Issue Tracking: DirectX render issues

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-BDoodle Guest

I'm new to EQ2 (had it about a week now,) - I was told that the quests are more like working out puzzles, but I didn't expect this :p
    Here's the info for tracking purposes, (with some extras just for luck) :
    OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Ver.2002Service pack: SP3Video card make and model: ATI Radeon X300SE Graphics Processor (0x5B60) Video card driver version: ati2dvag.dll 6.14.0010.6925 7/22/2009 02:54:20, 325120 bytes
    Error:
    Same as everyone else...
    "EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.
    <verify> E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (Some number here):
    DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY) "

Did the fix work? Short answer: No.
    Complex answer: Did the Safe mode thing and wiped all traces of video driver and ATI CCC from my PC. Installed latest driver from ATI website (just the WDM download). Removed all the unnecessary stuff from the start up programs, and reset my PC. THEN PANICKED, as the drivers were not recognized. After a cup of tea and a lie down I found that the WDM only download from ATI did not contain the main driver file. So I downloaded the ATI CCC complete package, box and dice, and installed only the driver section of it, (no CCC.) Driver now recognized, I started EQ2, played for about 15min, then crashed.
    (Only difference now is that I no longer have the VPU Recover a couple of times, (which was an ATI CCC function.))
    As a side note, from what I can see, the update for DirectX9.0c includes some or all of the SDK redist files/libraries. This would seem to indicate that Microsoft does not intend to update/support DX9c any longer, and is encouraging consumers to upgrade to Win7, (with it's more versatile DirectX version).
    As the Techies are probly aware, the DirectX error does not necessarily mean that the DirectX call or obejct are at fault. They can most likely even pin point the call that is returning the error. The conditions surronding that call, and the object in memory at the time (or maybe not in memory where it should be expected to be,) are more likely to be at the heart of the issue.
    SO, what should we be watching for? What glitches, hicups or processes should we be watching so that we can give more comprehensive and helpful feedback? Is there any background logging programs that could provide you with more useful data?
    Ta
  2. ARCHIVED-rick Guest

I have been playing EQ2 for the last 3 days with no problem..logged on at 1:00 pm CST and the patcher updated for whatever reason, and after the update I got the following message...
  3. ARCHIVED-BDoodle Guest

Um, rick, please read the very first post in this thread (page 1).
    What message did you receive? Are you having the DirectX render issue?
    Ta
  4. ARCHIVED-tiger0fsnow Guest

Service pack: SP2
    Video card make and model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    Video card driver version: 6.14.0011.9107 (English)
    Error: directxrenderdevice.cpp (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    Did the fix below work? No, seems to be worse now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Caladin Guest

Really getting frustrated. Got this new computer and I thought it was due to the new fancy video card causing this issue but it is NOT.
    What I have discovered so far.

I have done all the suggested things of latest version of drivers vers remove drivers and download directx from march 2009 and also the one from Aug 2009 and they all failed.
    I got the dt's so I pulled my new ASUS ATI 4870 1GB video card out and put in my older yet usable PNY invidia 9600gts. I then scrubbed all the ati drivers off while in safe mode and installed the recommended directx by the date that the tech on the chat recommended and then booted up.
    I thougtht well at least I can use this till a fix comes out. NOPE
    YUP I said NOPE it failed too.
    This video card worked great in my ASUS AMD 3800+ Rig but will not work in this new fancy i5 rig.
    I wonder if its something with the new i5 rather than the video as the new i5 and i7's don't use the northbridge and connect directly to the video card from the processor thus making them supposedly faster.
    How about the rest of you. Are your setups with different processors or the same as mine the new i5?
  6. ARCHIVED-Kvanilya Guest

Service pack: Service Pack 3
    Video card make and model: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (x2)
    Video card driver version: 6.14.11.9062 Driver Date: 8/17/09
    Error: <verify> E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2455):DirectX Error. (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY) 009c6bbb 009d3073
    Did the fix below work? No.

