Ingredients for Insignias of the Deep

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, May 5, 2013.

1. Afel New Member

Please tell us these will not be restricted to raid zones for those of us who also pay for gold subscriptions but like crafting and quest lines....
  2. Lament Active Member

Destroyed with the beta forums, but it was the TS dev, when the rings were being discussed
  3. Kwikdeath Active Member

I think Kander gave the hint with the grin. He said they are in the game, and everything has been cleared so many times that they would have popped up now. **Except challenge mode raid mobs**. Pretty easy to put the pieces together, we can add 2+2

Too bad, was hoping they'd be from the new EM raid mobs because the guilds that are going to be able to kill HM (when they adjust it) likely already have access to Avatar loot, which is more a side-step to the ring rather than big upgrade it would be to those stuck on amalgamon, bastion, kings, 4rune, etc.

Source: http://progress.eq-raiders.com/. :p
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It's stats make it the best ring in the game. Do you really expect it to not be raid dropped materials?
    Calthine likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

So much incredible gear is available to Soloers, Crafters, and Groupers. Can there not be a few exclusive items for raiders? Sheesh!
    Lempo, Chimeron and Bouncing Skull like this.
  6. Laiina Well-Known Member

Nice to know for sure that they do exist though.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Judging by the stats, they have to drop from the final names in the siren grotto raid zone. No one worldwide has downed those mobs according to eq2progression. Don't expect to make any of them in the near future, if ever. My server won't see the mats till after the next expansion most likely.

Nice looking carrot though, huh?
  8. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Thats Crazy talk Feldon. CRAZY TALK!
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Why not they pretty much gave the whole gaming community raider or not sleepers tomb group zone at the tail end of skyshrine with both the group zone and raid zone crafting components on them and given that those crafted items refined/experimented were/are some of the best in the game still compared to even many of coe's hm gear.

However if the components are dropped in the new raid zone off say the challenged mode versions that may lend to the lack of a discovery yet...but if so why not just say so however Kanders grin does make me suspect that there may be more to those components dropping out of group/raid zones other than the new one in cobalt scar...and perhaps maybe few certain other quests......
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

They also gave entry raid-gear to all Solo players who bothered to run consistently. A move that drastically harmed Heroic Content to this day is still felt becuse Alluring and Talavan are worse than Old-Solo-Fabled. I know it may piss people off but really at this point, Primal/Soul-Touched gear should be made to be 172 stats placing it just below Heoic Gear which makes it more than enough for Solo Zones yet still leaves Heroic Gear as an upgrade.
  11. Dreamessa New Member

I'm finding it hard to believe that these drops are on challenge mode only raid named, however seeing they haven't been discoed yet I wouldn't put it past soe.

Just out of curiosity has anyone run the tradeskill instances? I personally haven't, but thought I would ask seeing how they brought the trading company into the other new recipies....and yes I doubt it would be that easy.
  12. Sephyl New Member

Maybe they're combines made from other rare combines lmao...
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I just ran one to check. They still don't have current tier rares dropping in the chest, so I doubt there's anything brand new on the loot table.
  14. Rynada New Member

What bothers me in all of this, is that in the EQ2i Wiki on tradeskill apprentices the write up about the updates states "
    Recipes - All artisans - Level 95Edit

With the release of LU66, level 95 reactants and recipes have been made available to the existing Tradeskill Apprentices. Most of the recipes researched contain two versions of each item, a standard version and a "tempered" version. The standard versions require only reactants and harvestable materials, while the "tempered" versions require components that are obtained while adventuring in LU66 zones"

Then when you look at the list it specifically states that the Insignia Rings are STANDARD, which should mean that the materials needed to make the Insignia Rings should be HARVESTABLE.
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

If the ring components are harvestable could they be from special nodes in the new group/raid zone? Interesting question...have to try it.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You do know that the list was created by a player, don't you? (Specifically, it was this contributor - at least according to the revision history for the page.) None of the Insignia Rings has a separate tempered version and standard version - they are just the Insignia Rings. Therefore, they don't necessarily fit the paradigm for the standard/tempered versions.
  17. Sephyl New Member

They're on the marketplace for SC.
    Mindsway likes this.
  18. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Haha that would almost be preferable to not even seeing them for another month or more. :p
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

It took a little while for people to find all the steps to Epic Weapons. It wasn't a month though.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

True but that was just figuring stuff out, this is stuff that isn't even gonna drop for a while and even when it does it's probably gonna be a while until I see one because I'm a scrub.