Fractured Red Gemstones

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieste, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Widem Active Member

Completely different note for the gem topic.

I think that with the implementation of real raiding etyma, that the cost of the red gems should be 600 etyma.

One would get approx 100 Etyma from raids a week. (Some more some less based upon progression obviously)
    Weekly Heroic Quest = 30 + 20 = 50 (20 is since you are going to get 10 etyma a zone anyways.)
    Daily Single/Daily Double/Sig Line Daily = 30 * 7 = 210 a week for just doing 1 zone each day.
    Weekly Solo = 20 + 4 = 24

This is a pretty light schedule where someone ran 9 heroic zones in 1 week, 2 Solo zones, and killed 16 ToV mobs.

This would be 11 weeks to max out 1 toon with red gem armor or probably about 70 of playtime over that period. If you want to get it faster you can easily run more zones.

EDIT - and even 500 would be ok, that like just over 9 weeks for a full red gemming.
  2. Draylore Well-Known Member

Actually Etyma is just a alternate path since red gems will drop in raids.
  3. Widem Active Member

I don't see the point then. Seems to be kicking the can down the road.
  4. Blumfield Member

How soon is soon? :)
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The point is, its an alternative for non-avatar killing guilds, that don't want to have to sit and have a raid with 10+ pieces of raid gear sitting in bags from everytime they clear AS, because you only get 2 (or 3) red gems at at time.
    It provides a reason for people to carry on raiding and working on their gear for raids.

The key aspect, is that the crafted gems, can NOT be used for Mystical purple gems. So for top end raiding, Etyma still has no use in that.
    I fail to see your issue with allowing lower progression guilds the chance to actually use the armor they have gotten, rather than sitting with it in bags for long periods of time, because of the limit of available red gems that drop between 24+ members of a raid force.
    Estred, Mae-, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  6. Arahad Member

Since the announcement of this upcoming change, people seem to be very excited about it. That said, it seems that it's taking a while to implement it...Can we get a status update about when we might see this change come into the game?
  7. Silzin Active Member

I am afraid the will wait till the update with the Fabled KoS zone and push it all then.... but i was hopping it was going to go life this past Tuesday.
  8. Arahad Member

Yeah, seems like a simple enough patch, they already have the model from the other colored of gemtstones, I know my raid force has been holding off on other things in anticipation of this change...It would be nice to know when it's expected, or at least when it's hoped to be implemented.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm holding on to a bag full of raid gear and I've been hoarding etyma... I'm ready for this to go live :D
  10. Sylke Well-Known Member

I know quite a few guild members that are doing the same. It would be nice to have even an estimate beyond "soon" so folks can maybe spend a few Etyma on other things in the meantime.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

I see the Fractured Red Gemstones are showing up on test now, but there's no mention about a recipe being available in those notes. I am hoping there's a way for us to get the recipe to test that part prior to launch as I don't expect there to be any raiding to grab it that way.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are preferring to test the Conversion Stone and Flat Purchases before introducing the recipe.
  13. Arahad Member

The recipe is supposed to be a raid drop, put together a pickup raid on test, and maybe you'll see it.
  14. Corv Member

Fractured red = 400 etyma each.
    Conversion stone = 50 etyma each.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I'd guess the recipe is around 320-350 etyma
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

300 crafted is a better guess. 270 plus 50 = 320 to convert. Crafted should be less than that.
  17. Silzin Active Member

on Beta atm 1/18/2014 the Fragmented Red Gems are 400 ET and 50pp, and the Potent converter is 50 ET and 50pp. so unless they make the crafted like 300 ET to make it will be cheaper to convert.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Your answer is on page 3 of this thread...

There is no need to 'test' the recipe as there are several working recipes of gemstones. Besides isn't this going live in 5 days?
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

I understand it's a raid drop, I said as much in my thread. Since there were no notes about the recipe, I didn't want it to be overlooked.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

You're calculating etyma collection rates based on gold subscription. I think that's wrong.

I'm gold and will be until I stop playing, but being gold imo should make the grind easier (as you're paying for the privilege). Etyma costs should not be balanced considering gold members "perks".

Of course it has been and admitted already, but it really should not.

As it costs 270 etyma to gem out potent (crafted), or 375 vendor bought, and energized with one gem is better, I would say each gem should cost 300 crafted or 400 vendor bought.
    Prrasha likes this.