was shut down (they just stopped publishing for Dragon Prophet, the game is still running), items you previously had a chance to get for free were not offered for a costly lotto in the cash shop.

The misnamed 'all access' subscription has lost yet more value. 500 DBG bonus is marginal, given that some years back it was factored into the cost of marketplace items. Around the same time a large portion of the less expensive vanity items disappeared and with them the Vault sale at Frostfell time.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Subscriber bonuses are offered in each of the "all access" games. The bonus packs are a LoN bonus, not an EQ1 or 2 bonus. So if LoN is removed, its bonus goes away. The only impact that has on EQ2 is that some of the rewards you can get in LoN are usable here. I don't expect cross-platform rewards to be made for the other games. Sure, its nice that we could get a great cloak from LoN, but its an LoN thing. Not an EQ2 thing.

With less games included in the "all access" package, we're getting less value for our subscription. I don't think its worth complaining that we can or can't get LoN rewards when that game is gone. I do think its worth complaining that DBG is adding more games but not extending "all access" to them. I also think its worth complaining that the value of "all access" is being diminished in general. If DBG wants to continue to exist as a company, it need to create new games, not just finish the projects SoE was working on.
    Tekka and Prissetta like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

For me, it's just interesting timing. My annual subscription is up at the end of the month. It may not seem like a big thing, but losing the monthly LoN cards may be my tipping point for not renewing. It's not this one thing, but a series of things that, when looked at cumulatively, make me question why I keep paying the same price for something with diminishing value.
    Alexae and Prissetta like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

As you can see below, the bonus LON packs were advertised as an EQ2 bonus for subscribing to EQ2 (this hasn't been changed yet either, an oversight I am sure).

Game Specific Perks - EverQuest II
    • Additional 5 character slots ($50 Value)
    • Early access to select new content releases
    • Double ALL alternative currency earned in-game
    • 15% more coin
    • 10% bonus mount speed
    • Member-only items at in-game Loyalty Merchants
    • Access to all spell tiers
    • Get 5 free Legends of Norrath trading card game packs per month ($15 Value + Loot)
    • Full access to in-game broker
    • Unlimited Chat channel access
    • Full access to in-game mail
    • Full Guild Functionality
    • Preferred Status with Customer Service
    • Access to Special Members-Only Zones and Servers
  10. Zinaire New Member

I like Deornwulf's suggestion of the "Choose-A-Loot" card and commemorative painting to send off the game that some of us did actually enjoy playing.

I also thought it would be nice if perhaps all of the various "Other Campaign" Scenario quests that have been offered at various times over the years (like the ones for different holidays) could be opened up for the last month. Most of them rewarded in game items related to that particular scenario, and would give us a way to play some of the ones we've missed over time and get some last in game rewards as well.

I could be wrong, but I think that those items wouldn't influence the Marketplace sales either, since they are not part of the traditional "Card Set" loot cards. Since some of these still come up throughout the year (like Big Game Hunting and Fall of Erudin right now), it seems like it wouldn't be very difficult to open them all for the last month as another way to send the game off.

To be clear, I'd rather see Deornwulf's idea done if it were one or the other, but both would certainly be nice too. Really, anything would be better than just unceremoniously shutting it down.
    Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

I would agree with you about the LoN bit, if not for the fact that they added the LoN loot lotto. The loot remains in the game, now however you are required to spend additional money. Honestly it has continued to surprise me that LoN wasn't shut down when they stopped updating it.

The issue isn't whether or not LoN is closed. The issue is that the loot for it is still available. Loot that (until July) has been a part of the membership bonus for EQ2. Loot that will remain in the game, but now at a premium cost.

I agree 100% with the diminishing value of the subscription, I just don't think it's strictly in relation to what games are considered 'all access'. I'm comparing it with other games of the same genre and equivalent game play that have a subscription or a free to play + cash shop.

Given the past few months, I think the next few will be telling.

~Do not go gentle into that good night.~
  12. Cinnamon Active Member

Many months ago, I had feeling that this was going to happen...and I had suggested that the LoN loot cards be added to the Loyalty merchant; but no, they instead add it to the store for a random chance of just a few of the LoN loot cards?

PLEASE DAYBREAK it's not to late to please us loyal players!!! ....I would strongly suggest to add a random loot card through the loyalty merchant for a certain amount of tokens, since their was suppose to be a random chance of a FREE loot card out of the LoN cards to begin with!

