How to efficiently invite Niboota to tour your home!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, May 14, 2015.

1. Elduren Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, you must come a-viewing!

There are quite a few to choose from now, and a wide range of difficulty in the challenges. Al'Bacquackie is probably my 'magnum opus' and has the toughest puzzles. I need to do a new consolidation thread, especially as some of the houses are owned by alts and could be tougher to find in the hall of fame.

Other ones owned by Elduren include the Epic Frostfail Plot, The World Builder's Workshop, Double-Oh-Dear and What I Did On My Holidays. The Clue-stylee whodunit and the medical one are definitely alt properties, but I've no idea who owns what now!

There's always the Zero Hours Heroes guildhall (T2 in Freeport) open for visitors too!

And for the record, I'm a him!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've seen the medical one and done The World Builder's Workshop, Double-Oh-Dear and am working on What I Did On My Holidays with my Splitpaw alts, and have done others in the past, including one on a Tenebrous Tangle Retreat island place that was very much like Clue, but I'm not sure if that one's still up.

And definitely, yeah, Niboota, visit! They're wonderful places! Very complex! Don't miss anything! ;)

Uwk
    Merriel and Niboota like this.
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

I've seen your posts here on the forums. They DO look awesome! I'll make my way to the Al'Bacquackie sometimes soon! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  4. Gaediianiel Member

hi niboota!
    got another house for you. i've had this one for a while but haven't put it on your list. i'm the owner and designer of this house. it's a Tenebrous Island on the Q side on the AB server. it's one of the first houses i built. i modeled it after Oak Alley Plantation in Louisiana. it's called "Gaedii's Oak Alley Retreat" on the leaderboard. hope you like it :)
    gaediianiel
  5. Niboota Well-Known Member

Thanks for the invite Gaedii! I'll start a Gaedii housing list :).
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Rivenly Well-Known Member

I would love for you to add the Heroes Fate Clubhouse to your tour list!

House: Heroes Fate Clubhouse
    • Designer:Rivenly
    • Owner: Rivenly
    • Server: Stormhold
    • Notes: My favorite things are the soda machine, water cooler and custom art piece in the kitchen, as well as the patio sets out on the back pool deck. I am not happy with the lighting though, as it can be pretty dark if you don't have your lighting settings turned up.
  7. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Niboota,
    I have been working on a lengthy project. I am calling it my Everfrost Linked Community Project. You were gracious enough to do a video tour of my Residence of The Blades home: Bladekeep. While I am no where near finished with the 14 linked everfrost homes. All of which will leave you saving, "This was done in an Everfrost Summer Home?" I would like to invite you to visit them once I am done. I know you have a lot of homes on the list, but no worries; it will be sometime before I am done with the last 7 homes.

The project ties in all the homes together as a traveling experience. One home will have a link to another home that is created in a way that they tie into the previous/next house. It is kinda like an exploration adventure through a housing means. I don't want to give too much away, but to explain what I mean: First House is a Qeynos Apartment Complex with links to a couple of apartments (individual linked homes), a sewer grate that links to sewers below Qeynos and even a linked home that is the Apartment's Pool area. That is just a tad of what is going on with this community. Each house ties in my family of toons, their race/class/profession and their personalities. I hope you will be able to make a series of tours for these homes when I am complete.

Also, does anyone know if they still do the Dev Picks? One house in particular is like no other house ever created in EQ2. A few close friends have seen it (they feel it is extremely unique and hope It will become a Dev Pick), but keeping it a secret until the project is complete. At which time, I would love to submit it for the Dev Picks.

Thanks so much for your contribution to our community,
    Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul Server
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll definitely have to visit your linked and pathed houses when you're done, Vas! I have an idea myself to link a bunch of houses (well, at least 3-4...) to each other in sequence, following the verses of a song I really, really love. One stumbling block I've had with it is that when you have teleport pads, your visitors can go just about anywhere with them, whether they should or not, unless you've got your "path" stops numbered. Likewise, when someone wants to leave a house, if there are portals to other houses in there, they don't have to choose the "next one" on the list, and I can't remember if you name the house something, like "Second Star on the Right" or "Take the Fifth" that it will show up on the list of houses that come up in the Leave window, or if the default official designations will, like "Valor Homestead" or whatever. :(

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok, Niboota, I finally got this house published after working on it for two or three years. :D

Mistmoore Crags Estate, Freeport side, Maj'dul server, Owner is Pvsspvss N'Boots, Decorator is Daemora. It's currently #1 under Newly Published, but we know it won't stay there. Name of home is A Retreat of the Sisterhood and it's listed under Massive Homes.

