Is anyone in charge of EQ2Players.com anymore?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Juravael, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lathain_Sarathai Guest

my guess they are working on website...
    EQ2marketplace.com or something like that, where you ll have billion way to give dollars to soe. And i m sure the current broken site will be far better than the next new one
  2. ARCHIVED-Tonstethree Guest

I ended up sending out a petiton over the weekend, I doubt I will get anything. My basic problem here is privacy! My EQ2 Players account works fine, if I'm not logged in. But when I do all my toons get a <div id error and I cannot see the profiles. This is a problem because I NEED to access the profiles, while logged in, in order to hide my alts. Why do I NEED to hide my alts you may wonder? It is a simple matter of harrassment. It is not harrasssment bad enough to warrant a report, because the person is not interacting with me or affecting my gameplay. But the person (an ex) is stalking me. I tried making out of guild characters to play, to avoid the person. They make new characters in my new guilds which they use to spy on my activity (particularly my interactions with certain members of the opposite sex). I would just like my characters to be private, so that this does not continue happening. At least I am not paying for this broken website anymore, but it is still aggravating that my privacy is being violated simply due to broken code.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

4. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

This being fixed..or acknowledged..would be really really nice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lithillia Guest

if they dont fix it id rather they just take down the ability to do character search, cus i just want to hide some of my alts and i am unable to set my settings to private >< annoying.
  6. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

I doubt anybody is working on fixing eq2players. As I understand it there is a new website being developed which will also include EQ2X.
  7. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Banedon_Toran wrote:
    God help us
  8. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    That's over on the support boards. EQ2 Mobile doesn't work as I've found out having just gotten on the smart phone band wagon (yeah, yeah late adoptor. Go me.). Joshua here pretty much says the site is defunct.

Edit:
    The last update to the mobile app was in Feb. The last time that AFKInteractive, the dev of the app was online was in March. So.... I'm thinking the app isn't a solution at all.
  9. ARCHIVED-Blakesgrl Guest

This can be a real problem for guild recruiting. We check this site to ensure recruits aren't in more than one guild on the server. Hard to do when you can't get profiles to show up!!
  10. ARCHIVED-ThePhocks Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    At least I got a new signature out of this.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

Ok I know most people that has posted on this form have probley left the game by now. But I wanted to get this post back up It shows how long this problem has been going on.
    It has been a couple of months ago that I had really been on. I have been waiting for the COMING SOON. Looks like it may be coming soon in 2013.
    I noticed that SOE has even dropped the support for the mobile version.
    I am not trying to flame here but just show the truth.
    Thanks SOE for the fun time that I had
  12. ARCHIVED-niteowl53 Guest

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:
    Well that would be wrong. Amnerys replied awhile back and he stated "The dev team actually isn't in charge of EQ2Players. It's done through our Web team. Currently the Web team is down a few heads, so they're trying to cover everything with a smaller team at this time, including support of older sites and setting up sites for the soon-to-be-released games. They haven't abandoned EQ2 Players completely, but I don't know when they'll be actively working on it again."

Please note the key part here "but I don't know when they'll be actively working on it again" meaning it has been abandoned, and no one is actively working on it. They have other things to do, other games to attend to other than EQ2.
    It's just my opinion that they are not "actively" doing much to this game, except anything that will bring in more revenue. If it won't make any money, it's not going to be "actively" worked on. Thye put everyone of for months and months, with fake dates, they knew they were not going to make. They did not have enough people to work on it, and again they stated there was no one actively working on it....so why do they keep kicking the can down the road? SoE it would be of big benefit to you that instead of spreading the team thin where no one can accomplish ANYTHING, you would put them all together on one project, complete it, then move to the next, at least SOMETHING would get done. It feelse like we are beginning to see EQ2's "white light".
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

niteowl, you are quoting a post from Amnerys from September 2010!

A lot of things have happened since then. EQ2Players is not "abandoned".
  14. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Feldon, do you have any info on when it might be launched? The "couple of weeks after AoD release" is long past and I'm wondering if any progress is being made towards a firm launch date?
  15. ARCHIVED-niteowl53 Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Yes, I know I did, but the stalling of the completion of this project is obvious, the date of the Amnerys post, only furthers my observations. There doesn't seem to be any movement here. Dates have come and gone when they have said it would be up and running, and still, here we sit, which is why I quoted that post, it was fitting. Many people, if you look at ALL the posts in all the different threads, many people are disappointed about the progress or the lack there of, of EQ2 Players. They really need to get on here make an official statement, what is going on, what the hold up is (no excuses), and set a more difinitive time table for when EQ2 Players will be back up and running again for everyone to use. I do not see why this is so hard to do. SoE has a long history, of keeping people in the dark and ignoring issues, until so much pressure is upon them, they can no longer ignore it. March 4th will be my 8 year anniv. (on my other acct), So, it's not like I don't like EQ2, but the customer service area has always been lacking, and I have been around long enough to see it and experience it. SoE Customer Service, is "working as intended."
  16. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

niteowl53 wrote:
    QFE - Its not the site thats been abandoned, its the customers. Ive PM'd every red name I can find thats ever posted here in recent memory, including SmokeJumper. Ive posted multiple times on their Facebook page. You know what we get? SILENCE. They have swapped "Grand Plans" for this site so many times that its a joke. The attempted conversion to a pay site was the first of many such "Extended downtimes". The thing that frustrates me - aside from the total lack of communication or care about the customer - is - WHY did they take down the old site before the new site was DONE? This didnt need to happen this way. THey couldve developed the new site and then rolled it out complete. In the meantime we are left with nothing. And until it launches - thats all we are gonna get folks .... silence. Because no one, and i mean no one , at SOE can be bothered to communicate with us.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

Dang I cant is it true are my eyes deceiving me or am I really seeing the information to day about the sneak peek.... humm still no real information like when the heck we might see it STARTED hee hee I mean finished. but I bet its comming soon.
  18. ARCHIVED-Perdigon Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    That's good to know, but before AOD was released Sj told us that there is a team working on eq2players and they are doing marvelous progress aparently.
    Now we find out, as we knew anyway, no one is actually working on eq2players and there is no such plan in any way.
    Good to know ... you folks value products which are not even out yet a lot more than products that have been broken for years. it'a an awesome mentality.
  19. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Perdigon wrote:
    Umm...last night they announced a webcast scheduled for tomorrow for the sneak peek at the new website...
    Check the community news forum.