Harvesting Changes Coming

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Frizznik, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Baubo@Unrest wrote:
    When the meat were removed in T8, the recipe using them were only max health or max power type, with no stats and faction recipes used by raiders. So it's something adventurers can use and they're supposd to bring their meat. Meat-using recipes are never used n writs.
    It stayed the same in T9, with meat on the mobs but there was the roper problem: very few ropers around dropping meat. So meat was added to the harvesters and then to the pony, which fills the need of getting those meats. I think it was a pretty good idea: no tailors screaming they get only meat and no provisionner screaming they get only pelts.

On the casting reduction part, I would support the idea of adding a 0.5s reduction on the harvesting cloak. That way, high level casters will get the reduction through regular gear (as it is now) but lowbie adventurers/high level crafters will have a high level piece of gear giving them the reduction too.
  2. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

With this revamp, will the speed of Collecting also be increased? It's very slow at the moment and you have to be almost on top of the ? to collect it. Making the distance from the ? further for collecting would be great, so often i run up to it, grey hand, wiggle closer, grey hand, wiggle closer, grey hand, wiggle and completely hide the node, have to swivel camera around to get a clear view and a lock and a pink hand. Collect ? phew!
    Perhaps the harvesting tools could also work for collecting as well as trapping, mining etc maybe make the pitiful harvesting time reduction worthwhile?
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

tkia wrote:
    Increasing harvest skills doesn't actually do anything after a certain point. Please see my post above.
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    supported!
  5. ARCHIVED-PSmith Guest

Aelfan wrote:
    Or, how about we also get meat and hides by killing the animals. Or killing the treants. Or the elementals. (Elementals and treants really should also have increased chances of giving their tier-appropriate rate.)
  6. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

PSmith wrote:
    +1 THIS!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    rivervale is the *only* zone wherein getting the meat is torture for gathering obsession. they made rivervale too pelt heavy. this is being discussed in another thread, too. bbs with link.

EDIT: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=499333
    maybe it was just me and a couple of other ppl discussing it bc i didnt realize it was being discussed here. it takes 6-10hrs of actual harvesting time finish rivervale and thats only bc of the meats. those ratios are messed up.
  8. ARCHIVED-arohanui Guest

Aaaaah! I just spent an evening gathering in Rivervale on my baby warden... should have checked here first, then waited. Great news though! Thank you! :)
  9. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    This. A hundred times this. I spend hours and hours harvesting, and I can't agree more with this assessment.
    edit: What about adornments for our harvesting gear? Such as ones that boost the chance to get rares, or affect our harvesting time or something like that? THAT would be a reward I'd like to have, personally.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Tigress wrote:
    It only takes hours to do rivervale if you 1) can't wander the entire zone or 2) have to compete with others doing the shawl at the same time. Recently I had a level 90 sage with shawl and 5 points in bountiful harvest do gathering obsession from 1 to 9 in 2 days. While rivervale took a long time, Nek forest actually took longer. Probably because the nodes in nek forest are really messed up and are spawning underground in half of the zone. (if your trying to do Gathering Obsession I strongly suggest the area with Owlbears and Giants near the commonland's zone)
    It did take an entire orbit around the zone for me to get enough dens to get all the meat. Meat was the very last thing I needed. I'd estimate that it took about an hour. I was the only person in rivervale when I did this.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sylistra Guest

My SO will go out, in his Cloak and he will get 15 + rares in a night. Such as tonight, he went out and in the space of an hour and a half, got 4 rares.

I will go out, dragging my reluctant Far Sea's Unicorn, clad in my cloak, wearing my shiny earring of the solstice and in my harvesting gear, which let me tell you, if you are a templer, makes killing stuff a trial in tears, and I can get 0 rares in the same amount of time.

