Issue Tracking: DirectX render issues

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Bofim Guest

Which leads to my next question.... Why does mine say E:\test\.... when everyone else's says E:\live\.... ? I am not playing on any test server. I know that when I originally came back to EQ2, I downloaded the trial "Play the Fae" version. After which, I decided to extend my time to play and subscribed and activated an account. I also, digitally purchased all the add-ons, expansions, .....everything. But now when I play, several times a night I get instances where when I fight, it is like broken record. The combat graphics freezes, and the audio loops. after 4 secs or so... things return to normal. But, sometimes it doesn't and I get the crash error as described above.
    It is not ALWAYS initiated by this "combat graphic freeze, audio loop", either. sometimes just running into a certain area, or upon initial mob aggro, it will crash as well.
    I've played a whole lot of games, and this is the only game that I have every had this problem with my setup.
  2. ARCHIVED-Juniorcanes12 Guest

Service Pack:1
    Video Card: Nvidia geforce 8500 GT
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    I am Geting the Problem E:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820):
    sRestoreGammaRamp(); Gamma ramps are not saved
  3. ARCHIVED-Tildain Guest

Im getting the same error a few others posted for about a month now. Happens after about 3-4 hours of play.
    <verify> E:\live\eq2\framework\render\src\VeShader.cpp (8567): m_pPixelShader
    XP home
    SP3
    Nvidia geforce 8500 GT
    Driver: 6.14.11.7516
    Driver date: 5/2/2008
  4. ARCHIVED-Dranged1 Guest

Service Pack: 2, or whichever was the most recent SP for Vista.
    Video Card Make and Model: Nvidia GeForce 6150
    Driver Version: 7.15.11.6222
    Error: <alert> E:\live\eq2\framework\core\src\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (9820): sRestoreGammaRamp(): Gamma ramps are not saved

I have tried to fix it with the "fix" listed, no change. has anyone gotten this fixed or should I go check out WOW now?
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

If you're experiencing this issue and using an Nforce motherboard, you may want to remove the 'Nvidia Network Access Manager' in the add/remove programs window of the control panel. From what I understand, that application is preventing the game from recognizing the correct version of DirectX on some machines.
  6. ARCHIVED-boviine Guest

eq2 was working fine this morning- now this
    E:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820):

Operating System: Windows VistaTM Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
    irectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.0119 (English)
    Driver Date/Size: 6/2/2008 20:25:14
    did your fix help-------NO
    so how do i fix this------did ur fix and reinstalled game-same msg
  7. ARCHIVED-Dfrnchman Guest

Dont have the Nforce and still hacing 9820 errors. Been this way for a few months now....
  8. ARCHIVED-glemin Guest

Service Pack 1
    Video Card: Nvidia 8600 GTS
    Driver: latest that I can tell

I am Geting the Problem E:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820):

problem still not solved
  9. ARCHIVED-Bofim Guest

Don't have an Nforce motherboard. Found my old boxed EQ2 discs, reinstalled everything, and I still get the looping combat sequences, "broken-record" audio concurrently.....and still getting the error message.
    I was excited about a return, but this bug/problem has me about to cancel BOTH of my accounts. This is a hassle, crashing out and coming back dead and having to restart instances, etc.!
    NEVER had a problem with any of the NUMEROUS other MMORPGs I have played regarding a graphics stopper of this nature. I may have to move on, because it doesn't appear that TECHs are truly interested in solving this issue.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gregore Guest

Interesting thing I learned about my problem.
    I reloaded Vista from factory settings (HP 6010n Vista 32bit, pre-SP1), EQ2 worked like a charm. Then I began loading software one-by-one.
    I think I found the culprit for me. We have an internet filter called BSafe. After loading it, I got the same error
    <alert> E:\live\eq2framework\core\devices\src\directx9renderdevice.cpp(9817): sRestoreGammaRamp(): Gamma ramps are not saved

Even when I unloaded the filter, the error remains. This seems to be a conflict between BSafe file structure changes in Vista (works just fine in XP) and EQ2. I'm in dialogue with the BSafe folks, but it doesn't look promising...

Anything on your side, Sony?

Thanks,
    Gregore
  11. ARCHIVED-Fedorf Guest

Service pack: 1
    Video card make and model: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
    Video card driver version:8.403.0.0
    Error: E:\live\EQ2\Framework\Core\Devices\Src\DirectX9 RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820)
    sRestore Gamma Ramp ():
    Gamma Ramps are not saved
    Did the fix below work? NO
  12. ARCHIVED-Caseybob Guest

Service Pack:1
    Video Card: Nvidia geforce 8500 GT
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    I am Geting the Problem E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820):

Did the fix work, no.