I noticed last night that all of my windows while in-game would get this whitebox around them. I decided to log off, thinking that perhaps I had a virus scan or something. Since last night, I can log in, do the update scan and select character and then it goes full screen and stops with the error message. I've done all of the fixes with no success. Is there anything else to try or a fix for this?
  7. ARCHIVED-Caladin Guest

well, I broke down and went to windows 7 and it is working awesome. Windows 7 is running faster on my new i5 system. good luck to those not going to 7.
  8. ARCHIVED-Atari400 Guest

Service pack: Service Pack 3
    Video card make and model: ATI Mobility Radeon 2600
    Video card driver version: ATI Technologies Inc. 7/3/2008 8.512.0.0
    Error:
    E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2704): DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY) 009c72b5 009ca778
    Did the fix below work?
    What fix ?
    Laptop Configuration:
    3GB RAM
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00Ghz
  9. ARCHIVED-Nevynmysti Guest

OS: Windows XP at least Service Pack 2, new computer had issues after installing game on main drive.
    Service pack:
    Video card make and model: Nividia GForce 9500 GT
    Video card driver version: Just updated to newest available due to other issues.
    Error:
    Did the fix below work?
    Didn't work for my other Windows mode issue, and getting this error and the memory error after following all these steps for the Windows mode issue.
    Was constantly getting the memory issue, didn't matter where I was, got it in SS, got it in Antonica, got it in my guild hall. Will post there to help as well. Suddenly, yesterday, started getting this error.
  10. ARCHIVED-BDoodle Guest

Since the memory leak fix I am able to run a bit better, but am still getting DirectX errors.
    I have tried a number of things to stop the errors, the latest of which is to lower the hardware acceleration. At the moment I have it set at 2 levels below Full, [Disable all cursor and advanced drawing acceleration.] At this setting I have been able to play for over an hour without any errors. Due to the setting though I have a strange looking mouse pointer, and book/feathers do not show up in game, (but are on the minimap.)
  11. ARCHIVED-EddieMG Guest

I am getting same error message <verify> E:\live\eq2\framework\cove\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (13823): DirectX Error. (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY). Can someone tell me how to fix i have reinstalled directx and my video card (ATI Radeon 9550)
  12. ARCHIVED-EDtertainment24 Guest

Service pack: Service Pack 2
    Video card make and model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Video card driver version: 8.17.11.9562
    Error: E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2143) DirectX Error (Unknown) 009d8326 009e4dd0Did the fix below work?: No, and in fact it's made the crash happen more frequently. Has there been ANY progress what so ever on fixing this issue. It's greatly hindering my game play. I've read a lot of posts in other forums both here and in general gaming that Direct X11 (which I have) is the issue because EQ2 won't run well unless its the 9.0c version... but I have not been able to re-install DirectX 9.0c.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on this problem or at least I pray it gets fixed with the new expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-Serendipity7777 Guest

I would like to thank whomever it was who created this particular forum because this issue has plagued me for two months now!
    I have contacted SOE support over twenty times and not ONE single tech could help me fix the afore mentioned fatal error *CRASH!* I cancelled my subscription, demanded a months' refund (received it, after fighting with Mr. Tuttle for two weeks) and when I finally began to "jones" (i.e. wanting to play my character again) I got a tech who told me there was a three day trial I could use (for a small fee of $5 +.) Desperate to play again, I went for it. I am now in the process of running the instructions listed above and do not know yet if it will work or not. Having read all of your above posts ? I am very skeptical!
    Seeing that so many of us are experiencing the same issue, I cannot understand how SOE can be so obtuse!!!
    If this "fix" does take, I am not going to bother with SOE ever again... My husband and I have worked on our characters for over a year now, it became a daily/nightly part of life; our form of recreation. I am VERY disappointed in the manner in which SOE handles their customers and the lack of knowledge within their tech team.
    Wading through all the email, telephone calles and SOE online communications that I have had to endure, not once was the above fix mentioned to me, nor was it suggested that this forum existed. Once again, are they merely uneducated or obtuse?
    I will be following this forum closely. If someone does finally find a solution, I surely would like to know what it is. I want to play the character it took me a year to get to the 90 lvl, not to mention all the work put into my Manor in Frostfang (my pets will starve before I can get back home) and the thought of starting all over with a new character is not appealing to me... Someone please give a "fix" PLEASE!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

