Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of leveling up a toon putting all that effort into him just to be deleted or transferred to Stormhold
    after only 3 months.
    I will probably give this server a try , expecting people to be here , just because its new not so much because its soooo
    good
    ok wasn't it supposed to open yet ? I already made and remade my character 5 times
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sooo why would that affect your ability to play on Isle of Refuge? You're thinking of Race to Trakanon.
    Belenos likes this.
  3. Drakkenith New Member

4. Drakkenith New Member

what the heck happend to ever quest next y did yall give up just like taht after tons or people got hyped and bought landmark and put alot of time into and eq is the best mmo over as lomg as yall go what the based the other game outta it will be ok or just remaster it and make graphics like new and new areas for lower levels amd higher levels and few more classes and races and starting points also new big citys please tell me something dont just delete it idk y people continue to pay for eq when ur doing nothing with the money
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Feldon , didn't you read the rest of my post I said I am ready to try this server as in Isle of Refuge
    if it ever goes live
    hmm what else could I do clean the dishes ? nah
    I just make another toon
  6. Jimbolini Member

Well.....

1 hour in...several peeps have 10k plat, two dozen level 90-92, everyone goes back to old habits of splitting up and forming 3 man guilds, no real groups, pretty much everything settles in as every other server.

Expect population drop come Trak server time....(including myself).....adding another to the pile.

Wth, they got my $30 faster than normal. (I am glad i didn't reactivate all 5 accounts)

call me all day...because I am a sucker!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Wheeeee. This is fun, starting something new!

If you are on Isle of Refuge, give me a shout :) On Kittaene.
    Siren and HaphazardAllure like this.
  8. Apple New Member

I can not think of a practical use for this server(Except making more money off an old product for DGC! Subscription is not enough capital on a 12 yr old product ?), economy is already a mess from loyalty tokens and heroic characters.

I swear DGC would dig up my garden and try to sell me my own vegetables.
    Mizgamer62 and Ishuna like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

The server went live at 3PM EST. Try closing your game down and relaunching from scratch. Maybe your client has to be restarted to recognize a new server in the list.
  10. Chrisworld Active Member

Wait... you're being truthful about the 1 hour in part with 10k plat, level 90 chars etc, or just trolling/being sarcastic?
  11. Breyl New Member

what you really think everyone will just make lvl 1 char and have a nostalgia-like lvling experience? HA. people will start selling plat... PL.. one thing I was hoping for was the exclusion of heroic characters. gee that server will not last long :'(
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Its the truth.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Ishuna Well-Known Member

So..I think my rl -not so good- day is seeping into my game forum posting. Sorry for the post in this thread earlier. I was a bit trigger happy. When I read the faq, for some reason I thought it meant all were restricted from /claim yet available for sale on the market.
    Siren and HaphazardAllure like this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why so many people are getting all bent out of shape about the Isle of Refuge server. They've said since it was announced back in May that it the only significant difference from the regular live servers would be the 'free trade' portion and no transfers would be allowed off of the server. That and a slightly restricted /claim bonus.

Why would you expect anything else to be different? The whole "Free Trade" is supposed to be the carrot there.
    Feldon and Siren like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and a krono costs almost as much as on the regular server , so much for a fresh start
    I have a feeling with all that's going on this will not last long
    The TLS servers were a better idea than this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You expected this to be a good idea? They aren't allowing transfers OFF, there will be people transferring onto it soon I'm sure, making it even worse.

I see there are several 90s who used their loyalty tokens too, looking @ the plat amounts.

Sooooo....Anyone who was saying "This is gonna be great and a total worthwhile investment!" wanna get the heck in the "I told you so" line?
    RedvsBlue, Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers, Radar. Some of them may not be answers I like, but it's more information than what I had before.
    Mizgamer62, Belenos and Siren like this.
  18. Chrisworld Active Member

But how on earth do you power level to 90 in an hour? I don't even have a lvl 90 and ive been playing 9 years... O__o
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You purchase a heroic character for 3500 DBC, create the lv90 character on the server, get all your stuff together that is "account based" from live such as bonus potion claims, loyalty token expenditures for plat bags etc etc.

Even without veteran bonus and stuff, if you're not deliberately taking your time and do stuff like Level Agnostics or find friends/guildies to run the normal dungeons with, 90 in a week is extremely easy without going for a Heroic character.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

No no, people buy Heroic characters who are geared, Level 90 characters. Then they sell PLs in the chat to lowbie toons. However, the prices of everything are getting insane already because they allowed loyalty tokens to be traded for the plat bags at the loyalty vendors (like the one in Qeynos Harbor). So of course, everybody who can is trading tokens for major plat....

I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it is still fun to a degree. I stayed on a lot longer than I anticipated I would. There are still tons of baby characters running around in every starter zone. Moreover, it's relatively easy to level (especially having agnostic dungeons on IoR too) that I suspect the people who've bought Heroic characters are going to be embarrassed and regretful shortly, as everyone catches right up to them in no time.

I expect that you may be a completionist who loves to play alts, and do everything the game offers as well (crafting, harvesting, etc.), which might be why you don't have a level 90. If you wanted one, believe me, you could whip through the game much faster. You wouldn't get nearly as much out of it, but to those for whom EQ2 is merely a race to the finish line as fast as humanly possible, they don't care about stuff like that I guess.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.