Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xixie New Member

over all the rewards for the sig quest are not worth the effort of doing the quest, non of the gear is an upgrade. in my opinion the quest gear should have been an upgrade over the last tier heroic gear at least. Why would I spend hour grinding quest line for nothing.

Its annoying to have to replace all my hard earned raid jewelery with stupid crappy items just because they have more resists. It does not feel like I'm upgrading, I feel like I'm going backwards. I get every expansion is a gear reset but dude I need to replace my item's with better stuff not worse.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

The mount and the un-adorning spell are IMO well worth doing the signature quest-line.

CoE had the awesome cloak / Cobalt Scar had the best DPS charm in the game which I had a really hard time replacing even up to and including AoM / ToV had the mount,
    Laiina, Ajjantis and Mermut like this.
  3. Widem Active Member

"We’ve listened to all of your conversations since Critical Mitigation was originally introduced. The dev team has extensively debated about it internally. (Very extensively.) But ultimately, we decided that the right move for EQII is to remove Critical Mitigation entirely from the game.

Critical Mitigation initially seemed to do what it was designed for, but it has always suffered from a complete lack of intuitiveness for players, and it’s not a forward-extensible system. Ultimately, it doesn’t add any fun factor to the game.

So we’ve decided that a complete removal of it is by far the best solution for all concerned." (Smokejumper Feb. 1, 2012)

So in all seriousness why was this put back in. We are already seeing issues with new recruits not meeting the mitigation requirements, we have gotten a signature line reward which revolves around us dislodging adorns for the sole purpose of being able to meet mitigation requirements, and its already a necessity to bring shamans to subsidize mitigation values b/c as long as you aren't getting one shot you are winning.

I mean you literally already decided "internally" this was a terrible idea. What changed "internally" to bring it back. It is still suffering from a complete lack of intuitiveness, in a non-forward extensible system, ultimately not adding any fun factor to the game.
  4. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Belts & Cloaks

-Please no more AE auto attack chance, and ability recovery speed cloaks and belts.

Item Effects

-Please no more ammo conservation items.

Ossuary Contested

-Perhaps its just bad luck with the RNG but aside from the one cyan adornment that dropped after clearing one of the wings in this zone all loot was highly undesirable for the hit point pool and general difficulty of the zone.

Fabled Weapons

-I have cleared all but two of the new heroic zones a number of times. I have only found one mob that drops fabled weapons so far two different bows and a throwing weapon. Damage rating on level 98-100 legendary weapons is just bad compared to all ToV fabled weapons.

Belts & Cloaks

-Raid trash seems to be the only source for these items as far as I can tell.

Loot distribution and Heroic zones

Brokenskull Bay and Zavith'loa - perhaps break up some of the green gem gear from the crates from the phantom sea heroics and add it to the second instances of these zones? I love the last encounter in Yellow Jack, but most people have the attitude of why bother because the loot is level 98 ( cant even melt it for salvaging ) and the loot is just not all that desirable. I feel like these zones are going to slip into obscurity and they are fun zones and well done. I think it would be nice to at least keep the second instance of them viable in regard to loot and not just a place to go when it happens to be the daily double.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Another example of this, \aITEM -1400168311 1661315902:Spiteful Golden Hoop\/a . Procs a mit buff on avoiding an attack, textbook tank proc, but no block or mit on the earring's stats themselves. The mit from the proc is less than the mit built into another earring, so useless item. Especially bad given it's a rare. :(
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

If you have then turn on Singular Focus it turns off those proc's. Not ideal and I agree they shouldn't be waking up mezzed mobs. But it is a work around until they fix it.
  7. Vapur Member

We NEED more petamorph wands! Particularly things like Pygmy, Grimling, Allu'thoa, Ahkeva, Shissar, Aerakyn, and especially this:

\aITEM 787735391 869155723:Corpse Beetle Plushie\/a
  8. Vexrm Member

Not sure if I should put this in mages feedback or here, so putting it in both:

I picked up Chalice of Harmful Lineage The effect says it can be used while casting other spells...
    HOWEVER, as an illusionist many of my spells finish casting before the chalice finishes casting. If I hit the recovery period before chalice is done it stops casting.

