GNG18

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, May 10, 2018.

1. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Haha too funny on that shirt!

I am with you Blackjack. I am waiting on some events but have more done than I thought I would at this point. I am usually the last one to turn in :) And nothing wrong with getting feedback for sure!!!

OH, Dancing Othmirs, now there is an idea :D
  2. Jelloshot Member

So what you're saying is that the next swap theme should be EODB - Epic Othmir Dance Battles! I'm so down with that. :D
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've done that a couple of times, even going so far as to beg, borrow, and plead with more efficient/better decorators than I for their time and help (and yeah, items, if the ones I've stacked up for it don't fit their ideas; this is fine! ;->) on a room on a couple of projects. The cave basement in a New Halas 6-room house, with an exclusive guest eatery and amazing aquarium, was Valzen taking pity on me (it was for an Erollisi Day swap; I'd have to look up the particulars now; the brain train is skipping way too many tracks), and an equally amazing attic apartment over a merchant shop in a 6-room Gorowyn for Kiannarose/Quiarrah for a Santug Swap (Frostfell) was ably supplied by Febrith (though I did the bathroom up there, at least!). :)

I'm one very, very lucky kitty. :D

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no, my friend, no; I can assure you that the Ruler of All of Time, Space, and Procrastination/Desperation/Crippling OCD is yours truly. /bow ;->

Uwk
    who really, really appreciates that you give us like 2 months for these projects... :-/
    blackjack likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Hey don't you guys go stealing my idea now. . ..I said I was going to make my Mara house a Othmir PARTY house.. . . and now everyone wants one! :p
  6. blackjack Well-Known Member

Well, you know... think everyone here now has a good few dozen dancing othmir plushies stuffed away and they are most definitely party animals. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Maybe we should make that a Challenge house. . . like the Urn house. . . . *mic drop*
  8. blackjack Well-Known Member

I like how you think. ;)

I humbly suggest that first prize be Febrith singing the chorus of the winner's song of choice on the tour video. You know, music for the beasties to dance to. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Good God, no-one wants that - I'm like a female William Shatner, I'm not joking;( You know, tries hard but, wtf really, that's your singing voice? /boggle
  10. blackjack Well-Known Member

I for one would decorate the dickens out of some dancing othmir for a chance at a Febrith cover of We Built this City by Starship. :D
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh no. . . My Othmir dance to the
    "Hippy Hippy Shakes" by the Swinging Blue Jeans!

Faeonara, Chikkin, Karamella and 6 others like this.
  12. Jelloshot Member

LOL!!! That was insanely cute! <3 :D
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't knock it! All due respect to your countryman, Feb, but Bill Shatner's rendition of "Rocket Man" was the first time I've ever actually heard those lyrics in the chorus properly, as opposed to:

"Rocket man...
    Burnin' down asoetuwelrtjowietu"
    "And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
    'Til touchdown brings me round again to find
    A aweotuawproegj man they think I am at home,
    Oh no, no, no...
    I'm a rocket man..."

So, in a way, Bill does perform a public service, every once in awhile. And if I just pretend it was always just supposed to be a poem, it's okay. :D

Uwk
    blackjack and Febrith like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! All the times I've heard that...that wasn't by the early Beatles? :D

And you can do THAT MANY dance moves in Guild Wars? I feel cheated here... :(

Uwk
    Karamella and blackjack like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me, too...I always felt that "official video" of that song seriously let down the solemnity of the lyrics. :-/

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow that takes me back to life before EQ2 - this was my game and the dance moves are terrific:) Last time I logged into the original GW out of nostaglia I swear I was the only one there - but good times whilst they lasted:)
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm too young to know that one /cough - but I guess I could do Mah Na Mha Na:p
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1985. ;->

I'm not familiar with that other? YouTube link? :)

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh you know it...

20. blackjack Well-Known Member

I miss the golden age of Guild Wars tho. Good times, good times.

I bet you guys were Kurz huh. :p Lux 4 Lyfe baby, turtle power!

That song's air play was before I would have caught it but I just think Febrith could riff some hair band covers. :D

And it looks like you're starting to get a request list here. Do re me fa so la ti do ;)

Oh yeah and just to bring this back on topic: GNG is going pretty well for me. About 60% done I estimate, with my own swap. I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out, had a few new ideas come to me while building that I (hope) will be a taken well by the owner. I think with the new wing I'm building I'll have to discard some original ideas for space reasons, but... I think it'll still be true to my plan. I think it'll pan out overall.

This weekend I got to help my partner in crime straighten out the floor plan on that swap and get it perfect, but that one's looking pretty good too.

How about you guys? Smooth sailing? Bumpy road? Need feedback or a walkthrough? Hit us up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.