Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brennin Active Member

To note: I'm slowly working my way through the quest lines, and am about halfway through 97th level at the moment. I don't raid in EQ2, and mostly spend my time doing quests and soloable content.

So far, two very disappointing observations:

1. Most solo mission named mobs I've run into, which take 4-5x the amount of time to kill than their counterpart unnamed, drop NOTHING. Not even a small chest with a useless (to me) tradeskill item or flask of enchanted water *yawn*.

2. Have completed the 42 quests in Tranquil Sea and started on Phantom Sea quests; for a week now I've been filling up a bag of items which are EXACT DUPLICATES of rewards from previous quests I was doing when I first stepped foot in Tranquil Sea. Not only is that extremely boring itemization, it's also extremely frustrating. How many quests do we need to award the same fekking pair of pants? The mobs have gotten progressively harder and higher level, but I'm still getting the same 95th level gear I got forty quests ago. It makes me not want to progress. What's the point? Hell, even 10 more stamina or an extra adornment slot or SOMETHING to make items I'm getting from 103rd level mobs a bit better than what I got from the expansion's entry level mobs and very first quest.

It's honestly the laziest itemization I've seen since I started EQ1 in 2000.
    Nolus, Demonicate, Kalika and 2 others like this.
  2. wazul Active Member

1 year for obtain upfiling cb, upfiling cb/pot, upfiling double cast, praticed cb/pot , praticed cb, upfiling spell weapon dmg.
    now all item in trash , replaced by 6 no reforge mastercraft jewel, because stupid resist.
    i need to reloot again all but why ? next xpac 300K resist ?

it's a rule i accept, each xpac, re-itemisation etc... but not all item in trash in one second. without better replacement. before, raider keep item and replace each after each, with better replacement and keep often some old piece 3 or 4 month before find a replacement... now we lost all effect in one round, only for one stat : resist .
  3. Polychrome Member

*ahem*

I have faith that the devs will tinker with all the new stats and balance things as we go. That being said...

OMG PLEASE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GIVE US SOMETHING GENUINELY NEW FOR APPEARANCE THAT ISN'T A HAT OR CLOAK!!!! This has always been my biggest "item" gripe in this game, and the only time the devs attempted to address it, they gave up, broke the formal wear so that it goes right through fae/arasai legs, and gave us ginormous WoW shoulderpads for our trouble. I realize the team is very limited on what they can do for new outfits. But a little creativity can go a long way in all those obligatory reskins. Like, for example, making "robe" outfits into separates so we can mix and match a bit or go sleeveless and wear some of that lovely cash shop jewelry.

I'm not asking for chainmail bikinis or anything like that. I'd just like something other than stuffy-looking armor, barmaid dresses that all look the same and cover up all other appearance items, "formal" dresses that are entirely broken on fae, or robes that cover literally everything.

Maybe some differently styled shoes that aren't full boots? Maybe keeping existing dresses from covering up style-tab boots or armbands? Maybe reskinning the newbie "nekkid" look for some new options? Just changing or removing the sleeves and collar of most of the robe outfits could potentially change them into a renaissance-ish dress.

The Elegant Formal Wear and the Galvanic wear was a step in the right direction.

Oh, and Aspect of the Dragon. It's evil.
    Loredena likes this.
  4. sojuc New Member

so dissapointed about A tattered scrap from the book of war recipe which NOT includes the only useful PoW necromancer upgrade effect which will help a bit with our already nerfed and not worth casting lifeburn. and we mages have given a pet deathsave instead which we have already a bunch of them,its just not fair considering that all other classes got their awesome effects/clicky,hope you guys considering adding it.
  5. Nezette Well-Known Member

I need an alternative means of getting Ethershadow Step vials. I don't run ToV zones for etyma and since you won't give me deaggros, I am running low.

TY.
  6. GuMeshow Member

I would like to see Mitigation fixed on Xiocite Mastercrafted Plate armor. Level 100 Mastercrafted Cloth, Leather and Chain armor all have a sizable increase in Mitigation over ToV gear (especially cloth) but Mitigation on MC Plate armor is actually 3.4% lower then Cryptic/Arcane/Potent plate armor and 9.2% lower then the "tank" pieces (the ones with Mit% or Block%). Most level 100 Mastercrafted plate armor pieces even have lower mitigation then level 100 Handcrafted plate armor pieces or level 98 quested gear!

