Is anyone in charge of EQ2Players.com anymore?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Smokejumper,
    I am directing this message to you because I am not seeing anyone responding to any of the posts that have been made here since August. Cuchulainn16 who used to respond to folks here is showing as not being online in quite a while now ( Last Online: 08/19/2010 10:59:00 ). Is anyone in charge of this site anymore?
    It feels like this site has been abandoned. This was a great tool for those of us that were using it
    It was not too long ago that they had finally fixed the uploading of the paperdoll images but now there is not even an option to do so not to mention all of the other issues that are being overlooked on the site.
    Thank you for your time, I know that you have a lot on your plate.

[Edited by Amnerys - please don't address threads to dev team members. I'm removing the name from the title of the thread. Nothing else has been edited.]
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Don't hold your breath for an answer. It's pretty much forum policy that any thread directed by name at a SOE employe gets, at best, ignored, at worst, locked.
    I would suggest sending Amnerys a PM on this if you really want to try to get any answer - probably your best shot at getting any feedback at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

The answer is simple. No. That is why it has not worked in ages. lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Yeah I know the chances of getting an actual reply from him on this issue is pretty much none but it doesn't hurt to at least try
  5. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

The dev team actually isn't in charge of EQ2Players. It's done through our Web team. Currently the Web team is down a few heads, so they're trying to cover everything with a smaller team at this time, including support of older sites and setting up sites for the soon-to-be-released games. They haven't abandoned EQ2 Players completely, but I don't know when they'll be actively working on it again.
  6. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... how sad... a web team that doesn't work on its web sites...
  7. ARCHIVED-Thistleknot Guest

Malachani wrote:
    I was kinda thinking the same thing... the entire eq2players site is a disaster since the redesign with most things not working correctly at one point or another, including major issues like the leaderboards, but that's OK because the web design team (the same people who worked wonders on eq2players design) are too busy coding a new site...
    Seriously, is San Diego lacking for web developers? Because anyone that turned in that site design with that many errors and problems should have been fired immediately and a replacement that knew what they were doing hired to fix it.
    It's kind of sad that the only response we get is "Yea, whatever, we don't care about you guys, just languish in the same garbage site you've dealt with for years. We don't care if it doesn't work."
  8. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Thistleknot wrote:
    LOL< why do you think they are a few heads down. ROFLMAO.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Malachani wrote:
    EQ2Players is one of many websites at SOE. If you read again, you'll see that this team is also responsible for other websites.
  10. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Fact of the matter is, subscribers are unhappy about one of the services that has historically been available to them. There is no short supply of capable web designers, just zero drive to take care of the problem.
    I understand needing more people to get all the jobs done.
    I don't understand not getting more people. This is a months old issue.
  11. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I read it... I also read that fixing a completely broken web site clearly takes a back seat to some future games that aren't even out yet. This isn't newly broken stuff, this is stuff that has been broken for a LONG time. They might as well just take it down if they aren't going to bother fixing it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thank you Amnerys for letting us know what is going on. While I would love to see this site working so that we could use it's many resources it is good to know why things are the way that they are.
    Thanks again
  13. ARCHIVED-Mezza Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Aye what Malachani said, just take the whole shower down. It is an absolute embarrasment. Why change it in the first place? I couldn't give a crap if the "team" is responsible for other sites or ridding the world of famine. Even calling it a "team" I imagine is a ludicrous over statement. If it isn't then this would have been fixed as even under its updated guise, the leaderboards were previously working. I didn't want the change in the first place but they insisted on how great it would be. As it stands it is an irrelevant pile of dross.
    Surely alot of new customers will use this as a starter for their gaming experience? I'm sure this will bowl them over. Feel free to argue with me all you want but for the main site of your game to not work correctly, well it reeks of unprofessionalism. I guess this doesn't matter if the game you are now promoting is "free"?
  14. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

There was a new platform team early in the year. They produced the revamped everquest2.com/eq2players.com site. Then I think most of that team left the company or moved on to other projects. Those that remained are working on the forum revamp.

I am very concerned that the new forums will put style over substance, have tons of usability problems, and be full of bugs that go unresolved.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    No change there then lol
  16. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

This is a very frustrating issue for me. There are several times where I want to see information on my characters when I'm not in game and you can't properly do that with what is currently available.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Why am I also not too optimist about that... Short of giving up on this proprietary and buggy platform and switching to vBulletin/Lithium, I'm not holding my breath for any miracle here. SOE's proprietary forum solution is a wasted resources project IMHO that does nothing more than attempt to reinvent the wheel.
  18. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    In this situation it's apropriate for Smokejumper and the other managers of the web group's internal customers to drive the point home with upper management that priorities need to be aligned with providing a service that THEY (read: upper management) implicitly agreed to through the allocation of resources to create the sites in the first place.
    Are you listening, Smed?
  19. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks for the info, Amnerys. While it does merely reinforce what most of us were assuming, it is at least an answer, and one that was sorely needed at that. However, I would like to stress the severity of the current state of the website. Hopefully, some time will be alocated shortly to fix the list of bugs that have been on the site since it launched last year before it is spent on revamping other websites that are currently functioning correctly (especially with the webteam's history of breaking things that work).
    There are a decent number of people around here that have proven willing to help point out QA bugs and make the site better, but are unwilling to waste any more time on something that the people getting paid for it are ignoring. When entire features like the leaderboard sit completely broken for months, and other bugs and missing functionality that was supposed to not be lost sit unresolved since the website launch (which is nearing a year ago), it is hard to see this website as anything BUT being abandoned by the web team.
  20. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    They don't get more people because they fired about half the people they had.