Is anyone in charge of EQ2Players.com anymore?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Erurat Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thank you for the response, finally. I must ask though, why can't you talk about the details? Why is everything so friggin' secret?
  2. ARCHIVED-Thorgald Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Most likely every single one of SOE's websites.

So its quite understandable if they let this webpage rest while they maintain more important sites.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Coven@Crushbone wrote:
    It's not that it's secret. It's that it's still in flux. Decisions haven't been finalized, so there is nothing to share yet.
    It'd be like the Dev Team announcing what was coming in the next expansion before they'd actually 100% decided. More harm would come from that than good.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thorgald Guest

Coven@Crushbone wrote:
    Because discussing something does not equal to will happen.

So "revealing" something they are only discussing won't help, especially not if it ends up getting scrapped for whatever reason.
  5. ARCHIVED-valavaern Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    At the risk of sounding beligerant, WHAT, after 7 MONTHS, is there to be actively discussing, and what is there to be in flux about!? You're not inventing a totally new feature, you're fixing some relatively simple web code that broke. This reminds me of the old addage "A rhinoceros is a unicorn designed by commitee". If you want to be thnking about overhauling it, fine, but if it's going to take you this long, fix what's there while you're debating.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

by the time they get through discussing (they might die of old age--the team planning it will be cut-- the sun will burn out--we will have landed man on mars......) I am sure they will just shut down the site
  7. ARCHIVED-Erurat Guest

valavaern wrote:
    I second this. It's absolutely ridiculous how long the site has been broken.
  8. ARCHIVED-EndevorX Guest

Coven@Crushbone wrote:
    I triple million these things which were typed by my fellow constituents.
  9. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

Any new word on when EQ2Players will be fixed?
  10. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

Beer@Unrest wrote:
    Soon
  11. ARCHIVED-Spritelady Guest

If by Soon u mean Never... that is probably accurate
  12. ARCHIVED-peppto Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    In all fairness could you at least give us a ballpark timeframe as to when the descisions will take place? Eq2players has been outdated/broken for years now, you can see why the playerbase has no reason to believe it will happen within any reasonable amount of time.
    And on a side note, the tight-lipped "need-to-know basis" that SOE generally treats it's customers to is a good part of the reason that a large chunk of the player base blamed SOE for the recent data theft issue. Comunication is key to understanding.
  13. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

Pretty sad that the EQ1 team stays on top of issues like this and yet EQ2 is newer yet stays broken for so long.
  14. ARCHIVED-peppto Guest

Beer@Unrest wrote:
    Sader that amnerys refuses to reply to my reply, asking a perfectly reasonable question. Only goes to further prove my point that SOE cares nothing about it's customer base(or at least that's how they come off in the way they treat us)
    I mean, we understand that it will take time, we're not idiots. But if you can tell us when an expansion will be out, there's no reason that at least a ballpark range cannot be given on when they plan to work on a website that has obviously not been touched in ages.
  15. ARCHIVED-thaleem Guest

valavaern wrote:
    Well spoken!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

I'd at least like the AA loadouts to display properly. I mean they haven't even been updated to reflect SF changes let alone DoV. EQ2Players has become a massive disappointment especially considering how long I paid extra for this service.
  17. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

its really unprofessional how SoE is handling the EQPlayers site.
    WoW's version of the same thing is free and yet it actually keeps info up to date and has more features (not gonna say its 100% bug-free, but it fairs A LOT better than EQ2Players).
    not supporting the site just because you arent charging anyone for it anymore is really rediculous. its just makes SoE look really bad.
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I started this thread 8 MONTHS ago ...
    EQ2Players.com has not been touched ..... not that I thought it really would be seeing as it has been useless garbage for a couple of years.
    This just speaks volumes about SOE, the Everquest II team and the "so-called" Web team.

Pathetic.
  19. ARCHIVED-Feynar Guest

What are the chances of the web team allowing community members to volunteer to help fix the site?
  20. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Feynar wrote:
    Exactly zero.
    The relationship between the Web Team (or whoever they're claiming is resposible for EQ2Player.com this quarter) has been that of absolute and impenetrible apathy. I've tried to contact them, and apparently they just used it as an opportunity to use Roster Master as their business plan when they converted EQ2Player.com to a pay site - and failed miserably at it. Other folks have similiarly tried to set up dialogs with someone, anyone, who might be in charge, or just willing to listen, and gotten nothing but silence on the wire.
    It's been tried. Read this forum. It goes back a ways. Do you see a pattern? Threads with disturbingly similiar titles? The lack of SoE participation? Non-answers. SoE representatives popping in to spout the company line and then never heard from or seen again? Seriously, you don't have to read the entire forum, just page through the thread titles. I'll wait.
    What possible benefit of the doubt do you wish to extend Sony at this point? Do you really think that volunteer work is a good idea? I don't. Besides, I've done enough free work for Sony already.
    Realistically speaking, why would you think they'd let volunteers work on the site? From a standpoint of security (something they've aptly demonstrated they care and know nothing about), it'd be reckless at best. While there are very talented professionals that do this sort of work for a living in the EQ2 player community, to give some random "fan" the ability to look at and write code for the site wouldn't be very wise. First, the code (as bad as it is) represents a capital investment for Sony - they don't want that investment walking out the door. The code itself has value (on paper, anyway - we know it's crap). The other is, if that code's anything like that running on PSN, Qriocity, SOE, Sony Music Greece, Sony Music Indonesia, Sony's Japanese ISP subsidiary So-net Entertainment, and Sony Thailand, Sony Ericsson, and sonypictures.com (did I get them all? I'm sure I missed a few) - code responsible for one of the worst consumer data losses in history - do you think they even know what a functional site looks like, let alone a secure one?
    "Ah, but an employee could oversee the work" you say? Given that they've allocated exactly ZERO resources, who would be that, exactly? And are you sure that person would be clever enough to detect tampering? Remember, the people they have working for them designing Sony consumer portals just got p0wned a dozen times and have lost over a 100 million customer's personal and private details. I'm not even sure the running tally is that low, it keeps going up. These are the people who engineered a multinational consumer products network infrastructure that have left your personal and private information (much of which is, sadly, inevitably used as unique keys into your identity) irrevocably and forever exposed.
    These are people who can't even manage cooks to boil water without burning down the entire state the kitchen was located in.
    I imagine we should be thankful EQ2Players.com doesn't work properly, at least it's not hemmoraging credit card numbers. Yet.