Fractured Red Gemstones

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieste, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you for adding these to the game!

Since these are going to be obtained in the same way as Yellow, Red, Blue and Green gemstones (etyma + crafting), can you also add them to gem conversion hierarchy? (i.e. Convert 3-gem green item into 1 (or 2 depending on their relative etyma cost) fractured Red Gem).

Also, i suppose it would be too much to ask for the old red gems to pop off so we can use the new fractured ones in their place? (and save the "real" reds for purple conversion).
    Chimeron likes this.
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

Indeed a good change
  3. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

i dont think they will allow you to remove the existing red gems... just going to have to start saving them. Would be nice to know about the 3 gem potent gear converted into the fractured red gem.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I would greatly say to save your Glimmering Red Gemstones. As I don't believe you can pop out old-reds unless you use Unattuners to remove all gems.
  5. RadarX Community Manager

There are no plans to allow the reuse of existing gemstones.
  6. Caith Developer

A slight clarification on this. No, red gems that you have already used or use between now and the update will not be refunded.

A new Conversion Stone will be added that will allow you you to convert 3 Gemmed Potent gear into a Fractured Red Gemstone.
    Kalderon, Kiry, Errrorr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you for that clarification, can you offer us an estimate of the Etyma cost range? Like should we expect this to cost 300+ Etyma? I understand an exact value is not feasible to offer at this point or highly unlikely that you would be able to. I am sure many players are curious what they should aim for if they wish to convert 3/3 Potent they are wearing.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Will there also be a bought recipe book the same as the others, and is its price going to be astronomical? :)
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

The did initially confirm that these will be craftable (same as the prior ones).

As far as the cost goes of a Fractured Red gem goes... assuming the conversion stone cost is same as other stones (10e), then the cost to get a red via conversion will be 280e. So I would guesstimate a 250e crafted cost and 300e vendor-bought cost.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Which would place the Recipe (Green is 650ish iirc versus the Blues 300) so the Red Recipe will be probably near 900
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Blue recipe was 125. So try again.

I'd guess 1.5k, maybe pushing 2k Etyma.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

I'm not near the merchant so I was pure guessing. Thanks for the clarification.
  13. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

thx for the response devs
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yikes.... I am anxious for this to hit test or live just so I can see how badly I'm gonna regret gemming my alts up lol!
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

You made my day! Thanks for the information provided by you. Any eta at what cost they gona be? If you let them craft? Thanks in advance!
    regards
    Kalderon
  16. Avithax Well-Known Member

1.5k to 2k etymas would make it more worth while to just have 3 greens made for a trash piece and then buy a conversion stone.
  17. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Blind guess: 360 etymas = 3 green gemstones if you buy them ^^
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm talking about the recipe book, not the Gem itself.
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

That might be the price, true.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah we are thinking the Recipe will be like 900 (my low estimate) to 2000 (Errrorr's high estimate) Etyma. I would guess the Gem's themselves probably are 300 a pop and maybe 200 crafted.