Adding my voice to the sound of the crowd. This has never happened before on my old rig, nor my new one (which has been playing for a couple of weeks now). However, twice today, I've had this happen to me - it seems to happen when I'm turning round and buildings are trying to render (Karnor's Castle and South Qeynos).
    Service pack: N/A - build = 6.1.7600 build 7600
    Video card make and model: ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB Black Edition
    Video card driver version: 8.782.0.0 DDI version 10.1 (dated 20/9/10)
    Error: see shot below:
    [IMG]
    Did the fix below work? I haven't bothered trying since so many folk here are reporting the fix doesn't work.
    How come this has suddenly started today? Everything was fine last night. This, coupled with the other issue I have (under a separate thread) is cheesing me off somewhat (albeit I haven't followed the advice given). Having invested in this game since about a month after launch, I find this really disappointing, especially as the rig I'm now on ought to fly with EQ2. Perhaps it's time to move on.
    And why is the game looking for a E: drive when that's an empty optical drive (blu-ray)?
    And... this appears to have been an issue that's been around for over two years - that's an awfully long time for it to still be happening!
    For what it's worth, here's the alertlog that was produced:
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\framework\vdl\src\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) *buffer*(0) : Error, File not found: clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/reverant_book_swarm_red.vdl
    "
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\game\gamecommon\client\EqSpellCast.cpp(97): ERROR - Unable to load spell cast 'clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/reverant_book_swarm_red.vdl'."
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\framework\vdl\src\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) *buffer*(0) : Error, File not found: clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/reverant_book_swarm_blue.vdl
    "
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\game\gamecommon\client\EqSpellCast.cpp(97): ERROR - Unable to load spell cast 'clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/reverant_book_swarm_blue.vdl'."
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\framework\vdl\src\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) *buffer*(0) : Error, File not found: clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/coldain_light_flare.vdl
    "
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_north" loc="273.38 -17.95 -123.08" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\game\gamecommon\client\EqSpellCast.cpp(97): ERROR - Unable to load spell cast 'clientvdl/spellvisuals/expansion_07/coldain_light_flare.vdl'."
    build="SOEBuild=7124L" version="SOEVersionString=2010/11/23 18:05:35" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_south" loc="397.54 -20.50 146.62" performance="7" alert="E:\live\eq2\framework\resman\src\ResourceManager.cpp(2013): Error loading _exp03/composed/zones/objects/castle_mistmoore/epic01/doors/mc_epic01coffin_door01.voc
    "
  15. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

A little more information that may help diagnose. I've removed Winamp Agent, Open Office and Intel Rapid Storage Technology from my notfication icons as well as stopping the Open Office shortcut from starting from the er... startup of my PC. I've remained in-game without the crash for 1 1/2 hours. Now, whether this is just coincidence or not remains to be seen so I'd best monitor and see what happens.
    Could there have been something there causing a conflict?
  16. ARCHIVED-Peskie Guest

Getting this error message repeatedly:

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown
    <verify>
    E:\live\eq2\framework\core\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp(6059):
    DirectX Error.(Unkown)
    00b06c6b

Running:
    Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - fully patched and up to date
    Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 - latest drivers (260.99)
    Also latest Directx drivers
    I think considering the length of time this directx render issue has been outstanding with yourselves it's pretty poor showing!.
    Just hope I don't have to give up playing this game if these issues become more of a nusiance than they currently are.
  17. ARCHIVED-ivanudech Guest

I'm getting this crash on BOTH my systems in the past few weeks. WTF Sony?
    I seriously doubt that it's my PC since it doing to both of my PC's.
    On my laptop I tried new drivers and such, nothing worked. I eventually tried to re-install EQ2 and the station launcher gets and error message loking for a file that DOES NOT exist. I'm inches away from cancelling my subscription and finding a new game.
    This has really been going on for OVER TWO YEARS?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xye Guest

****Please /bug this in game if you can as well please****

We are looking for possible issues with players getting the
    DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp error. Please post the following information if you are having this issue.

Service pack: SP1 & 2
    Video card make and model: Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
    Video card driver version: 8.17.0012.6099 (English)
    Error: E: live\eq2\framwork\core\device\directx9RenderDevice.cpp (60509)
    Did the fix below work? No, the fix didnt work. Already tried that.

Thanks!

EDIT:
    My husband and I have the same computer and he has the exact same problem noted above.
    Strange that we only have this crash issue with Everquest 2? We play other desktop and MMO games with NO PROBLEMS!!!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Xye Guest

Xurtan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Same error. Has made the game unplayable. 30mins in and boom, game crash...
    Error reads:
    E:live\eq2\framework\core\device\directx9RenderDevice.cpp (60509)
  20. ARCHIVED-gmg79 Guest

I'm having the same problem. Played fine for 2 yrs. now I can't play for more than 5 min without the same message popping up and locking my game. This is really aggravating and I agree that according to posts all over the internet this has been an ongoing problem
    Service Pack: 2
    Video Card Make and Model: ATI Radeon x1200
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.0597
    Error: EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify>
    E:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (16877): Directx error. (E_fail)
    00b12b46 00000007