Ugh, yes, another massive home filled to almost the max, but as I said, I started on it quite some time ago, and had already created an extra room in the place even, before I learned just how 'dangerous' that can be. Although I did break out a while back, I decided not to decorate in the break out area, so I closed that off again. I do have teleporter pads in the house, but recommend traveling through the house carefully, so as not to get trapped under stairs or other places...allow things to render fully. There are house actors, and once again I tried to be humorous in naming them, lol. Not all the house actors perform actions or speak. I have left a parchment with acknowledgements and a book with some tour information on a table in the foyer, though the order in which you tour this home is not of any particular importance...you can visit whichever area's you like in any order you like. :)

Hmm I just realized I had intended to add a bit of a back story in the book, but forgot to do so, lol. I'll just add it here.

Pvsspvss is a neutral character, and I perceive her as being neutral in every sense of the word. I do not perceive her as being noncholant or indifferent to either Queen Antonia Bayle or Lucan D'lere, but rather, she is quite respectful of both as leaders of their people, and she would be willing to assist either of them in their attempts to protect their citizens.This is reflected in what I call the Void Room, or Room of Neutrality in her home. This particular home is set up to represent the Sisterhood and to recognize and honor Queen Antonia Bayle for all her efforts as a sister. This does not mean, however, that Pvsspvss would not do the same for Lucan D'lere and recognize him for his efforts to support his people as well. It is simply just not the theme of this particular event in her home to do so. Perhaps in the future I will set up another home and 'event' to recognize him.

Although my past homes were not set up and designed with a particular character of mine in mind, this home was specifically set up to reflect Pvsspvss and her traits as a neutral character. Pvsspvss has amassed a great amount of prestige and wealth, which allows her to rub elbows with the nobility throughout Norrath. This wealth is reflected in the vast amount of artwork she has collected and placed on display throughout the home. When I first obtained this home, my first thought was to create an art gallery, but then I decided I didn't want just a traditional art gallery, hence why it became a retreat for the Sisterhood. :)
    Niboota and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

hi Niboota, I'm just updating the server part since I post it before the servers merged. ;) hope to check it out soon. :D

• Designer: Tenchigirl15
    • Owner: Justina Lynn
    • Server: skyfire
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hi Niboota

My Estate of Unrest Hotel is already on your list but if you're over Splitpaw way I have a couple of others for you:-

Designer - Febrith
    Owner - Febrith
    Location - Feb's Fancy Frostfell Hideaway (Snowy Dwelling) South Qeynos or under Massive Homes
    Notes:- Pick your own chalet and put your feet up!

Also:-

Designer - Febrith
    Owner - Febrimski
    Location - Feb's Darklight Palace & Gardens currently no 62 in the Hall of Fame or entrance via South Q
    Notes:- Rimski says please don't feed the little mushroom men tending the gardens after midnight!
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

Merriel I just flew over to Maj Dul to check out the houses on my list and didn't get any further than your Retreat of the Sisterhood on this visit - there is literally so much to see that I ran out of time. Not wishing to gush or anything but WOW. I really hope Niboota goes to this house - it's just lovely - I particularly adored your Moon Garden and the whole new floor of the Grand Ballroom - those windows! There's really too much of interest to mention but it's totally FABulous:)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Aww thank you, Febrith, for the compliments and praise. I really appreciate that, and your coming to visit too. :)
    Niboota and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Aww Niboota must be working a lot of hours. Miss seeing her post in these forums. I hope all is well with you, Niboota. :)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Either that, or she's doing a ton of videos and will release them all at once! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  16. Niboota Well-Known Member

Thank you for thinking of me Merriel :).
    I am INSANELY busy working. I need moneys for my real house! When I have some free time, all I want to do is sleep, or lay around in bed in my P.J.s and vegg out on a movie or an episode of Star Trek TNG, which usually leads to me falling alseep LOL. I have logged into the game a few times, but not for very long, and then I'm catching up with guild mates in voice chat. I took a week off in March and plan to take more time off in April. I WILL be power touring LOL. In the mean time though, I'm going to try to slip in a video here and there. My list has gotten REALLY long... :confused:.
  17. Niboota Well-Known Member

This will happen between March 8th and 16th! I took a week off work!
  18. Niboota Well-Known Member

Thank you! I always appreciate it when designers take the time to help me keep my designer lists updated! I've been working on making complete lists for each designer I visit, which I'm adding to my journal links, in case my followers want to visit homes by their favorite designers, that I haven't toured in a video! I think I might be obsessed with cataloging things hehe ;).
  19. Niboota Well-Known Member

Hi Febrith! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond! Thank you for updating your housing list! I will add these to my Febrith list as soon as I get home! :)
  20. Niboota Well-Known Member

Cool! I will add this to my Merriel list and come check it out!

Thanks for the warning! I'll be careful... we Trolls have to watch our heads you know! ;)

Love back story!

I love all the in game art myself. Can't blame you at all for being tempted by a gallery,