Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanic Active Member

Brennin likes this.
  2. Nubek Active Member

I would like to see Reforging enabled for Mastercrafted gear. A full set of Mastercrafted Cloth Gear currently gives you 177%+ Reuse Speed which is a bit silly considering it caps at 100%.
    Taivr, Loredena, Hijinx and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tekadeo Active Member

I have a crazy request that would be SO healthy for this game. There are WAY too many stats we have to itemize for right now, and many stats that do the same thing but in slightly different ways.

Give us a buff (or prestige) at level 100 that automatically puts your character at the soft cap on all of the "capped" stats:
    DPS 600
    MA 200
    Haste 200
    Cast Speed 100
    Reuse 100
    Weapon skills
    AE Auto 100 (questionable, but it is so easy to reach right now so why not)

And do away with Ability Modifier or make Potency take it's place. It's the same damn thing.

Then re-itemize from that point.

Now the only stats you itemize for are:
    Potency
    Crit Bonus
    Flurry
    Spell Double Attack
    Spell/Weapon Damage bonus
    (consolidated)
    Accuracy/Strikethrough (consolidated)

You could possibly also use Multi Attack in a scaled form. Obviously you still work with your main stat and critical hit chance, as well as tank stats and resists. But right now you are looking at having 35* different stat categories and it's just ridiculous.

*35 was an exaggeration but we really do have 18 without counting main stat, Stamina/HP, tank stats and resists.

I also have to say that making "tank stats" count in the fighter itemization power budget is a little bit ridiculous. Tanks have abilities that add to their survivability, DPS have abilities that add to their ability to deal damage; these should be what separate their damage/survivability potentials. There is no reason to differentiate in their gear choices too. But I'm sure this would cause more problems then it would fix at this point due to ACT QQ.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

all 96 items have one white adorn slot. level 96 adorns make up for it by being more than double the previous amount. so if before it was 2 @ +6, now it's 1 @ +15.
  5. Wanic Active Member

Ahh righty, ty for clearing that up!
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Please give tanks a choice between mit or block on ALL visible armor slots in the mission crates. The exchange merchant shows a mit and a block choice for each slot, but the mission crates only give one or the other.
    Loredena likes this.
  7. Geobaldi01 New Member

Please add ALL armor options to crates. While some people don't want Max health I do on my character.
    Currently for cloth (and some others) Max Health / Potency gear is only available via conversion or if you're really lucky the regular chest will drop what you need.
    Please add ALL options to Mission crates so everyone has a chance of getting what they want.

Also, please change Aspect of the Dragon to a toggle click-enable / click cancel Buff. While I hate the effect personally, I feel that adding this change might make the item less hated as you can still keep the item for stats but turn off the effect. Kinda like how the conserve rate of fire is and some other new neck item that I don't remember that kills you for 7.5% doublecast.
    Daalilama likes this.
  8. Adegx Active Member

9. Jrel Well-Known Member

Please let us reforge stats that weren't reforgeable. For example, Max Health, Hate gain (I think).

Let tanks be able to reforge into +Hate Gain on finger/ear/wrist jewelry since you took away their nice proc effects on the previous jewelry expac to try to get resists for this one.
    Loredena likes this.
  10. Gorion Member

I'd like to see resists spread out over all item slots rather than just lumped on jewelry. Every upgrade you get should increase it a bit so you aren't crippled by not using 1 item in a particular slot. This goes for any gating mechanic you might decide to go back to (crit mit, crit chance, ect.).
    Loredena likes this.
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

All that level 95 gear my crafters can make with the thousands off Azure Reactants I have is all but useless for L95 characters give what's now available from ToV.

How about reducing the level requirement for the gear to level 90 (or maybe 92), I've an army of alts to gear up. Seriously though, this stuff was out of date almost as soon as it was introduced.

I know it's not current content, but as Xelgad didn't qualify his post, I'm just throwing it out there and there are many players out there without AoM and still doing old(er) content.
    Demonicate and Loredena like this.
  12. Sneakle Member

The solo loot table is a wee bit boring considering it's the only loot table there is for solo instances.

Are there any new Ethereal items? You were creative with ToV item, try some of that again, dont just copy paste ;)
  13. Sneakle Member

60 DPS increase charms from Ossuray heroic nameds arent worth anything really, kinda need those activated effects and such reworked a bit.
  14. Xelgad Developer

Just a heads up: We'll be keeping these threads open until January 5th. After that point, we'll be locking the threads and moving on to the next phase!
  15. Sneakle Member

I would like some class specific items, only one class can use, so we can have a feel of being a unique class, like a proc that boost cacaphony of blades, the haste, the dmg and add some more. When this is an item you want, be sure to have MA, dps and haste on it.

Other items could come in play that boosts our abilities with procs or perma effects, group procs etc within the class lore.
  16. Widem Active Member

Remove this new incantation of critical mitigation through resist.

Make actual gear progression through the various aspects of the game. Everything has virtually the same stats outside of the new crit mit resist feature.
  17. Iseous Active Member

This is kind of related to items, but why were the war rune drops removed from solos (and maybe heroics/raids too since I haven't seen any)?
  18. Rarrum Active Member

On scout shields: None of the new ones seem to have block chance (both ToV and AoM). I'm still primarily using the PoWar scout shield when tanking on my beastlord.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Priest shields are also missing block chance.
  20. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Tank Equip needs some more stats than they got right now.

When dressed up in full heroic gear mit miti/block %, you can't gain much of the other needed stuff like Attack speed, multi attack, dps mod etc.

With this and the aggro management it gets sometimes impossible to keep the aggro like you are supposed to do even throwing everything in you got.

So to make it short, there definetly needs to be tank stuff added which pushes these stats as well. Even reforging ability casting speed and reuse speed to 100% you only gain max 3xx dps mod and nothing else.
    Taivr and Malleria like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.