Fractured Red Gemstones

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieste, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Did i missunderstand something, if you got a green set (3 gems) on the chest, you can buy (not yet implented) desolver to transmorphe them into on red (i call it) special gem, or? That if true, would lead to a cost of, 3x 90 (green gem) = 270 etymas crafted. Yet, it can probably a bit lower in cost if crafted direct. So estred 200 for crafted came close by.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

I guess the point i'm making is the people already have the recipes to make the red gems if they graft 3 greens for 270 etymas and toss them on a scrap piece of fabled so I don't see the price of the actual recipe book being thousands of etymas unless it significantly reduces the cost below 270+10 for the conversion stone.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

The costs seem based on the Merchant so examining them in the current rates here's what we get:

Glimmering Yellow Gemstone
    6 to Buy
    4 to Craft
    35 for Recipe

Brilliant Blue Gemstone
    30 to Buy
    25 to Craft
    125 for the Recipe

Deep Green Gemstone
    125 to Buy
    90 to Craft
    650 for Recipe

If we examine each part we get these pricing ratios:

Buying the Fractured Red Gem
    Blues are 500% more expensive to buy per gemstone when compared to Yellow singularly. A fully Gemmed Arcane item 400% more Etyma cost over a fully Gemmed Cryptic item.
    Green Gems are 416% more expensive than Blue making a fully Gemmed Potent item 312.5% more Etyma cost over a fully Gemmed Arcane Item.

The difference in cost of Fully Gemmed items are 88% per slot removed. Assuming the value of 84% less expensive using 500% as the base cost this places a single Bought Fractured Gem at 248% more expensive than a Green Gem. This places it's value at 310 Per Red.

The fact that I ended up with a value lower than the cost of 3/3 Green which means that by this math 1/1 Red costs 18% Less than 3/3 Potent is flat wrong and means that the value of each Gemslot is not static. Going off rough estimates that the increase between each teir going from 6 to 30 (5 times) and from 30 to 125 (4) we can assume that the value is actually ~400% higher which places a Red Gem at about 496 for a Red Gem.

*** I am purely estimating as clearly I don't have the exact formula nor have I hit it through calculations.

If I had to estimate I would say a Red is going to cost 500 to buy and 300 to Craft. I am purely guessing I just wanted to put math out there for anyone to mess with.
  4. Eileithia Active Member

I'd say - just using basic math Red gems are going to be about 280 to craft and 385 to buy. That's assuming the converter piece is going to cost the same 10 etyma. I guess SOE could set the price on that to whatever they want, but currently all of them cost 10, so I think it's a fair bet. It needs to be the same, or SLIGHTLY more expensive to upgrade a potent as it is to simply buy a red gem, or nobody would buy one.

As for the recipe cost - That could be anything.. There's no rhyme or reason for how those prices are set. (It's not a flat amount of gems to recoup your cost, or a direct % increase from one to the next)
  5. Ranga Active Member

I am glad they are making these new class of gems given the current drop rates but the logic really does defy me.

To introduce another tier of gem, along with the required recipes, rules, convertors and the whole framework of development, testing and release vs. allowing 1, 2 or 3 extra reds to drop in a single iteration of AS seems to me to be a complete waste of development time and expense.

I understand the need to eke out the playing life of each expac but this is a strange way to go about it tbh.

(This is not meant as criticism btw, just an honest view)
  6. alQamar Active Member

Since a fully gemmed green is only 360 even when bought and not crafted it's extremely unlikely to have reds cost more. You only need one fully gemmed green to get the one red gem per piece you need anyway. If you wanted to fully gem a potent piece you'd need 3 fully gemmed arcane pieces in comparison. So the difference in number of gems needed alone makes all math regarding the other exchange rates irrelevant.

Crafted greens are 90, so it's 270+potent trash you get dropped while farming anyway. 360 if bought. My guess is something like 300 crafted, 375 bought.
    Ranga likes this.
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

My biggest fear: It will now take more than one red gem to maximize the Energized pieces.

The key word that bothers me is "fractured"... it might be that you need more than one of those to fully gem a piece :S There's been no indication that the number of the fractured red gems needed will be the same as it is now with shining red gems.

There is not enough etyma in this universe to satisfy my needs....
    Kuulei likes this.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I doubt that one, as it means they have to implent another field to the pieces which show the amount of the fractured gems ^^
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

Right here: "These new stones, Fractured Red Gemstones, will upgrade red armor slots the same as the Shining Red Gemstones and will also have a % chance to drop off of bosses in Accursed Sanctum only."
    Link: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/fractured-red-gemstones-coming-soon.544481/
    Kuulei likes this.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mae :D I feel better now...
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Do Etyma drop from raid zones? If not, then setting a high price for raid gems doesn't make sense.
    Kraeref and Ranga like this.
  12. Koko Well-Known Member

Etyma drop from "old" raid zones only (e.g. prelude fights to Djinn Master's Prism and Pirate Kings). If I recall correctly, they are in the range of 3~5 Etyma per boss kill.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Etyma only drop from bosses in The Fabled Djinn Master's Prism, The Dreadcutter: Pirate Kings and Siren's Grotto: Dissension. They do not drop in Accursed Sanctum or Guardian's Edifice.
  14. Arieste Well-Known Member

It makes sense given that Etyma will be the "alternative" method to obtain the Gems. Those that raid will obtain them as drops since they're planned to drop randomly for AS names.
  15. Ranga Active Member

There won't be any problem filling PUR's now lol
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Other than raiders who won't lose their timer because their guild wants to keep Legionnaires or Emperor for themselves :/

I do hope to see a rebirth of PuG's though.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

The bigger problem with PURs is the massive (and unnecessary) lockout on AS. In CoE, if i joined a bad PUR on a sunday, i'd be good to join a different one the following wednesday.. and again the next sunday. In TeoV, you kill a trash mob and you're screwed for a week.
    Kuulei and Feldon like this.
  18. Ranga Active Member

Except for the bazillion and one alts that will want to do it (assuming that fractured reds are heirloom of course)
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

To bad they will not convert to Purple gems )
  20. Mae- Well-Known Member

Bah, you edited your post while I was typing lol