Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelgad Developer

Hey guys!

This time with the focused feedback, we intend to include itemization. This one is more of a "suggestion box" where you guys can let us know what items you like to see, what items you don't like to see, what types of items you want to see more of and any item ideas you may have.

Fire the missiles!

Thanks,
    Xelgad
    Loredena likes this.
  2. corruptbiker Member

Id like to see more items like the defiant tank neck that improves mit and block without having to have group member with in a certain range because there are fight where member just can't be in that range and we as tank lose the item effects
  3. Rarrum Active Member

(Disclaimer: I know most people (especially the min/maxers) wouldn't be interested in this)

I would personally love to see items with a different distribution of stats which match the strange way I play my beastlord. Specifically: Do NOT care about autoattack stats at all. Do care about stats which affect combat-art damage (potency, crit bonus, ability mod, etc). Do care about tanky stats (mitigation, hp, avoidance, etc).

Right now pretty much all scout gear has autoattack stats, and while I can reforge some of it to ability mod... I can't reforge into survivability. A lot of gear has more than one autoattack stat also, and I can't reforge both off.
  4. Iseous Active Member

Well now that we have new crits, how about some procs that give us an increased chance at a specific one (or all, basically + crit chance)?
  5. Enigma Active Member

Would have been nice to see more item's to buy with the new currency merchant than just armor runes/gems :(.
    Loredena likes this.
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the green armor on the Ferrin Seas merchant had all the other blue stat set choices like last expac.
  7. Chronus Active Member

The quest rewards from "The Unfinished Journey" raid quests should have different options, the same as any pattern.

It's actually weird, looking at our guild events one of our rangers got an auto attack set, the other got a cb/pot/maxhp set. A templar got an auto attack set, none of the tanks got a block/riposte set. These shoulders will never be used and the quest looks like it will be upgraded and so shoulders won't drop, so we'll use heroic ones or something as best in slot.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Want:
    Duck Mount
    Weapons? (Not seen any at all drop yet).

Don't Want:
    Mobs only dropping Max HP gear.
    Katanallama, Mermut and Kraeref like this.
  9. Uncle Active Member

REMOVE ALL ASPECT OF THE DRAGON PROCS FROM THE GAME PLEASE

/rant off
    jessejames likes this.
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

DO NOT want (AoM): \aITEM -266226790 -1040853666:Frictionless Geode of the Astute\/a

30% up-time.
    only 60% buff
    only affects 1 person
    only affects a maximum of 4 spells
    no passive affect while not used.
    bonus: can cast on run - hardly useful before, practically useless now that healers have a cast-on-run prestige endline.

DO want (ToV): \aITEM -1660381214 -552446553:Fabled Azjer'orz Guard\/a or \aITEM 2019749686 -1625507203:Vial of Bolgin's Brew\/a

40% up-time
    100% or 110% buff
    affects everyone in group
    affects unlimited number of spells
    27.5 or 30.0% cb buff when not in use.
  11. Canth Active Member

This ^

As a fury, I most likely won't use either set I'm given to choose from for the quest unless it's with my max HP set, which I don't wear all that often. I would like Pot/CB/Cast Speed, such as \aITEM 682678438 -1389266305 0 0 0:[Mystical Scale Shoulders of the Skyraider]\/a. If those end up being the only options in this xpac, I'll probably use the TOV ones..
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

- Items that increase healing do it for time periods that are too short, effects such as "i need heals" or related ones should last like 20 or 30 seconds.

- items that increase heals by a lot after 5 increment or similar items do not work unless you are s warder. Those seem inspired by dps items, but dps works differently you can wait and use your big damage spells when the environemental parameters are optimal (stacks etc).... healing does not work that way.