I have worked my little backside off to get all this wonderful shiny gear to help with harvesting and it does ..... nadda. Some days I feel like I should just skip merrily along wearing nothing but a fig leaf or three and I will get more rares.. and also possibly die a heck of a lot more as well
  12. ARCHIVED-Beermizer Guest

I am against any change that makes it any easier or faster at lower levels than it is right now.
    If you want to make changes to make it more fun thats fine but easier or faster does not mean more fun. Some would argue that it just becomes boring faster.
    Instead of trying to change the game as it works now (nerfing as most see it) focus on new ideas.
    Things like:
    Nodes have a chance to proc (buff you) with tempory speed or skill increases thoughout all levels.
    Nodes have a chance to spawn a NPC that will trade a rare for a certain number of normal harvests (you must have them on you and you only have like 60 secs to except the chance to turn them in for the rare).
    Nodes have a chance to spawn a hidden buried treasure (could be a small amount of coin or a advanced book or spell).
    Make tradeskill enhancement gear, skills, etc actully mean something so people have a reason to spend time to get them and everyone has the same chance to get and use them because they have a purpose.
    Time to think outside the box, stop making changes to things that are working and fix things that are broken.
  13. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    @Sylistra:
    Ohhh... i know that one. We have a Guildmember which we are suspecting that if she just strolls along, every Harvest Node in their way just throws the rares at her feet... because she gets more Rares in an hour as i get in a week. :)
    @Beermizer:
    Nice Ideas. I don't know how hard or how easy to implement, but maybe a Dev may get also other Ideas out of them.
    Regards, theriatis.
  14. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Amarillan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I have sometimes wondered if the more gear you have enhancing harvesting, the fewer rares you will get. It sure seems that way. It's probably just the RNG, but still.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

Frizznik wrote:
    Please consider removing the cap on the minimum harvesting time, or at least reducing the cap. If I plan my race to take advantage of racial trair, or pay to change my race (like I did on at least one character), so I can use them, when combined with harvesting tools, it should provide some benefit.
    If you don't remove the cap, at least lower it to like 1.5 seconds. You're not changing the rate at which nodes spawn, you're making it possible to, with items and abilities, reduce your harvesting time a bit more, which seems harmless but something beneficial to those who work to improve their harvesting experience.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Not to drag up an old topic, but there was a theory that went something like this:
    Each character, at time of creation, gets a "Random Number Generator (RNG) Modifier".. All through the life of the character, the RNG is affected by this modifier. This means that, like life, some characters are just more lucky than others.

I've seen enough events in game that support this theory not to laugh so much any more.. I game with the same small (less than 10) group of people nightly, and have since EQ2 opened, and we started level 1's.. We've made the progression, from 1's to 90's multiple times.
    Across multiple accounts, we each seem to have at least one character who is "blessed"... When that character is in group, they will (1) win more items, (2) roll higher /randoms, and (3) fill their bags first. When we're out harvesting, they will always harvest more rares.. It's happened way too often to be a myth any more..By the end of the night, the volume of drops may be close, but the "blessed" character will always get loot first, fill up their bags first, and roll the higher /randoms.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    Already announced on page 7-ish:
    Frizznik wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-GothicHeart Guest

After actually going through 10 pages on this subject, I have noticed not one person has mentioned anything about the actual "spawn timer" of nodes in various zones, which I think definately needs looking in to.
    For example,, I was out harvesting yesterday and the day before in various zones for the sole purpose of restocking my coffer of rares. I have no problem pulling a good amount of rares on any toon I harvest with, but DO notice that the rate at which harvest nodes respawn seems to be a bit out of balance. I was harvesting in Everfrost mainly because the nodes seem to take forever to respawn in Rivervale,, but why do the nodes in Tenebrous Tangle repop so quickly and it seems like it takes forever for nodes to repop in Rivervale, or even Zek or Enchanted Lands or Nektulos Forest?
    Personally I would love to see the repop rate of Tenebrous Tangle happen in every zone, as it seems nodes there have a rapid respawn rate.
    I would also love for there to be "harvestable house item fish" that come from fish nodes, similar to the house item plant harvests in the Velious zones. Would be nice since fish nodes do not spawn "rares", perhaps the "rare" would be that "house item fish" giving those of us to like to make fish tanks other types of fish to work with other then sharks or other deadly species. Perhaps something like a few harmless tropical type fish would be nice (hint hint) ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Tallithia Guest

I would like to see the ability to harvest from treants, golems and animals to get leathers. Sems a shame to kill an NPC and not be able to harvest it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shyftyshadow Guest

This has probably been mentioned but it would be nice to be able to have your character automatically harvest a node until it has been fully depleted. I played another game that did this and I thought it was nice since I didn't have to repeatedly click the node.
    Great changes though. Especially directing new players to Qho.