Issue Tracking: DirectX render issues

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Nadr Guest

I have the Fatel Error
    Everquest II has deteced an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> E:\live ...... (( all the same stuff posted above))...(E_OUTOFMEMORY)

Now.. I can tell you exactly why it cant pull any memory from my E drive.. It is a DVD burner... Why is the game looking to my DVD drive for memory???
  2. ARCHIVED-lstead Guest

FWIW, I did a full reinstall on my system using Vista Business 64bit and the DirectX issues went away. I couldn't say for sure if it was the different OS, reinstalling the OS, or reinstalling EQ2 (though my folder did slim down by 2 gig).
  3. ARCHIVED-MonkeyYoho Guest

Service Pack: Vista SP 1
    Video Card: ATI Radeon x1650 series
    Driver: Latest
    Error:
    E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (13549):
    sRestoreGammaRamp(): Gamma ramps are not saved
    The Fix did not work, none of the fixes you guys have suggested have worked!

Seriously! Is this still a common problem? Have you guys solved this yet? Please, I want to play this game!
  4. ARCHIVED-Abhorred Guest

windows XP SP3
    ATI Radeon 4850 1gb
    Driver - Latest

error

E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\dirextxrenderdevice directxerror. (D3DERR-INVALIDCALL) 00967484 009acfb8
    the fix did not work
    I am not impressed. i resubscribed a few days ago when i bought TSO and had this error immediately. It went away after I installed the latest drivers, but has now returned without me changing anything on my pc. I can run the game in windowed mode but every time I try full screen i get the error.
    I hate playing in windowed mode, so unless this is resolved soon you will lose my subscription yet again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amyrok Guest

Still no fix? Wow. I had this problem for roughly two months, it recessed, and now it's returned to the point where I can't even log in anymore. I crash on load. Yay!
    This is almost as bad as getting stuck beneath a dead Cazic-Thule.
  6. ARCHIVED-Methesos Guest

Service pack: 1
    Video card make and model: ATI Radeon HD 2400 512mb video ram.
    Video card driver version:8.501-080602a-065442E-VisionTek
    Error: E:\live\EQ2\Framework\Core\Devices\Src\DirectX9 RenderDevice.cpp
    (13549)
    sRestore Gamma Ramp (): Gamma Ramps are not saved
    Did the fix below work? NO

Here the Crash info:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: EverQuest2.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 4949895c
    Fault Module Name: Secur32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a777
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000021b3
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 8f4e
    Additional Information 2: 700feabdc9bdf2155f413b8220896a1e
    Additional Information 3: 2dd6
    Additional Information 4: bcf7bddbdf93eb31f0d3d84fddf6ed32
  7. ARCHIVED-benga Guest

can't /bug the problem cause I can't enter the game
    the game crashes on logging in

Service pack: SP2
    Video card make and model: ATI Radeon X800 XT
    Video card driver version: just downloaded the latest version
    Error: varies but allways like this
    E:\live\EQ2\Framework\Core\Devices\Src\DirectX9 RenderDevice.cpp
    or other xxxx.cpp

Did the fix below work? no
  8. ARCHIVED-benga Guest

I found a workaround in the german forum.
    If you get this error after crafting in one of the new heroic crafting zones try to delete the recipe filter file in your everquest II directory (eq2_recipe_filter.vdl). This worked for me and seems to be a problem if you set a filter in the crafting zone.
    German source
  9. ARCHIVED-7170vanna Guest

This error has been happening for quite some time for me. Within the last month, it has become a daily occurence. I have tried to follow your directions only to be stopped at the step : start computer in safe mode. I cannot get my computer to do this!!! I seem to recall... from a year or so ago.. that when i needed to start in safe mode.. i was unable to do so, due to how my keyboard is plugged in to the tower??? I just cannot remember. Anyhoo... my computer refuses to start in safe mode... and my problem still exists !
    On a side note, i have been playing on the Test ( not copy) server for over a week now.... NO CRASHING !!!!!! SO what gives???? I also noticed, while on test, my graphics settings are much HIGHER than on my regular server of Lucan Delere. I am soo frustrated at this point that the game is no longer fun. If i want to play i must go to Test, and that is very very lonely !!!
    I have on my desktop, the DxDiag but do not know how to put it here with this post so you can see my system info.
    Please Help, this is driving me NUTS !!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Schandlich Guest

I don't know if this will help anyone in particular, but it may be useful to the devs as I am able to reproduce this problem rather easily now.
    I did not get this issue until I installed the lastest version (6.0) of NetNanny. If I do not add Everquest2.exe as an Application Exception, I get the directx error described here.
    I have no idea what NetNanny is preventing Everquest2.exe from accessing, but I wonder if it is the same setting/driver/registry value/folder/hamster that a utility program could possibly be corrupting.
    I hope this helps.
    I am running Vista, SP1.
    I am using a Raedon HD 3870.
    The driver version is 8.552.0.0
  11. ARCHIVED-Congri Guest

Last night the game worked perfectly well. I haven't done anything to the computer at all since then; when I started EQ2 it updated EverQuest2.exe, and after that it started crashing.

