How to efficiently invite Niboota to tour your home!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, May 14, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, one of my best (believe it!) jobs with my actual college degree was at our county natural history museum, where my supervisor and I were working out of a warehouse, since our specimens were really large, so we needed lots of room. Still not big enough to include the Bug Room, though, where we kept the dermestid beetles chewing on things we wanted them to chew on (much easier to get all the bits off of bones that way; put 'em in there and forget it, just have to take care of the bugs). That was in a separate container out on the grounds. First day, my super hands me my keys and says one of my jobs as the new kid was taking care of the Bug Room every day. "Unlock the lock," ("Check!"), "unlatch the door--" ("Check--" /open_door "AIUGH!") "--and step back as you open it..."

Remember that scene in the Star Trek episode, "Trouble with Tribbles"? It's a lot cuter when Kirk gets inundated by fake fur balls... X-P

Uwk
    who still grumbles at the dam' roaches, since they loved to eat dermestid adults, larvae, and eggs, but never took up the job the bugs were doing... :-/
    Seefar likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, isn't there a "Bug Swarm" sort of thing from like Nights of the Dead or whatever? I thought I remember seeing that once, or something similar; it was either a Tile or a "pet"?

Uwk
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

:eek: That sounds remarkably disgusting.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was never too fond of them after that... :-/

Uwk
    Niboota likes this.
  5. Niboota Well-Known Member

Bumping this for the new wave of folks inviting me to tour!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it's okay to do the Sacred Spaces yet, here's this info (shoot me down if I'm wrong):
    • Designer: Uwkete
    • Owner: Peklochlapec [peck-LOCH-la-peck, like the Loch Ness Monster, I think; maybe like the "o" in "poke"]
    • Server: Crushbone
    • Any special notes or comments you would like me to include in the video, or anything you just want to share with me conversationally. (I am especially fond of stories and lore!)
    He's got a big book, prominently displayed for the judges, and only about a page and a half. Easy reading. If I'd gotten this done in time for your Brewday tours...ah well, I have it ready-ish now. It's still a bit under construction, but that's pretty much deliberate. ;->

And I think I saw one of your relatives upstairs in the main room on the second floor, Niboota... ;->

Uwk

EDIT: was just re-checking the origin of Pek's name, and it might be more pronounced like pekLO-chlapec, where the "o" probably is like the one in "poke" (and I'm not sure where the actual accent falls)...I'd forgotten which elements I used for it. According to Google Translate, it's either Czech or Slovak. ;->
    Kittybock and Niboota like this.
  7. Zukira Member

Well... time I got over my 'nerves' I managed to bring myself to publish some stuff. so.... tour invite time. The top one is the one I'd most like featured. One's a home that I was commissioned to do as well.

• Designer: Zukira
    • Owner: Mursi
    • Location: Freeport Prestige Portal - Dojo Tender Mercy's (leaderboards this would be under small homes)
    • Server: AB
    • Mursi is an assassin who is also a provisioner. Everything she cooks is spiced with poisons, aphrodisiacs or antidotes. She's very fond of saying that not having dessert is the worst thing someone can do to themselves. As such, since she started to run this tiny little couples retreat/bed and breakfast/private dining establishment she's made certain that only dessert has the antidotes in it. I've been told that some visitors have a little trouble coming out from behind the curtain that goes into the little bedroom. You may need to jump a bit to get onto the desk, since apparently the aquarium is a butt blocker.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Owner: Zecora

• Location: Freeport 1 Justice Road - A Touch of Country (large homes)

• This is a first home. My favourite bit is the aquarium. Zecora is also fond of sitting up on the extended balcony and enjoying the night sky over Freeport. (I only in the past couple of years found out that there is also an MLP character that shares Zecora's name. I'd created a D&D character by that name 15-20 years ago.)

• Owner: Kurregan

• Location: Qeynos Prestige Portal - Ethernere Enclave: Tunare's Secret Shrine (SS2015) (massive homes)

• This is my Sacred Spaces entry. No building blocks were used creating the home. Kurregan's a Swashie Fae who for a very long time tried to deny that Tunare blessed her with an extremely green thumb and a knack for opening small portals into facets of time. This home is a snapshot in time of the moment when Galeth Veredeth was seeking the blessings of Tunare in his search for Firiona Vie. A full rundown of what the lore is that the house is based on is in the book at the entrance.

• I spent 4 days grinding the status to buy a Tunare Avatar plush for the house. She's sitting atop the waterfall overlooking all who come to seek her blessings.
    • There is a second book. The Call to Tunare's Children" that was written for the 2014 Faydwer Faire plunked away in a nook.
    • The house was designed with flora turned off.
    • Taller characters may see through the outside of the tunnel leading to the shrine proper.
    • Give it plenty of time to load. the intended viewing area is all enclosed. 800+ items
    • There are tons of plushies (141 including 2 house actors and the Tunare avatar) wandering around. One day I saw a herd migration headed outside the enclosure so you may or may not see them all on your visit.

