Ingredients for Insignias of the Deep

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, May 5, 2013.

1. Ucala0 New Member

well I would assume the item you get for killing HM Tavalan would be used at a material for something

I would assume now that it has nothing to do with CS anyway, you probably have to look elsewhere for the materials
  2. Ranga Active Member

You miss the point entirely! They are best inslot on paper ONLY and will remain so until they can be made. If that is not until the next GU or expac, then they, like most of this stuff is a complete waste of dev and our time :(

Much better would be a mechanic like the Rancor that lets you have a chance at it; even if it is from the hardest mob in game atm. That way it is still achievable and remains tough to get.

Until then, silly little in-joke clues about it make it look like ..well...silly!
  3. Quabi Active Member

I doubt Kander's post is even meant as a silly clue, tbh.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree, he should have known that since the majority of the player base has latched onto the teat of being spoon fed everything that he should have just stated exactly where to go and get the items.

That's what you are after, correct?
    Pixistik and Feldon like this.
  5. Ranga Active Member

Nope! A few decent clues in narrative/questlines/lore would suffice. And if it didn't, a periodic update with less obtuse clues could be arranged. Here we are months later and still no one has a clue! That way he need have said nothing
  6. Sahkmet New Member

7. Feldon Well-Known Member

8. Quabi Active Member

So, it would appear that at least Drumstixx has a clue ;)
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Lol, Drums and Maergoth and I were still trying a bunch of random stuff late last night and I gave up and went to bed. Apparently they figured it out at some point. Or at least one of the areas. We were more after the psionic helm parts than the ring mats, but looks like they're connected.
    Quabi likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

:cool:
  11. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Yay! Heirloom mats a dream come true!:confused::mad::(o_O:eek:
  12. Ogdinmar Active Member

where do the psionic helm parts drop at. and any word on what they did to find the tidal sapphire?
  13. Lempo Well-Known Member

Doesn't prevent commission crafting, sounds like these might not come from a raid zone from Twyxx's post, then again they COULD, maybe it has to be a cleared zone, maybe it is obtained by using the destroy action on a vase/barrel etc in a raid zone.

In any event what happened here is some of the most dedicated players found it first, they persisted instead of resorting to coming to the forums and insisting it isn't in game that Kander is lying or made a mistake in saying they were, or Kander was being a spoil sport because he didn't direct them to the location with a waypoint and a wisp trail.

This is the same scenario that the unfair avatar monopolizing thread is based on.
    Deveryn and Dulcenia like this.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

Hopefully they won't tell.
    I see no reason why they should, any information beyond it was in a cleared raid zone or it was in open world is too much, they found it so can anyone else willing to search for hours and hours without turning on the faucets and letting the tears flow.
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

I can't say whether or not the info is in the narrative, the lore or other hints available in the game, just because they have been missed doesn't mean that they are obtuse, it could very well mean that the players are becoming more obtuse.

It will come out in the end though, and the result may be like ORLY we were expected to infer that? The result could also very well be a face palm where we are saying how did I not catch that.

You don't know, I don't know. I still think that

was an additional clue.

After the teaser post he made about the upcoming avatar changes I am certain of it.
    It is like I said earlier... He didn't provide a waypoint to them so people could follow a wisp trail so it wasn't good enough.
    Sad, actually disgusting really but that is what the game has dwindled down to because of SOE's willingness to cave after a thread reaches a certain threshold of whining.
  16. Dinwiz Active Member

my guess if you didnt kill genra hm you wont be able to get any parts of those helms and rings
  17. Ranga Active Member

That's not my point at all. My point is similar to the situations re Ry Gorr armor gems that were so very very rare they were non existant for months, same with Drunder and the drunder crafting etc, by the time those things could be enjoyed, the content was long since irrelevant. My view is that content should be able to be enjoyed whilst it is relevant.
    Guiscard and Daalilama like this.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If the past year is any indication, those items should be relevant for a long time.
  19. Lempo Well-Known Member

If by this you mean enjoyed by a significant number of th epopulation I'm pretty sure you are way off from the what the devs envisioned, this is best in slot stuff and not intended to be on a significant portion of the population.
    I'm sure word/hints will leak, someone else will find and the rate will increase more.

Comparing this to the Ry'Gorr armor gems is unreasonable.
    Quabi and Meirril like this.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. Prior to CoE everything added to the game had to be below plane of war gear. Rallos Zek still had the best toys. CoE marks the first point beyond that. If Dev isn't careful CoE content could be completely invalidated by itemization and content for the next expansion, kinda like how SS content was completely invalidated by CoE.