Ingredients for Insignias of the Deep

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, May 5, 2013.

1. Chronus Active Member

Looking at their stats, if they didn't have at least 1 component obtainable exclusively from HM raids, I'd be very annoyed.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I retract the idea (Chance to drop from the HM Heroic) on two grounds.

1) I was not aware the Brace dropped from the last mob could be upgraded though four iterations like Rancor. So there *is* at least a semi-decent carrot already at the end of the zone.

2) The zone is not as hard as I thought it was, once you get a feel for it. (For folks only mostly EM raid geared)
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with you however, after the second half of Skyshrine with the addition of Sleeper's Tomb group zone (which is still run daily to farm the crafting components) a precedent has been set so they really cant fall back on the only raid dropped component argument anymore.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

Being used to make the best in slot items there is nothing wrong with this. There is nothing wrong with having extremely rare items.
  5. Twyxx Well-Known Member

So...HM Gen'ra down and no ring mats. Guess they "surface" elsewhere.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

Grats on the WW#1.

Could still drop from that mob just not 100%
  7. Skwor Active Member

Being extremely rare is one thing. Never getting made before the next expansion is entirely another and if so will be an EPIC fail on SOE's part.
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Really doubt it. There are three ingredients and a HM Gen'ra kill (very challenging fight) isn't a guarantee of at least one of them dropping? Since you can't reforge them the rings are still decent, but not amazing. They're amazing to non-avatar killing players and you definitely need avatar gear to kill this mob. I think it's very likely these are out there somewhere else.
  9. Le Clown Active Member

rare harvests in CS.
  10. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

I was thinking this a couple weeks ago.
    A special, special harvest loot table?
  11. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Someone in game would've stumbled upon this by now.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Would they? It's possible something's been missed with the focus being on the instances.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Possibly but I've a core set in guild running every zone (even a few from drunder, etc due to the names on the components sounding like could come from there) and running round cobalt scar and few other places in search of "special" harvest nodes....to date we got some decent pvp fights but nothing else....if they are not drops from HM raid zone bosses then my guess regardless of what the devs say is they forgot to add them in....not the first time this type of thing has happened.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Or they are holding them back to build excitement, which btw for me has died, you can be in anticipation for just so long then you sag and move on lol
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

If it was just a harvest loot table then it would of been found in the first week as thousands of crafters harvested a few nodes while working on the TS quests.

One thing does occur to me though...what exactly does +10 refining do? This couldn't be...a rare refine could it?
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

+10 just lets you refine 10 from a stack. Nothing in the names of the items suggest a possible connection to refining a rare.
  17. Ucala0 New Member

Kander said they would "surface" soon, Tywxx said he went swimming. now iirc the quest for the recipes were near a cave. I would check the cave up and down tbh
  18. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Three of us went out and checked everything we could think of today. I cleared out the walking dead Othmir cave again today if that's the one you mean. We searched the sea, killed Gen'ris, cleared Alluring Embrace, checked every inch of Dissension, looked for new quests, talked to all the cs npc's, etc. We were looking for either the helm mats or the ring mats (similar apparently). And...nothing.
  19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to believe they didn't put them in game between what Twyxx has stated his group/guild did and what others and myself have done we've pretty much covered every possible conceived location and nothing.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Remember the Froglok fiasco? Could this be a similar situation?