GNG18

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, May 10, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think it's up to the decoratee? Some folks don't care one way or the other (whatever the decorator would like to do is cool with them; I've got a possible decoratee like that); some really would like the theme explored (my other possible decoratee is a massive TF fan ;->); others would like everything but. ;->

Aney/Ealdian, your thoughts? :)

Uwk
    Contessia and Jelloshot like this.
  2. Jelloshot Member

I don't think that's a stupid question at all. I was kinda wondering the same thing. Like, can we use few little accent pieces or does it have to look like we tripped and fell face first into a steampunk universe lol
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Again, it's probably up to whatever's in the decoratee's book (hence, the requirement! :D I totally agree with Aney and Ealdian on that one); we had a challenge once from Niboota that was a post-apocalyptic future scenario, and while most did tinker-y things, not everyone did. ;->

What I'd also recommend is to look at last year's videos of the GNG17 buildings; some hardly even have any Tinkerfest elements at all, while others went all out. :)

Uwk
    Contessia and Jelloshot like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

HEY! I LOVE STEAMPUNK! That being said. . . Umm. . I think we can do whatever we want or whatever our decoratee
    wants .I mean it is their house. If they want us to fall face first into the Steampunk universe then so be it!

(sent my info)
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

Its usually up to the home owner they said what they'd like to see. I normally leave it up to decorator, but I try to either leave info or any ideas I have for the home.
  6. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Ummm...I'm gonna have to defer to the great and powerful Aney. I am just here for moral support and encouragement.
  7. Sennetta Active Member

SOOO in runs off to see what home is to be used
  8. Contessia Active Member

I'm already planning out ideas and we haven't even started ,,,
    Do most people like regular homes or prestige ohes?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For swaps? I've done one prestige place and a rent-free "magical" place (maybe two, if that one of Wizzam's in New Halas was in that category; it's been awhile), and if I'm going to do something that big, I really, desperately need a story or a major theme, which I was lucky enough to have/develop (one was for Tinkerfest, one for Erollisi Day, and one for Frostfell). Generally, I just submit my li'l 2-room places for folks to decorate (and gotten amazing results from my decorators! :D), though hopefully I've learned to not keep my main travel and sales hub(s) out of commission while they're being decorated. :-/

Uwk
    elflover and Contessia like this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

I still need to find which toon and what house omg ..slacking lol..got caught up ina new project.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know the feeling! That's why I wracked my brains first to decide (sort of) on which toon(s), then went on to my gotta-do-something-else-NOW-project-while-waiting house... :D

Uwk
    elflover likes this.
  12. Contessia Active Member

Ok dokie, I'm thinking of a Freeport non stair home. I know that's small. My sprocket and mist seem too much right now,,
    Btw if any one needs player made keys for 100 expand I have bags,, yep bags full so.
    I don't have all recipes but have citymist and sprocket. My alchemy can now do the flask. Always willing to help.
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

On AB I have ALL the house item recipes including Dhalgar, City of Mist and Sprocket building blocks plus the player writable notebooks/notes/scrolls. I also have all six city factions and a bunch of the other factions. I have all 9 crafting epic weapons and the nine of the shadow line items like the bubbling flask. I do have too many storage dungeons. I do have some spare house actors and house expanders.

On all other servers I do have the Dhalgar, City of Mist and Sprocket building blocks but probably need mats since those Building characters are just touring characters but most are pretty high level crafters that have the holiday recipe books.

If you need something, just send Ocarinah on AB a tell if online or mail to her (yes you can send across server mail if there is no attachments by entering in Antonia_bayle.ocarinah instead of plain Ocarinah). I do have an Ocarinah character on every server so make sure to include antonia_bayle. in front of Ocarinah because I am very bad at checking any of my other characters mail. I still have all of Building's house actor houses still up (haven't organized yet) that you can ask for trustee access if you need other decorators or friends of homeshow's appearance. Lots of people have access so if you ask homeshow hopefully someone is around that can give you trustee access. If not, contact me by tell or mail. Be sure to put your appearance on a house actor as well. If there isn't an empty one and you don't have one to donate, please ask homeshow first for help or contact me. Please allow a couple of days cuz I haven't been online every day due to health issues.
  14. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, I am back!!

First, there are never any stupid questions!! Hopefully everyone will put a book in their house that will give you an idea about their character and what they like. Some may be heavy into Tinkerfest, some may want a little of everything or just leave it up to their Decorator. Some may have a theme and you can just go from there. Creativity with what you can come up with is the fun part :)

The sign up deadline will be June 3rd, so plenty of time to see if you will be able to participate and/or figure out what house you would like to submit.

A big thank you to Ocarinah, that is very generous to offer your help! (Let's make sure not to abuse her kindness) Please let her know if you need anything and I encourage you to have a house actor in her Building house on your server. This has helped me and will probably help you! And as always, feel free to ask in the Homeshow Channel as well.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Looking forward to another awesome event with all of you!!!

Aney~
  15. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Contessia on Skyfire has offered to make expander Keys and books if anyone needs!

Thank you Contessia!!
    Maronga and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! :) And the only "stupid question" is the one that isn't asked. ;->

Amen! Thanks, Contessia! :D

Uwk
  17. blackjack Well-Known Member

Thanks kindly for offering your skills. I'm on AB, signed up, and definitely missing quite a few recipes and factions access. I'll keep you in mind should I need help. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Nikua New Member

I had so much fun on doing my first swap HHE18 ... that I'm back for a second round!! Email will be to you shortly Aney!! Now to choose which character / house to sign up for the swap. WHEEEEEEE!!!

I am on Skyfire and my decorator is Sugarface ... I am more than happy to help with making things if someone doesn't have a recipe for a house item they need made. She seems to be a collector of recipes hehe. (you can always send in game mail to Sugarface / Nikua / Rhiandrin for the items :) I also have many factions done to buy furniture off the merchants ... ie: Que'llule / Kerra / Hua Mein)
  19. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hi All!

11 more days to sign up!
    New to decorating? (Check) Like to decorate? (Check) Have an empty house? (Check) Bored? (Check)

That is all that is needed :) And of course your imagination!

All servers are welcomed to participate.

Please let me know if you are interested!

Thanks,
    Aney~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All servers? Like...Public Test? :eek:

Now they tell me...if there's interest, is it too late for me to add another one to my list? ;->

Uwk