Is there any way to fix that?
  9. Iseous Active Member

It is nice that we can more easily dislodge adornments with the new spell, but now it is just more annoying because of resists. So we have to switch out adornments or equipment constantly depending on the fight. It would be nice if the adornment process could be made much less of a pain.

1) Let adornments be assigned to a slot, not an item. This way we could switch out equipment and still have the adornments applied.
    2) Let us give multiple adornments to a single slot (although only one can be active at a time). Then, rather than having to dislodge, find the correct adornment in our bags, and then reapply it, we could just select one of the available adornments we have on that slot (out of combat). For instance, we could put one of each resist adornment and a DPS alternative on jewelry slots, and then just select the one we want before the fight.

If such a system is limited to those who have completed the signature line because that is where we get the adornment dislodger, that would be fine. The whole process of dislodging is not fun, especially with 6 slots for resist adornments (and rings have the green adornments too), and even if it is made simpler you still have to know what adornments you need for each fight.
  10. Vapur Member

That sound way more complicated than it needs to be; they would have to design a completely new interface for that and it would get messy super quick. What if you had two shields: one had Blinding Gleam for fear immunity and the other had Adamant Defiance to everything else? We would have to unadorn our "slot" every time we wanted to switch. Technically, it would slow us down even more. Having adornment loadouts would be like an AA tree, and it would need a delete button whenever you got better adorns. I smell lots of mistakes to be made because of added confusion.
  11. Iseous Active Member

I said you can put multiple adornments on the slot... So, put Blinding Gleam and Adamant Defiance in that slot, and you can switch between them. That way they are all right there.
  12. Vapur Member

The Ssraeshza Temple has a fish tank. Occasionally, water will spurt out of it. We could use similar particle effect housing items to spruce up our design ideas.
  13. Wards Member

itemization in this expac is just a joke ... we are still gettin lvl 95 legendary drops from x2 AoM boss mobs, so
    brokenskull contested is completly useless, no one will never ever run it ... anyways

\aITEM -1019273981 -1740776660:Gorget of the Wild\/a
    i would love to see that with defiler friendly 50% double cast instead of 50% flurry
    anything else useful is shared anyways

thx a lot
  14. slica Active Member

Its not that bad, there are some great items out there in heroic content.. Unfortunately every named cannot drop these good items.. Yeah there are some questionable items and unfortunately they can't cater to every person. Some of the risk vs reward should be fixed and I am sure they will do so in the near future..let's get the bugs out of zones first before we start hacking away at fixing every itemization issue you have :)
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Too many items build around risk/reward are simply unusable.

- Heal and Dps uplifitng => All scouts i know told me that they cannot get increment, spamming heals i don't get increments -- unless i spam heal 2mn). Indeed 100% of the people I know consider those items as broken, and a single dev claim that those are fine.

- Manadrain that buf group => it put you at zero mana, it should be modified at 5%.

- Charm that decrease max HP and does 15% of max HP damage on some spell => the 20% max hp malus is too detrimental

- Raid charm that steal 8K from anyone in the collective => Charm miss tank stats, and necro don't LB anymore ... and on top necro won't steal HP from the tank.
    Jrel likes this.
  16. Gargamol Member

That is not correct unless its something new in this expansion, but I doubt it. The tootip still says its autoattack only.

Singular focus has always only affected auto attack, essentially making ae auto zero. Spells, abilities and procs are not affected in any way by it.
    Mermut likes this.
  17. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Just to confuse things, they added in an exception for Aspect of the Dragon proc in the December 11th update:
  18. Crychtonn Active Member

Like I said. Turn on Singular Focus to turn off the proc. The groups I've done the zone with just kill the add anyways.
  19. Sinupox New Member

Unity II and Unity III have the same effect. The description reads the same and the damage and healing have the same value. I haven't tested the potency increase in an isolated setting, but since it also has the same description between the two versions I assume there isn't a difference.
  20. Chronus Active Member

Although shoulders do obviously drop, I still can not understand why we are given useless ones as a raid quest reward. Surely they should at least be actually useful in a pattern or a different slot entirely? Maybe even something that's only really useful while raiding like a buff clicky that lasts 4 hours and persists through death?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.