My proposal is:
    -The loot card or whatever you want to make them be could be base on a random chance, like for example, a token (or card) for all of the LoN pictures and or house items in it for 150 tokens, a token (or card) with all of the houses in it for 250 tokens, a token for the mounts for 300, a token for the flying mounts and or the wings for 350 tokens and the other misd items such as the cloaks/illusions for 200 tokens?

-Don't forget to add any of rewards from the scenario or other events to this!

-Reasons why you should do this is, I know us players have been asking for more items to spend them on and this would be a great way to spend them.

-I know no one likes random chances where it concerns real cash, so how about remove the random chance of whatever loot card through the store and let us buy what we want instead and that way Daybreak can still make money.

-Also, while your implementing this fabulous idea Daybreak, you could add some of them loot rewards from the Goblin game as well, for I know some would still like to have a chance at that Lion mount!
    Prissetta and Lucus like this.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

Going to point out this probably isn't a great idea. You gain loyalty tokens at a rate of 2 per day. That means 3-6 months of logging in and blowing all of those tokens for 1 chance in each of the above suggestions. As things stand now with the loot cards on the market place you could buy 2 chances every month with the 500 DBG subscribers get each month.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

we get five booster packs for free each month as subscribers, so i don't see why we can't get the same value out of some free '*choose a loot card packs' equal in value to our now being phased out 5 free booster packs per month.

*as in you pick which set of loot cards to random chance for loot cards.

This way subscribers can chance of specific loot items every month and get something out of it even if it isn't what they were aiming for from that set.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Most months I didn't get any loot cards from 5 packs. Upping the amount of DBG you get by 100 would be about equal to the amount I did get.
  16. Taezya Member

I saw this coming actually. Why else would they just make it pretty inaccessible in game and then put packs in the item shop? They think they'll make more money from it, but who the hell would pay for something like that? Members get 500DBC so this is another way for them to get us to waste them and buy more credits. Little do they know that I'm not spending more than I spend monthly for membership so if they wanna keep dropping member perks they can. But it's just gonna make people leave. Why should people pay 15 month and get nothing but 500DBC when it costs 10 bucks for 1000DBC? Not to mention that if even if you still pay for the month but don't play or pay for a year and don't play some months, you don't get ANY DBC cuz unless you log in and collect it, you gets nuthin'. If they keep dropping services then soon you'll be better off going F2P and buying things here and there which will just get DB LESS money...not more. After all how many people actually play more than one of the remaining games they now have available? So now we have less games to play for our 15 and less perks? How long are people going to put up with getting less for their buck? lol
    Merriel, DragonTayl, Lucus and 3 others like this.
  17. Cinnamon Active Member

I can totally agree with you here for we're getting less but have to pay more and more for this game.

I get that a company has to make a profit too and know that these games owned by Daybreak has been struggling with this for a while. When you think of the cost to run these servers and paying the employees, it adds up.

I'm not sure why the games themselves don't separate and become a no profit company as long as the developers get paid and new expansions sales allow next expansion for as long as someone is over them, us players will continue to suffer for it's always about profit after everyone is paid with companies like Daybreak and SOE.

My Advise to any future MMO"s developers before considering having investors please consider the long haul on weather it will be profitable to keep paying the big wigs to keep a game going over the years or we'll continue to have fail MMO's games, for this one is slowing failing due to a lack of enough profit that Daybreak has nickle and dime us until they're is no profit left for them in it, that they'll shut this game down eventually.
    Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Cinnamon Active Member

Even though before this, we're given 5 FREE booster packs, you want us to waste the FREE 500 DBG on it now?

My cost was a just figure, and it does not have to be that much. I only suggested them amounts for I've been setting on 800+ loyalty coins (tokens). I personally would weather spend Loyalty tokens on a random chance loot card than spend DBG cash on a random chance one, when they could take out the random chance from the DBG Store by allowing us to choose what we want instead.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

The regular cards in LON will disappear with the game, I'm afraid. It's the loot cards that you can redeem in LOD and rescue, sending them to your EQ2 /claim box (or eq1).
    Would be nice if we had some way of redeeming the regular cards as paintings. There was some fantastic art.
    Lucus, Meneltel, suka and 2 others like this.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of the technicalities of how all that stuff is done, but given that some of the current paintings look like filtered screen shots, I wouldn't be surprised to see those art assets make a future appearance in the marketplace or for event/festival items.
    Prissetta likes this.