Combine that with the fact that the blue stats "x% Mitigation increase", "x%Riposte Chance", "x% Block chance" and "x% Extra Parry Chance" don't get +10% from using refined rares and that these stats can't be Experimented on to add another 10% to them and the fact that you also can't reforge Mastercrafted gear gives me absolutely no reason to use Xiocite plate armor, i would be better off running ToV zones instead to get Overcharged Potent or Energized armor (yes % damage absorbed is higher then MC vs level 100 on those).

PS: I wrote "Plate armor" as many times as I could because I find nothing wrong with the other types of armor as far as Mitigation goes. I had bugged this on Beta and posted about this issue on the Beta forums and have seen multiple other threads about this but not a single response from SOE.
    Hijinx and Kalika like this.
  7. Loredena Active Member

I actually love it for soloing. I did make sure it's only in my solo DPS build, not my tank build though (yay equipment sets!)

Personally I also love the items whose affect is based on completing heroic opportunities. I suspect that may just be though :) I'm probably the last oldschool hold out still doing them!
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Items that drain your power are sometimes a bit over the top. I get you're supposed to receive more benefit if you can coordinate a power feed at the right time, but ehhh. Does anyone really like doing that? Are they worth coordinating down to within a few seconds exactly when you need to be receiving that mana flow?

An example is the charm 'Sigil of Marred Souls'. Sounds good in principle, but at the rate it drains it's up for barely 6 seconds of it's 15sec duration. Short of having a coe mana flow at the exact right moment, the odds of it getting past 6 seconds is pretty slim (even with a mana flow at the most opportune moment, it wouldn't reach it's max 15 sec duration o_O ).

I think 10%/sec would be a more than reasonable amount to drain, and gives other players a chance to react to your dropping power levels before it's too late.
  9. Ellimist Active Member

I would like to see some long coats I can wear.

Also It would be cool if we could change the color of gear. Craft say an item that allows you to change its base color.
  10. Rocketjones Active Member

Change the level of loot in solo zones to level 96. It's dumb to get a level increase and current zones are dropping gear that when I transmute, it is last tier adorn mats. Not to mention you can't zone in at level 95. Now if you tell me it's to reduce the amount of crafting mats, fine. Otherwise...
    Brennin, Vapur and Taivr like this.
  11. Frinch Well-Known Member

With respect, I find aoe damage procs that ignore your current target exceedingly dumb.

~F
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

Would be cool if someone could do a quick check that procs relevant to particular archetypes are on items useful to those archetypes. For example Radical Anarchy proc increases threat and reduces the targets strikethrough - clearly a tank proc. But it's on a ring without any tank stats, so not really a good upgrade there :(
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Indeed leather armor mitigation is also lower than what you get on yellow armor.

Someone at SOE got a very bad trip, you burn 18 rares and get something that is not that good.

Take a jeweler, with 6 rare he makes item with more resistance than what you find in heroic instances,
    that's fine but them armorers, weaponmakers should also make very good gear.

I'm also very puzzled by two things :

- No more temporary adorn (cross classes crafts)
    - Jewelers who are already the crafters than everyone needs, are given rare recipes and other are simply ignored.

I must conclude the the Dev best friend plays a jeweler ;-)

And please don't nerf the jewelers, they are quite happy providing us essential items, but make others crafter useful too.
    Hijinx likes this.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

No, but simply disable the effect if the group is larger than 2. Easy to do since I already saw effects that are conditionned on group size.
  15. Luhai Active Member

My biggest problem with itemization is the apparent lack of brawler tank gear from heroic instances. I've been running quite a lot of instances, and I've got exactly 1 piece of tank gear from all these runs. That includes chests and quest rewards. Heck, even the reward from the raid quest was a pair of non-tank shoulders.
  16. Jrel Well-Known Member

WHERE are the recipes for the malice armor gemstones?
    CelosSolec likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Play a druid! 3 of the last 5 crates I've gotten have had tank 'stuff' in them. Makes my warden grumpy :p
  18. Luhai Active Member

Ikr. Our druids are complaining to me about all the tank gear they keep getting. :p
    I guess this is SOE's new definition of smart loot.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

My necro is at 100% armor with WDB and no potency, on quite many rolls ...

I'm also very upset getting half of the time Weapons from AS boxes when i 'm looking for cool solo item (like the item that double merc agro).
  20. Silzin Active Member

the Clock Galeforce Cloak (The raid AoE auto Clock) does not have Weapon Skills like the ToV versions it is upgrading from.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.