On a side note, how about an update on this issue, it's been almost a month and I don't see any tech support replies giving us an update. Glad I'm paying monthly for a service I can't use.
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

This thread is for gathering information purposes only, and tracking the problem.
  14. ARCHIVED-MunjaMunja Guest

Service pack: SP1
    Video card: Asus ATI Radeon EAH2900XT
    Video driver: 8.501.0.0

I am also geting the Problem E:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (9820):

I have been playing with this configuration normally until last week when this happened totally unprovoked. Please fix this soon my time is ticking away.
  15. ARCHIVED-lonlonat Guest

Service pack: 1
    Video card make and model:8800m GTS (mobile)
    Video card driver version:7.15.11.6746
    Error: E:\live\EQ2\Framework\Core\Devices\Src\DirectX9 RenderDevice.cpp( 9820)The restore gamma ramp error,Gamma Ramps are not saved
    Did the fix below work? I already had current drivers for the getg seeing as it was mobile, so I didn't even bother. and I don't have network manager, on a related note on my old comp I did and it end up blocking the internet, so.... yeah
    I'm not that angry as it was only a trial, but not being able to play it from the very beginng pretty much convinced me, not to buy this game. too bad I really liked the orginal. good luck fixing the problem.
  16. ARCHIVED-heftyman Guest

A couple days ago, I was having some ISP connection issues (very very rare for me). So, I downloaded the Comcast diagnostic program. My connection became stabilized, but when I tried loading EQ2, I got the "...DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp... (9820)" error. So I checked my video drivers, directX version just like the problem solving post suggested. No luck. Then I saw the Comcast diagnostic program running in the system tray (like it's suppose to) and right-clicked to exit the program. Started up EQ2 and it worked with no problems. I tested it a couple more times and the Comcast program was the issue. I don't know how or why it conflicts with directX rendering, but somehow it does. So, if you are using an ISP diagnostic program or the like, exit out of it, and see if that solves your problems.
  17. ARCHIVED-Caseybob Guest

Thank a ton Heftyman! I never would have thought about checking that diagnostic program. I noticed that Qwest has that on mine as well. I exited out and blammo! back to playing again.
  18. ARCHIVED-Minstar Guest

I tried reproducing that, with my dutch providers quickfix application, and indeed the problem occurs. exiting the program, EQ2 starts like a charm
  19. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

From what I have been hearing from people testing this issue. The problem is linked to a utility program (not sure which one yet) that is corrupting drivers. The reason that the cleanboot is working for people is because the program stops running, and seems to stop the issue. I will be posting this in the Issue tracking thread as well. First you will need to download your video cards newest driver. Just the driver not the software utilities such as catalyst or nforce software. ATI offers a seperate download of just the driver, where as Nvidia I believe has it as an option when installing. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvis...75.16_whql.html NVIDIA http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html ATI as well as the newest version of DirectX9.0c from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...;DisplayLang=en and a driver cleaning program http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 Once you have both files downloaded, you will need to reboot your PC in SAFEMODE. To Get to Safe mode you will need to restart your PC. As soon as it turns back on, start holding down the F8 Key. You should be offered a option screen then instead of it booting into Windows right away. You will want to select SAFE MODE with NETWORKING. Windows will now load, but it will look different from what you are used to. Install and use the Driver Cleaner program, this will totally remove any old drivers for your video card. After it is finished go ahead and install the DirectX. After this is installed, you will need to reboot the PC, and load it into SAFEMODE again. This time go ahead and install the Video card drivers. Once done, perform a clean boot to verify no other programs are starting. CLEAN BOOT Procedure 1. Select the START button. 2. Select RUN, then type in "msconfig" (for Vista, type msconfig in the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu) 3. Press OK 4. Select the STARTUP tab. 5. In the list, uncheck all boxes EXCEPT for SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY. If you use Windows XP, please note that SCANREGISTRY and SYSTEM TRAY will not be listed - just uncheck the entire list. 6. Hit apply and then OK. Restart the computer and try the game again. Yes this is VERY similar to the original procedure I mentioned at the beginning of the post. really the only change is to install drivers only and perform a clean boot when completed. Give it a try and let us know here on how it worked.
  20. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

****Please /bug this in game if you can as well please****