Is anyone in charge of EQ2Players.com anymore?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ZMANN1000 Guest

So I take it that eq2players is done then?
    Anyone know of a fansite with stats similar eq2players? or if theres one in the making?
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Sadly, I would have to say yes .. eq2players has been broken for quite some time now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

VorienBB wrote:
    This.
    SOE's failure to support and maintain EQ2players.com is pathetic. There's NO excuse for the website to be in its current state. None.
  4. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

IMO, just take down eq2players.com and be done with it. It's beyond help, and any information that you might be able to get from the site is probably wrong anyways. It's missing AA lines from the past 2 expansions.
    The money and resources it would take to fix eq2players.com could be used to fix the lag and server stability on all the servers that did not get hardware upgrades...but that topic is also being ignored...just like eq2players.com.
  5. ARCHIVED-Black Guest

I thought there was a fixc recently to the leaderboards?

I can now see a proper ranking - ie with name instead of looong number, for most servers.

Unfortunately cant see proper rankings on myserver - Unrest, but most others seem to work OK now.

Unrest seems to have issues, as drop down menu only lists Ãœnrest - but player listings have their server set as Old-Unrest

Can a dev get the Unrest issue fixed?

Cheers
  6. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

I can sign in, it lists my toons and that's as far as I get.
    I click on one to view and I get a blank screen.
    Is it working as intended SOE! WE VALUE YOUR INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

Hi,
    Let me fix the site.
    Thanks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Foruden Guest

Peak@Nagafen wrote:
    This.
    Or, give us access to the datastreams so we can make a better product.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lyleana Guest

I think of this senario and it makes me shake my head because I know it does not need to be like this ...*a person hears from a friend about a gaming site (whom shall remain nameless *coughs*) that they can play together. So said friend learns that he can play for free and tries out this game to play with his friend. He goes to the website and downloads the game, that takes the better part of the day but he figures 'if I can have fun with my friend why not?' They, along with other friends, are out battling monsters and taking their share of loot and getting rewards. The friend playing for free decides 'you know, I am having so much fun I think I will subscribe to this game. But first let me search one of my other friends toons gear so I know what gear I can look forward to if I decide to pay a monthly fee and reach level 90. Oops I got an error message saying I cannot view his profile, well damn this does not help me in the least. I was really excited to see what gear I would be able to get and since my other friend is the same class I am but at level 90 ... well, I am really dissappointed. Before I decide though let me check out my own profile to see what shield I am using because I forgot the name of it as I am at work and would like to check this out .... damn same stupid error message. **thinks: well, if I can't even look up my own gear in my own profile what good is this game?** ... and so the friend that was playing the free version of the game and was thinking about subscribing decides to go to another game.* Some of the information may not be right but I think you get what I am trying to say ...

You know SOE, you may think that this issue is not important, you may even think that 'EQ2Players.com and Everquest2.com' are sites that can take a back burner but well I want to tell you that you are sooo wrong. I mean take a look at the people that have already posted wanting this service back up and running and in working order (myself included) some even saying to let them handle it. I find that this is sad that a customer has to tell the provider that "hey, I can do your job since you are not doing it" I also know that the devs have not bothered to look at this thread for weeks, for if they were looking at it why are they not answering ANY of the posts here. I mean there are six pages, at least, of this thread alone with people wanting the websites back and in working order. And telling us that "the team in charge of these websites are busy working on other projects" ... well, as one poster said "don't you think you should fix the older sites first before trying to put out new ones?" Plus the fact that it is really sad to only have a website to keep you notified of what events are coming up and what new Station Marketplace items are coming out ... that is all fine and dandy but the other 3/4 of your website is not working!!! I went to check out my profile of one of my toons and got not an error message *drum roll please* but a BIG OL' BLACK SCREEN I mean for a very quick micro second there I thought my computer was going to crash then I realized it was your website, and as a paying customer I thought 'Wow this really sucks *actually I was thinking something ALOT more harsh*
  10. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Lyleana wrote:
    While I totally understand most of what this poster has to say, she has to realize that 99.99% of the EQ2Forums population, including devs, will not spend the time to read (1) tiny text (2) with no formatting (3) in one big paragraph. :(

To the original topic... either fix the site, or make the datastream available to those more motivated to provide a quality product.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lyleana Guest

I understand what you are saying but I did break it up in two paragraphs and used the different colored text to "say it how I was feeling it" and the different colors, to me, help get that across. I also used the smaller text size because the post would have been to big. And as far as the devs, population aside, not reading it because of those things ... well, let's face it they are totally ignoring this thread altogether. I was venting because I know this site can be fixed to what it used to be, they just don't want to and that angers me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    I had no trouble reading her post.
    I have been following this thread ever since I started it just over 6 months ago and value everyone's opinion, whether or not I agree with them. I also appreciate that Amnerys took the time to post a response early on. While we have not seen a Web Team member actually post a response I know that SOE are aware of the issue. Smokejumper did comment on things in another thread.
    Will the issues with EQ2players.com ever be addressed? Who knows and honestly right now the web site is the least of EQ2's worries.
  13. ARCHIVED-phroh Guest

how about instead of developing an app that i can use on my phone to see my characters armor and chat with my guild, you guys actually put in some effort and fix the most likely minor bugs that are causing eq2players to not function. how many complaints does it take to actually fix leaderboards? every day i go to check and see where my main character stands compared to the rest of the population and all i see is black nothingness. do something about it. show us that you actually care.

-Nagafen.Craxx
  14. ARCHIVED-Ikunai Guest

I don't know if SoE has figured it out instead of hiring people to fix the site why not just get a fan with capable programming and website design skills to do it for free. Which would take a few days at the most to recreate and make the site work as intended again. Instead of the months on end of broken stuff that will never be looked at. All things considered it doesn't take a rocket scientist to design a web site or content for it. I know many people who do such for the fun of it and theirs always turn out fine. Unlike this professionally run garbage that only gets complaints, as it stands a hacked invisionfree or zetaboard site runs better.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Are there any active moderators/forum cleaners on this site these days? wtb some help or temp rights to do it for you!
  16. ARCHIVED-phroh Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

This is still on our radar, and while I can't talk about details, I can say that there are active discussions about fixes/upgrades/overhauls. Stay tuned. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks for the update Amnerys
  19. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    I hate it when this happens. My company has done the same thing. Less people means more hats for those that are left to wear.
  20. ARCHIVED-Sipico Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    This web site accurately reflects sonys inability to produce a quality product. Every day that goes by demonstrates their indifference to their users needs.
    There used to be a time where anyone in-game saying anything bad about sony would get shouted down in channel. Try it today. You'll find that most players will chime in and agree with anything negative said about sony in channel. If only sony employees would start playing the game they would see things like this. But, they don't. And apparently they just don't care either. I guess that's why sony is closing servers and laying off people.