• Owner: Poochi (Commissioned design)

• Client wanted a bar, a smoking room, an observatory, an arena, a throne room and a fish tank. The arena is on a breakout. There's also the seaside walk, which is just a couple trees added to the harbour view. Not really worth going to see as nothing major was done down there. (Unpublished so far as I know.... but last time I knew it had sales crates so may be visitor access still)
    Thanks for what you do. I always have enjoyed your videos
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

Glad you got over your nerves!! I'll add you to my list! :)
    I always love to hear when someone is enjoying my videos! Thank you!
  9. Lurge Annenchurge New Member

You are invited to Tour Smoke and Mirrors Tavern any time you wish Niboota ! Its a recreation of the old RP venue I had a long time ago on Lucan D'lere and figured id get it rebuilt and published (after much poking and prodding by Zukira and other Members of Dreamwalker)
    • House: Smoke and Mirrors Tavern
    • Designer: Sevarious Splinterclaw (my Original character from Lucan D'lere
    • Owner: Lurge Annenchurge
    • Location: Listed under Lurge at Timorous Heights, Gorowyn (right beside the guild house/crafting area)
    • Server: Antonia Bayle
    • Notes - If you get stuck in the maze or are not fond of mazes, I did include teleporters or can lead you through it if im around
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds big! Is Timorous Heights a 6-room place (I stink at equating the names to the number of rooms...) you can break out of? :)

Uwk
  11. Niboota Well-Known Member

Got you on the list! :)
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Seefar Well-Known Member

What is this 'breakout'? Is it like breakdancing?
  13. Zukira Member

a break out is where you use teleport pads to access more of the 'mini zone' that the house is part of. usually this means you'll find places where you are going to fall through the world, but there is also a fair bit typically, of viable property for extending the house. The items placed there still count towards the house total, Sometimes when you break out of the house you'll find those pieces of furniture that went 'missing' because of the house eating them, if you look in just the right places. For example, in the big freeport house, if you stand by a set of steps, on the harbour side of the house and look up towards the balcony and you've got items the house ate, you'll see them floating overhead.

If you choose to breakdance in a breakout, that is fine too.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In The Decorator's Resource thread in this forum, you'll find (if memory serves) a link to an awesome list of all the various breakout locations by coordinates (x,y,z; the numbers you'll see if you put your cursor on your on-screen compass in the game). Most of them are in either prestige houses (which you can buy on The Marketplace for Station Cash--er, Daybreak Games Cash, or whatever they're calling it now) or in the biggest houses in the cities, the 6-room places (6- and 7-room in Kelethin).

There are, supposedly, other ways to break out of other types of houses, but it's really tricky to do unless you're a really experienced decorator; I have yet to do so successfully. :-/

One reason to get the biggest houses...you get enough Treasure Hoard chests off the Loyalty Merchants in the cities, and they become rent-free. :)

Uwk
  15. Seefar Well-Known Member

/puzzled... I have a napartment in Fish's Alehouse and Inn in Qeynos Harbor. I put four Treasure Hoard chests in there (25% each rent reduction), and the apartment is rent-free -- but it's not one of the 'biggest houses'... ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk! Not what I meant; I mean, the biggest houses cost so much in rent, if you get the four Treasure Hoard chests in one, you won't have to worry about the high rent, so even that isn't a reason not to get the biggest houses! Sorry to be confusing... :-/

Uwk
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Seefar Well-Known Member

Ah, I see what you mean now. Whether rent is high or low, those Treasure Hoard chests are worth their weight in gold, as it means that anyone wishing to visit my home to avoid the broker fee won't be disappointed :)

@Niboota -- sorry for the off-topic detour!
  18. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

• Message me here on the forums, or via Facebook, Live Journal, or niboota AT gmail.com, or list your home/s here in this thread (thank you seefar for that idea)
    • Designer: Slipps Smallcorners & Kaennara
    • Owner: Slipps
    • Location: Vale of Halfpint Delight, South Qeynos, under Slipps
    • Any special notes or comments: The farm is named in honor of a past Vagabond Knights member, Rose Gubbens.
    This home is set up as a small farm that invites folks in for apple, pumpkin, grape picking. There are hayrides, apple bobbing, a small shop for farm fresh goodies, picnic spots and tables to enjoy those same goodies. Also on the medium homes leaderboards as VK's Gubbens' Family Farm.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

How to efficiently invite Niboota to tour your home?? Heh, I email her.

Okay, I will post like a real Kitty. Give me a few :)
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

• Kitty's Veeshan Vineyard, AB, Massive
    • Designer: Kitty (hehe, I had to do that)
    • Owner: Kittaene
    • Comments:
      • For those visiting and when I visit homes, I make sure to enable NPC say...otherwise the House Actors are just "fluff" Sometimes, they have a bit of advice or may be part of the story.
      • Although you can fly in the home, I recommend going at a nice pace.
    Stop by and I will pour you a glass!

Cheers!

Kitty