Legends of Norrath Closure Notification

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

all I wanna know for sure, if anyone from DBG could clarify, is:

do we have to redeem in LoN to EQ2 game? then log in EQ2 and claim on some character? or can it stay in my /claims
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@ Chikkin: I believe RadarX answered this

followed by

Redeem in LoN and then can stay in claim in your preferred game (EQ/EQ2) it's how I'm understanding it.
    Belenos and Shmogre like this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

doh! I didn't scroll 1st page down enough! Thank you!
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hi Radarx...thank you for the clarification. It's good to know that we don't have to fill up EQ* inventory with LoN items, I was ready to create a LoN mule just for that. :^)

(For what it's worth, it's the use of the word "claim" that is causing the confusion...in LoN, it's "redeem" to then move it to /claim in EQ/EQ2. By telling us we need to claim things, the announcement makes it seem as if we need to clear out the LoN section of /claim before the deadline.)
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking about what they were going to do with all that wonderful art now. Much of it would make some very nice in game paintings if they can do that. I may have been in the minority, but even though I didn't play the card game, I always looked at the art on the cards I got in my packs.
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I admit, I visited LoN almost exclusively for the free card packs. Some of the card art was beautiful, and of course there was always the chance for loot. I can't say this was a surprise though; when the LoN loot crates showed up on the marketplace, I thought I had missed a closure announcement.

Malabaster suggested allowing people to use an offline version for private play - is this possible? It'd be awesome if we could.

For the loot chances, I really don't know if the loot crates on the marketplace are a decent replacement. The card packs are free with a sub, the loot crates are not, and while yes we can use our 500 dbc a month to get them, the card packs were in addition to that 500 dbc. On the other hand, the card packs never guaranteed getting something. The loot crates at least guarantee getting something - just not necessarily what you want, which is a sting I do not appreciate on something that costs RL cash.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

To spread out the bad news so the LoN lotto is more palatable. I very much doubt these were individual decisions, made weeks apart, but that just might be my inner pessimist (though recently well justified).
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  8. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

I get people are mad, but why keep playing if you are? All you guys do is validate the actions that you dislike when you keep paying DBG for removing features, and providing less.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I have friends that play, so I'm still in EQ2, it's just the interface through which I play with them. Though after years and years in both titles, I'm no longer a subscriber, nor will I participate in their cash shop. They can count me as an active ping, but not my dollars, those go to other games I enjoy.

And I voice concerns here because while I don't like what the game is being turned into, I still have lots of feels for the franchise. It might not make one bit of difference if the players do or don't like the game changes, subscription benefit changes, or cash shop changes, but if no one speaks up - it's more like silent assent.
  10. Belenos Well-Known Member

This ^^^ X 1000! Awesome idea!
    shadowedwolf84 and Cuelaen like this.
  11. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

How sad. As some others have said, I only ever opened LoN for the free packs, and occasionally i would buy a pack for the chance at one of the tax free prestige houses-however, there are folks that enjoyed LoN for the actual game, and i feel bad for them that they can no longer enjoy it. It's always disappointing when choices are taken away.
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62, Meneltel and 5 others like this.
  12. Lea Plath Active Member

Well. This was going to happen. Sad but it was going to.

I personally really enjoyed LoN. I had decks I enjoyed. The system was intresting. Mechanics were fun. It was one of the inspirations for my own card game I am working on.

I dint think it is likely we will get a replacement perk to make up for this. I do, however, ask that the items that were only rewarded from LoN scenarios (like the Dragonhelm) be made avaliable at some point. It was fun to earn them and they are unique looking items.

Can you also release the data for LoN cards, it would be nice to be able to see a full card list, especially if people like me want to lrint cards off and play in real life.
    Kurisutaru, Sejreia and Belenos like this.
  13. Eggfu Member

(sigh) i've actually played more LoN than I have EQ2 in the last two months. This bites.
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Eggfu Member

And if you really want to send it off with a bang, how bout you light up all the scenarios for all the accounts? I have something like five or six accounts, and the scenario list is different for all of them.
  15. Davorum New Member

And another in the continuing closures of games by your friendly slash and burn company Daybreak!! :):p:D
    Stay tuned for the continued gutting and slow death to the entire game line...........:cool:
    Merriel, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  16. Davorum New Member

Yup me to!! no more $$ for Gamebreak, er sorry Daybreak!:rolleyes:
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

this was one of my favorite perks and i will miss it. luckily all of the claims i went in today and made were heirloom
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Why would you not be able to redeem the loot packs from the marketplace? I haven't bought any but I was working on the assumption they worked like all the other random chance packs we have had (like all the burburs & holiday pet things) where you buy the item, open it in your inventory & randomly get something in a loot window.

Do you actually have to go into the LON interface to open the new packs? (if so, that was an incredibly silly move).
    Meneltel likes this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

DCUO is not listed on the Launchpad as one of the games All Access can play.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I would only get on for the Free cards in hops of getting the 5 Bedroom Qeynos house . . . still want that. . still have not got! (yea I know it is in game but I do not have the status to actually buy it and never ever will! so don't mention it).
    Sad. . sad. . .sad. . .
    Mizgamer62 likes this.