Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrel Well-Known Member

The loot crates are WNG (Weighted Number Generated) instead of Random Number Generated... which is fine; however, ALL of your class armor should be absolutely random in those crates. Even the boss chests are WNG.

Unless I do not see another Max Health Chain BP drop from last name in Ossuary: Malevolence (4 for 4), or a Plate BP from the last name in Caldera (always drops), nothing will convince me otherwise.
    Kalika likes this.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

The only armor that drops is cb/pot/max health. There isn't even a chance at anything else. As far as what you get from the mission crates it's hard to say whether it's weighted or not without access to a huge sample size. From my own experiences so far, I'd say it's completely random or I have terrible luck. My inq has gotten more pieces of tank gear than my tank :mad:
  3. Ranga Active Member

Get rid of clickies. Make them buffs or procs - we have enough to click in this game already :).

Chanters Gem of the Mind is next to useless. My coercer parsed up to 6m in Lost Caverns today and it contributed 22k :(. for something that cost 3 x 5 rares and a war essence it really cannot be described as best in slot. I don't know what the other class charms are like but this is not good! I have bugged it as well.
    Jodiph likes this.
  4. duckster Active Member

Could be incredibly bad luck but the x2 epics in both contested areas drop junk.

The spider named x2 simply cannot hit your tank(also ae auto just to make it more interesting for the group) which kinda rules out a number of tanks also being able to successfully kill this mob. After the effort of setting up optimal groups the loot is lvl96 and legendary along with a lvl95 cyan adorn.

Please address loot tables if these so called contested are to be considered worthwhile in the grand scheme of things this expac.
    Jrel and Malleria like this.
  5. Iseous Active Member

The sets for the runes should increase the effects for having more of the set and maybe even a unique bonus for having all of them. Otherwise, what's the point of having sets if it just gives the same amount each time? A couple of them give a bit more every few multiples, but most sets are completely unnecessary.
    Kraeref, Kalika and Jrel like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well the WRNG is such that the probability to get the worst possible item is high.

Over quite many (10+) blue armor than my necro got all had no potency but WDB.

Put less weapons in crates and more amor/jewelry.
    Jrel likes this.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Can we just drop the whole 2.0 delay weapon idea and move on? They're junk. They've always been junk. There's maybe a very small window where they might out perform regular weapons in some circumstances. But as a general rule, they're junk.

They're also worming their way into needed gear slots without giving other options. To be fair, I haven't seen the dropped heroic weapons in enough variety to tell if it's the same way, but to give an example: there are 2 mastercrafted crushing weapons (ie brawler usable) with +mitigation% as a stat. They're both 2.0 delay weapons. Which in other words means there are 0 mastercrafted crushing weapons with +mitigation% as a stat.

Honestly, just pick a delay you want to use and stick with it. If you want plate tanks using 6sec, itemize 6sec weapons. If you want brawlers using 4sec, itemize 4sec weapons. Trying to mix and match with multiple different delays is a waste of effort and a source of frustration for players.

***OR remove auto attack being delayed by casting. Then it won't matter what delay your weapons are.***
    Jrel, Ajetor, Prrasha and 1 other person like this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Also, make mythical stuff actually wanted and useful.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2099998325

Only Str and Sta, so apparently a tank weapon. But no block or mitigation. Just dps stats. Which tanks are going to be equipping this? DPS tanks? Either put tank stats on it, or put int/agi/wis on it so someone else can equip it.
    Mermut likes this.
  9. Kander Developer

This weapon and the staff are being fixed.

Rod of Vengence and Voidstaff of Destruction now have all primary stats
    Malleria likes this.
  10. Azhurial New Member

I really wish I had read this before we all passed the one hander to the tank in a PuG earlier...=/
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

I've gotta be honest, this is the answer I expected, but not the one I was hoping for :(

The super rare items are cool and all, but they're so generic :( ToV's ethereal weapons and jewelry offered nothing for tanks. They were just generic dps stats with generic dps procs. It'd be awesome if instead of adding int/wis/agi to the rod you threw 20% mit increase and 15% strikethrough on it. Holy cow would I farm for that. Attack speed and dps means it'll end up on the broker.

Obviously I haven't seen all the new mythicals so feel free to tell me I'm worried for nothing, but if they don't exist already, could we have some role-specific ones as well as the generic dps ones? Healers want heal procs (or activated effects, like group cures or aoe blocks), tanks want tank stats. We're not all scouts and mages.
    Daalilama and Mermut like this.
  12. Kander Developer

I really wish I had posted this when I knew you had read it and before you passed on the one hander to the tank in a PuG earlier. /nods
    Arieste and Errrorr like this.
  13. Azhurial New Member

All of a sudden I am reminded of exploding repair bots wiping the raid
    Kander likes this.
  14. Uncle Active Member

Front line healing proc need to stop being bias to the channelers out there and be able to be proced at ranged

uncle
    Daalilama likes this.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

\aITEM -465959579 1190538370:Helm of Malevolence\/a
    \aITEM 1629945061 1927711107:Eye of Malevolence\/a
    \aITEM -500808580 -666945076:Crown of Malevolence\/a
    \aITEM -1513208474 1358017808:Coif of Malevolence\/a
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

Please.
    Stop.
    Putting.
    Aspect of the Dragon.
    On.
    Items.

Internal Focus from an Exquisite Chest in Ossuary Advanced Solo

Total waste of time getting this (and game coding, inventory space, etc.) unless it was meant for Salvaging.
  17. Akina_Storms Active Member

i got the empty chest 3 times today...
    is this the correct thread to report this anoyance?
  18. Vapur Member

Jewelry procs need to stop waking up mobs that are mezzed! Once we form a pug and someone doesn't have spare jewelry, it sucks having to kick them from group because they won't have enough resists if they unequip it. Usually, we just disband or do something else. It becomes another missed opportunity to break into content (Sanguine Fountain) and finish daily/weekly quests.
    Jrel likes this.
  19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Might I humbly ask for some darn block chance on priest shields (MC/Legendary/Fabled/Raid Drops)....seems last few xpacs we always start out with zero priest shields with block chance. We had to wait for HKC to be opened up to get block chance priest shields in ToV. Sad the HKC priest shields have better stats and block chance that the generic dps stat shields (which are nice but again HKC fabled priest shields all had block chance on them including the dps ones) do not.

Kander I will trade you a box of Oreo's doublestuffed for priest shields with various stats + block chance on them.
  20. Laiina Well-Known Member

I agree with the clickies. At this rate we will run out of hotbars by the next expansion. All of those clickies could be converted to procs or effects and we would not have to put them on a hotbar.
    Ranga likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.