Fun healers items :
    - For X second turn overheal into wards.
    - Increase the group HP by X % for a short time (like divine guidance but without the reactive and with a lon
  13. Tigerr Well-Known Member

So, after raiding last night in AoM I was pretty upset. The zones look and feel amazing. I like the new mob designs. Coming from GE/Maw to AoM was pretty smooth in terms of the armor. I feel it fits decently. The one thing that irritated me was the jewelry. The legendary jewelry we are looting now is just rehashes of the old Solo/Group/Tradeable gear everyone hated. Currently we have to swap out pieces that actually do something other than add a pointless stat for gear that is almost as bad as "aspect of the dragon". I have no issue with a regear and I understand that the gear will obviously get much better as we get further into the expansion. The issue I have is why should raid Jewelry from GE/MAW be taken off just because of the resists?. I have to take off 4 pieces of gear just to put jewelry on that will get me to 100k+.

The Maw and the GE jewelry should have had its resists boosted considering the starting items have 16k (Legendary crap items). Just no point to take the jewelry off for the raid zones until we get better ( Which will essentially be the GE/Maw jewelry rehashed with better resists)

Give us a way to get resists on our current raid pieces please. I just see absolutely no point in the current system.
    Jrel likes this.
  14. Arieste Well-Known Member

(this feedback pertains to heroic zones):

Can i ask, what is up with some Legendary items having 19k resists and other ones having 20k resists when they come from the same zone? And then Fabled items in those same zones only having 19k?

Is there any logic to this? Why am i getting 20k resists off legendary stuff in the easy Allu'Thua zone, but my fabled jewelry piece off the last name in (the significantly more difficult) Brokenskull zone is only 19?

Resists are supposed to be the main gating mechanism, shoudln't they progress along with the difficulty and quality? Maybe i just don't understand the system.
    Jrel likes this.
  15. wazul Active Member

the resist needed for this xpac force us to keep best slot item from maw,dt in bag. I honestly takes these items again after the evening raid by nostalgia. i am T1 and i use item for dps and dont care about resist. In EQ1 best slot item from last xpac was used in current xpac. And players replace each after each in relation with criteria from their class. now we replace all with crafted item only for survive. For exemple, i kept mythical ring from master djinn 3 month after tov and i replaced with wdb ring. A better dps slot. logical. we take items to become stronger for a sense of accomplishment.

Please, maw and DT need more resist. like (16-22k). and first drop in malice 26-30k. And i hope futur xpac not force us again to lost all loot in first day. It's really frustrating and contrary to the sense of accomplishment related to mmorpg. and the nerf in praticed effect was to rude. if in each xpac we are naked why farm again ? next year next xpac naked again...
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Can you please put resist on charms as well? With insane requirements of resist to take on raid names we have to put 12 resist adornments in every slot instead of something else besides them to get dps up. And this along with a resist mount. At least we can free some adornments slots if charm have resist.
    What frustrates is that this expansion seems about new gating mechanics again as it was in velious with crit mit.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I don't think resists will be as big of an issue once the majority of people are decked out in high-end heroic / low-end raid gear. Right now, resists are an issue because some people are still wearing ToV stuff, and it doesn't help that mastercrafted can't be reforged, making it fairly unattractive in that regard. There also isn't an abundance of the new superior prismatic adorns. Also, with the new adorn reclaim ability, people should really start considering carrying multiple resist adorns (not just prismatic).

Now that the mission crates are going to be fixed, I think things will get better.
  18. Silzin Active Member

one think that i would like to see is to make all of the gear from the Adv Solo and Solo zones (at least Adv Solo) LvL 100. this way even if the gear is not an upgrade we can mute it for adorn mats.
    Jrel likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even lvl 96 would do for that.. and I agree. It is frustrating to be getting a bunch of new gear that isn't useful to wear.. and can't even be transmuted into useful materials.
    Loredena likes this.
  20. konofo Active Member

Alternatively, I wouldn't be mad if they shifted the boundaries so that transmuting level 95 items gave tier 11 adornment components.

kono
    Loredena, Jrel and Mermut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.