Ingredients for Insignias of the Deep

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mindsway, May 5, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I take it they are raid zone drops, the brick of runic metal, tidal sapphire, and mote of everburning coal? I haven't seen them yet but then again my guild hasn't killed any of the new named yet. Have they dropped? How rare are they? Only from named or does trash drop them too? Anyone? Bueller?
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Not sure a dev said something to the effect they drop out of grp zones....havent seen any drop out of the em group zones and only started runing the challenged mode zone last few days.
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Cleared hm heroic 9 times now and no insignia drops. Guessing they're gonna be from hm x4 if they haven't been disco'd yet.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

So far they aren't showing up in eq2u or lootdb, if that means anything.
  5. Mendelvian New Member

Maybe this is going to be something beyond just getting drops from any level of zone (solo, group, raid).

It may be possible that once you learn the recipe for the Insignia rings that your TS apprentice gives you another quest or sends you to another NPC to get the quest. Then perhaps you go on some very long tradeskill related quest or something like that. Maybe even some series of quests to get recipes to make the three components to make the Insignia rings. It is possible that they are not direct drops at all!

Could be very interesting to see just what you have to do to get one of these new rings.
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'll know by tomorrow but I highly doubt it's a quest reward.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Could be an interesting trade skill perk that you could only see the components drop in a zone if you've researched the recipes prior....
  8. Mendelvian New Member

Recipe knowledge rolling in big time now. I got the Insignia rings recipe this week and still no sign of anything.

No drops of the materials on EQ2U, no obvious special quest to get or find out how to make the ingredients.

Another thought is maybe we have to have finished to Coldain Insignia ring collection or something like that?
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Well its either one of two basic areas I can think of the items drop from the group zones but are of such a low drop rate think pow war drapes that no one has disco'd them yet or they come from the new raid and no one has discovered them yet
  10. Lament Active Member

Given 9 are required (3 of each) It seems unlikely that they will be that rare.

I think they are either a) not in game b) require some flag to see them drop. I am working on getting all my crafters earring'ed / shawled / handed this weekend and see what happens ^_^

As they were said to be obtainable from Heroic runs, my working theory is a 1 per run shiny that only a 95 / 95 adv / TS with certain questlines complete can see?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hasn't happened for me on the few CB instance runs I've done so far. We've seen the drops for the tempered recipes, but none for the insignia.
    It's possible they're from the challenge zone, as I haven't run that yet, but I know others have.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The items as far as I can tell have not been disco'd....guildie did a petition on them and apparently the response was we understand that these crafting components are hard to come by and are forwarding the petition up to the devs to review...i.e. they forgot to put them into the game.
  13. Seni Active Member

That would explain a lot, if that were the case. I've been following here and looking high and low for the little buggers..
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Nothing on them in update notes for the 14th...
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

These rings are the only thing I was wanting to get in this expansion and nobody can find the materials for it, I have already researched the recipe.
  16. Laiina Well-Known Member

As of the 14th I still see no disco or any other listing for these on EQ2U, so I suspect they were somehow left out of the game.
  17. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Do you have a source on that?
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Man, when I ask folks to cite their sources, I get accused of not knowing very much about EQ2. :eek:

(At least by one certain person - whose forum name starts with M and looks like it is pronounced in a similar manner to the disease that is Latin for bad air.) :rolleyes:
  19. Kander Developer

These are definitely in game. I am sure they will surface. /grin
    Mindsway likes this.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Okies cool, thanks. Can you please give us a hint as to where, such as raid zones or ?