I got this error:
    <alert>
    (13549):
    sRestoreGammaRamp(): Gamma ramps are not saved

This leads me to believe that the problem originates from the game itself; I haven't touched my directX or graphiccard drivers for several months, and no automatic updates of them have happened.

I tried to reinstall directX, but it didn't solve anything. I then removed every file except EQ2.exe from the EQ2 dir, and tried to run EQ2. This didn't solve anything. However, I still believe that the error is because of the last update the game did, and nothing else!
  12. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Last week, I did a recent thorough uninstall and re-install of graphic drivers and DirectX 9.0c drivers due to trying to fix some NVIDIA driver errors in my event log upon startup.
    Now, instead of my original error, I get these:
    (2690): DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    I can reproduce this error easily by going up ramp in EFP to WFP, by riding the carpet from SS docks to Twin Tears carpet waypoint, and by running through my friend's residence in Qeynos.
    I have found that I do not get the the FP and carpet errors by facing backwards as I go up the ramp and when riding the carpet.
    I never used to get any Render error prior to the TSO expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Video card make and model: Nvidia 8800GT
    Video card driver version: 6.14.11.8122 newest version
    Error:
    1. E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (2501): DirectX Error. (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    2. E:\live\eq2\framework\render\src\VeShader.cpp (8633): m_pPixelShader

Did the fix below work?
    I have renamed the file "eq2_recipe_filter.vdl" to "eq2_recipe_filter.vdl.bkp" and it works in the moment but i have received and runtime error message after 30 minutes play time.
    Is there a fix coming?
  14. ARCHIVED-gamejockey21 Guest

I am having crashes from a pure virtual was called and now I am really pissed off. The crashing is bad but this is the final straw... I see my other account character naked. Yes NAKED. Sword, Cape, white thong and Black Boobs. I hope no one else can see her undressed.
    Fix the darn game
  15. ARCHIVED-W1zzL3 Guest

Video card make and model: ASUS EAH4550 series
    Video card driver version: 6.14.0010.6860
    Error: <verify> E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2501)
    DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    0096b00a 009ea63

i'v been reading some posts and this has been going on for months????????? shouldnt this have been delt with already whats going on?...people r actually paying money to play...
  16. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Game has been working fine for two weeks now on a computer with a different mobo, but same HDs and graphics card. However, tonight in East Freeport, on two characters, I keep crashing after getting the Directx9RenderDevice.cpp (2501): DirectX Error. (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) error. I give up and bow to the EQ2 God of DirectX Render bugs.
  17. ARCHIVED-dreken Guest

Service pack: 1
    Video card make and model: sapphire HD 3850 crossfire set up
    Video card driver version: Cat. 9.4 Vista32
    Error: E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directX9 render device.cpp(5136
    direct X error:(E_Fail) 0098bbbd 00994d03

happened twice in Neriak .... and twice in Darklight woods both within about 15 min or so apart
  18. ARCHIVED-Nadr Guest

this is beyond stupid.

I am sorry but a fix should be in by now.

I cannot have any of my dark elves live in Neriak. If i am in that zone I crash within 10 minutes with this message.
    I am not zoning
    I am logging in with a fresh char.. not played at all today and crashing running from the broker to the bell. reload ... run back to the broker and I will crash before I enter the down under.
  19. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Your information is no help to the issue.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nadr Guest

is any imformation of help to this issue?
    We have had the issue for how long?
    Where is the SOLUTION!!!

The fact that i get the crash in Neriak within 10 min EVERY single time... Should be of use to someone. Gfay is the 2nd worst zone but its only a possibility that I get this message there. Neriak is a FOR SURE. I cannot go 10min without crashing there. I cannot run from the bank to the bell without crashing. I can not run from the bell to the bank without crashing.

I have posted before on this with hard data and that has not caused the problem to go away.
    So now im posting an actual ingame example of where this issue effects me.