Fractured Red Gemstones

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieste, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Why? The whole point of Purples and why Avatar's drop 3 Shining Red Gemstones is to actually have incentive to camp them. To upgrade Mystical Gear. This is why they are Fractured Red Gemstones not Shining.

All types of players need stuff to chase, Avatar's are the bait of high-end if they want to upgrade at a decent rate over the 1 Purple Gem per clear of AS.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope SOE will not scam me again as a crafter when they add the recipe, like they did on the green gemstone recipe:mad: The green gem book never should have cost 650 Etyma and to make us pay that was wrong imo. You only finally saved a total of 85 etyma if you made 21 green gems (7 slots of potency gear) by buying the recipe and crafting them (total etyma used 2540), verses buying them directly from the merchant (2625 etyma)

I suspect since only 1 gemstone per armor pc. The purchased price from the merchant will be around 350 etyma and 50 platinum, the crafted version 250 Etyma and the recipe book.. that's another matter. Based on the green recipe book, I suspect around 1750 etyma to purchase.
  3. Kander Developer

The recipe for Fractured Red Gemstones will be a raid drop. It will be trade-able.
    Daalilama and Kuulei like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yay I can stop frantically grinding Etyma!

I'm assuming a raid drop seeing as Red Gems are raid+ only?
    Mae- likes this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Thank Tunare, I was dreading having to save for a recipe!:D
    *thank Kander too*
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Why not in other zones too solo and heroic alike? Just very rare drop for crafters who are not raiders. They would want to make coins from it too.
    Ranga likes this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

They can buy it off the broker, it's fully tradeable. It's a raid recipe and should be restricted to a raid drop.
    Foretold and Daalilama like this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

considering they are red gems. it makes sense to be a raid drop
    Daalilama likes this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Because Red Gems are for Raid Gear so it makes sense the recipe comes from Raids.

They are tradable anyway just save up 10K plat and buy one of the first person to put one up :D
  10. alQamar Active Member

I'm not sure about what you think prices are but your math is way off. The crafted price is 90 etyma so 3x7x90=1890. I'm not entirely sure about the bought price. I wrote 120 earlier, others said 125. So it's between 2520 and 2625. So after one set of gear (and one additional gem at 120) you have saved etyma. How is that an unfair price? If you have more than one character and don't know anyone with the recipe it's a good deal.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. sixx76 New Member

Will the conversion item that changes a fully 3 gemmed potent piece into a fractured red gem be a raid drop like the recipe or sold via the etyma merchant?
  12. Margaritas Active Member

Is the recipe going to have a set amount of charges?
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem. Make a very rare drop of a recipe. It's a recipe not a gem.
    Why crafters who do not raid have to pay 10k to a raider who doesn't craft and decided to rip a crafter off? Whoever is going to sell it obviously is not a crafter why would he roll on it.

Anyway it's besides the point. The point is crafting recipies shouldn't be locked behind one type of zone. Btw raiders run solo and heroics too. So I really don't see a problem.
    Otherwise the rarity of a recipe drop and cost of crafting and we back at square one with no red gems even fractured on our gear for a very long while.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Because there should be some form of Reward not Entitlement for those who take part in both Crafting, AND Raiding.
    Gash, Mae-, Estred and 1 other person like this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

I really do have to agree with what Errrorr is trying to say. He did it a bit bluntly but basically this is no different than Skyshrine. There are Tradeskillers who are also Raiders and recipes from Raid Zones are basically a special item that they can strive for. It's the same thing as the Hydra Scale Helm, which requires the Talavan Psionic Shielding helmet to be crafted from the Recipe that drops from the Warcouncil.

Not everything is meant to be accessible by everyone. As Kander said, the recipe is Tradable, so they will be available for non-raiders to buy. However, it's not even confirmed that it's a raid drop. Kander only said that it will be a drop, he did not say where.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

He ninja-editted his post later on to say its a raid drop.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Sneaky, sneaky. Thanks for being the ninja-spotter for us. I still stand by that it should be a raid drop and am glad that it is.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

oh I see. He ninja edited it b/c of screamers like u, Estred, and Errrorr :D

I am a raider and I could care less who gets the recipe. For me as many crafters can make it the cheaper the tip and quicker replies in crafting channel.

Anyway it's a moot point after Kander's update.
  19. Udonn Active Member

Coming soon...as in when? Any ETA?
  20. Widem Active Member

During the first Draconic Etyma ordeal, which was remedied by the Great Etyma Stimulus of 2013, raiders were told specifically that Etyma would not drop in raids at all since raiders are not encumbered by the need for etyma in raiding gear.

Some raid mobs were changed as they offered no tangible reward for current gear content, but must be killed in order to get to current content rewards, which Baird encounter still doesn't drop eytma, but now I digress.

With the recent change of events, it seems that logic and reason would dictate that Etyma will now be added to ToV raid mobs since the clear progression of equipment upgrades in raiding is in fact Etyma.