Ingredients for Insignias of the Deep

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, May 5, 2013.

1. Ogdinmar Active Member

ill bet its they are some place right in front of our faces
  2. Solzak Member

Heh.. you won't see any admission of them being left out in the update notes. "xxx should drop more reliably" is the closest you'll get.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do remember that EQ2i is written by volunteers and the player community, i.e., folks like you and me. The verbiage you quoted appears to have come from something SOE said, or perhaps notes in the Beta Forums, the contributor didn't credit it if so.

You can't assume anything on EQ2i is official SOE policy statements, because it is NOT. A lot of us do try to keep it updated as we have the time, but it would be ever so much better if -- when you as a player spot an inaccuracy or missing info -- everyone filled in a little bit from time to time.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  4. Mendelvian New Member

Maybe it is something like the ingredients are special harvestable nodes and you need special glasses to even see the nodes. Kind of like those special glasses you got in Kunark for finishing certain collections.

Maybe we would have to craft the glasses and nobody has even discovered that quest yet!
  5. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I think you're giving them way too much credit. I'm sure it's just a drop from the new x4 we haven't seen yet.
    Wanyen likes this.
  6. Mendelvian New Member

We now have 8 guilds having cleared the new SG raid zone. None have cleared any of the HM versions. Still no materials for the Insignia rings reported on EQ2U.

Current realistic thoughts: I am starting to think it is just raid drops from those bosses. With three HM bosses and three material types I am thinking that each boss will drop one particular type for everyone in the raid. So in order to make the ring you would have to kill each of the HM bosses three times. The heirloom tag on the rings would enforce this.

Now back to idealism: Saving my blue coins (10 per day) for any small hope of these mats showing up at the vendor in 'tent city' sometime later this summer. It is possible that they could be bought once discovered on each specific server.

In the meantime I have made or purchased the three tempered azure items for my class (Monk) as a consolation. That ring is not bad it seems like 'half' of an Insignia ring in a way!
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

LoL @ 1 drop for everyone in the raid...I highly doubt that...
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

My money is on 1 per kill.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

If its out of the raid zones then knowing SOE's notoriously idiotic drop percentages its going to be 1 drop per zone...if that.

Be nice if we could get a dev to respond and advise if they are either group zone drops (doubtful but never know) or the new raid zone drops (more probable) or shoot if they are out of the new overland zone (not entirely out of the realm of possibility).
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We already got a response that they're in the game. I think that's all we're gonna get. :p
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Lies. If they exist they must drop from the unkillable raid mobs in SG. Hence the reason nobody has ever seen one.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm sure the phrasing Kander used is important. I'm sure they will SURFACE.... /ponder...
    Mindsway likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That did seem like an interesting choice of words. It makes me think they have a hidden harvest or something triggered after a mob death. They've done it before with shinies.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

While farming the fish nodes for shinies I did see a Bristlebane type Joker statue. Haven't done the adv quest line yet so assumed it was for that. If it is, ignore this post, if it isn't then it can't just be there for no reason at all...can it?
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

As far as I know that Joker statue is for show and I have the whole questline done.
  16. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah, I went swimming in Cobalt Scar for a couple hours after reading that. :(
    Mae- likes this.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I figured it was for show, but now I'm suspecting something more if we can just figure it out.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

In EQ1, the Plane of Mischief zoneout dropped you in the middle of the sea in Cobalt Scar. I believe the statues (there's also one at the bast of the waterfall by Scarstone) are a teaser for that zone. I wouldn't be surprised if they planned to release it next spring, around the time of Bristlebane Day.
  19. Meidjum Active Member

I wonder if you have to use salvage on some of the fabled drops in the CS zones, or on the heroic versions of the new crafted items, or some other way to break items down, to get the needed materials.
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

There was no TS dev when GU66 was in beta.