Legends of Norrath Closure Notification

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Jun 17, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

after reading what the dev said i realized they meant you have to go claim the ones in lon. i am not sure how claiming the cards in the game would work. always before, if you bought cards in the marketplace, you opened them and claimed them in LON
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I was working under the assumption the person you quoted was talking about the newly added "loot lotto packs" on the marketplace.
  3. DragonTayl Member

Any news on making your claimed cards available on TLE? I know I can BUY them there, but I have a lot of cards and I only play on TLE.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'm still lost here, that part of the benefits of my subscription just wham!...became something we not only lost, but now have to pay for, all for RNG based maybes and better luck next time. No takers, here.

Honestly I do think that subscribers should get more than a sales pitch for that which we used to get as a perk.

I would like to see the lovely LoN art and deco/loot items made as craftable items, and no recipe contained therein shall require a cash shop buy or 7500 of any ingredient. :/
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Part of being in a guild is dealing with the choices the guild leader makes. If someone is dumb enough to pay three or four hundred dollars for one of these loser things thinking they get to call the shots, that's their problem. I've heard that some guilds even tell players what kind of character they can create. If you put up with this, that's on you.
  8. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I rarely got anything in the way of loot and had zero interest in the game. For the past few years, I've gotten zero loot cards. I thought I had heard they stopped putting loot cards in the free claimed cards, so I quit claiming them.
    Belenos likes this.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

Since subscribers won't be getting free card packs when LoN closes, why not some free 'choose a loot' pack card per month for subscribers ingame /claim? and include loot packs that contain LoN scenario rewards that won't be obtainable anymore.

This way you don't have the LoN costs, without removing a subscriber benefit really
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I thought /claim was disabled on TLE still? I think the only option for the loot cards there is to purchase the lotto and hope for the best/cross your fingers and check broker.

Landmark is no longer part of All Access.
  11. Prayos Well-Known Member

The only list Landmark belongs on is the list of games SOE/DBG has shuttered. It won't be around for more than 3-4 years. Plus, it doesn't have a subscription like the other games do.
  12. Naneeje Well-Known Member

My paid subscription should get a different benefit, not just one removed all together, I hope they are thinking of something cool.
    Ishuna, Meneltel, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  13. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it won't happen. It might if folks get riled up enough.

However I think if they'd planned to replace the benefit, rather than just remove it, that would have been part of the announcement, given the hue and cry over most of their other recent announcements and whatnots.

Or else it was just poorly planned, and got overlooked.
    Ishuna, Livejazz, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  14. RedBeard New Member

As bad as this may be I am more worried about the future of EQ1 and 2. First EQNext then LON. It just seems this ship is listing to port if you know what I mean.
    Merriel, Alexae, Ishuna and 8 others like this.
  15. Chrisworld Active Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself.
    Alexae, Mizgamer62, Livejazz and 2 others like this.
  16. Belenos Well-Known Member

They are available as grab-bags on the marketplace for real life cash, so don't expect to see anything free, or as a benefit for subbing.
    Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Blade Parker Active Member

Sad day... :(

Please unlock and Make ALL Loot Cards Tradable for these last few weeks!
    Ishuna, Mizgamer62 and Griffon Lady like this.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

It means to open and redeem all LON packs and loot. Once they are in your EQ2 or EQ1 /claim box, they are safe from disappearing with the game. ^_^ (unless something in your claim box is a pack of LON cards)

Come to think of it... what will we do with the cards that dropped in EQ2 zones? I still have a few. o.0 (Then again, I also have a couple toons with an icon of a copper breast plate stuck in my shops due to an itemization patch years ago... can't remove them, can't buy them- so that means no one else can buy them off me. Can't take them out of the shop window, so can't even destroy them... Hope that isn't the in-game LON drops future...)
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

What will happen to the cards that dropped in EQ2 Kunark zones? The ones on the broker or in inventories and banks? Will there be an alternate use for them?
    I'm assuming they are still in the loot tables somewhere since they keep popping up on the broker.
  20. Deornwulf Active Member

This announcement saddens me greatly as I actually played LON on occasion. However, such decisions are impossible to reverse but here is food for though for RadarX to bring before the bean counters. When Mercenary Crates were introduced, players had a chance to claim one free crate. That giveaway did absolutely no harm any sales in the Marketplace as the Mercenary Crates must be popular enough for the release of a new one.

With that in mind and the fact that the closure of LON is going to generate ill-will for many of the subscribing players, why not counter that by issuing every player account a single "Choose-A-Loot" card in July along with a commemorative painting loot card celebrating and remembering all of the years of LON? After the great Hack Attack, every LON player received just such a gift and it soothed many a ruffled feather.

It costs DBG absolutely nothing to give away a single loot item of choice to every player who is actually paying attention. It would be a nice gesture to give us something as something is taken away.