Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Siren, I ninja'd you aside from the last half of it lol.

That said, I feel bad for the people who genuinely wished this server would be a fresh start, everyone's on even ground kinda dealio. People continue to prove we can't have nice things without them being ruined the pocketbooks of those willing to sucker others.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Actually, we are having a pretty good time. New guild...have recruited 15 people. Nice to meet that many new folks. Most of us have max level toons on Live but thats not why we're playing here. Some have rolled Heroics, but all of us have baby toons for new groups.

Loyalty points are providing quite a bit of plat to start. Don't really agree with the inclusion of that and the heroics...but hey, its just a game.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Heroics aren't necessarily bad, since those people were probably going to skip ahead anyways and not enjoy the journey.

The troublesome part about the inclusion of the Loyalty Points is that the people who were expecting the economy to be better managed and free of the issues plaguing live are now going to notice the opposite effect, and have an economy potentially WORSE than live since nearly everything is sellable. lol.
    Livejazz, Tekka, Ishuna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Zoraas. I hopped over here today to try it. Quite fun, thus far...lots of nice things ;)
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

XD I might be partially telling myself that to not feel bad about something that, in all of my years with EQ/EQ2, is slightly embarrassing.

Bought WoW awhile back after giving the to-20 starter edition stuff a try and haven't been able to pull myself away with, and these servers are adding fuel to the flames for me when certain promises and fixes have not been delivered on. We were supposed to have a cross-server DF a year or more ago, for example, and that probably will never be feasible.

Staying on topic though...I don't know, the thought of millions of plat instantaneously flooding the server sounds like a huge turnoff and leads me to expect market prices similar to live where stuff seems to be going up at a rate of ~100p an hour.
  6. Arech New Member

I like(d a long time ago) to collect all the shinies and other things and put them on the broker to earn some money, but after seeing that people have 10's of thousands of platinum couple of hours after the server started really put me off and got the "what's the point" feeling.
    Jaden, Livejazz, Ishuna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I know it is to late now, but I wish that they would have prohibited the sale of krono, heroic toons, and the claiming of loyalty tokens for at least the first month or two after launch. This server already feels deader than AB and that is saying a lot.
    Devon02, Livejazz and Siren like this.
  8. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

If I were to make a character on this server (HA!) I could have 80K plat in whatever amount of time it took me to buy and open 160 bags of loyalty plat. Those with only 10K probably just tired of clicking on the bags.
    Jaden, Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I do agree that I had hoped they would hold off on Heroics, kronos, and loyalty tokens-- or even just the plat bag-- for at least a month, too. The server still seems busy to me, but maybe we're playing at different times. The poor EUs are stuck in US time zones, so it must not be that great for them, unless they can bring a lot of guildies and friends along from Thurgadin.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Basically its an old school subscription only server. Not so new after all, is it?

You'd be surprised how many returning & current vets are playing there...as well as totally new folks. We're roughly split with 7 current or returning vets & 8 folks completely new to the game.

I expect we'll have more by the time I get home from work as we've always had a pretty strong EU time group.
    Spindle, Belenos and Siren like this.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

As we all predicted, the overall player base isnt large enough to with stand additional servers. I am being honest and I hope things look better today. I played for several hours after it launched and it didn't seem any different than live to me. The cities seemed vacant, chat was minimal, and it even took a while to fill the agnostic groups I was in. Maybe things will pick up over the weekend.
  12. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Followed my gut instinct this time and after reading these I am glad I stuck with it. Sounds like a merge coming in a few months. Really sad that people expected so much out of it. Everyone keeps saying they want a FRESH start, which I agree would help population but marketplace > subs will be the campaign forever it seems.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

I was watching people level all day. It took about 7 hours for people to naturally reach level 90. The usual suspects -- Fallen Gate, Level Agnostic dungeons, a few contested zones, and then Skyshrine. 37 people did buy level 90 Heroic characters.

20 hours after the server came up, here are the numbers:
    100 - 1
    98 - 1
    97 - 7
    96 - 2
    95 - 3
    94 - 4
    92 - 4
    91 - 9
    90 - 19

People are forgetting that Loyalty Tokens are usable on the new server. If you have a stockpile of tokens then that's a ton of plat right there.
    Ishuna, Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just took a look at the free market on this sever and left there is a way to leave this server , its called delete your toon:mad:
    I bought a character spot for this I rather put another alt on Stormhold
    This is insane and I am normally a very positive person
    If this is being tried again have the same rules as on the TLS with exeption of the transportation and the mount speed.
    At least the economy is more the way people here where hopping things would be like.
    Meneltel and Livejazz like this.
  15. Livejazz Well-Known Member

So much for the "fresh start" on a "new" server with a non-borked economy. & YAY you can buy your level 90 heroic characters on this server, too!

/facepalm
    Meneltel, Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

ROFL. I know, I had hoped they'd hold off on the server-breaking stuff for at least a month or three. ;) But no such luck. We'll have to see how the "free trade" part works out over time. You probably won't really see the effects of that for another month at least.
    Jaden, Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to see the numbers for level 20 or 40.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62, Ishuna and Tekka like this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, Feldon, it's about what I expected. :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Jimbolini Member

I would like to see the population after Trak server launches.
    Jaden and Mizgamer62 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.