EverQuest II is Turning 11!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall at a FanFaire/Live panel years ago a mention they were going to change how vet rewards were given. Basically you'd get some kind of credit or token for time played, which you could use to pick your choice of vet reward from those available. I remember this particularly because a guildie of mine at the time was desperate to get a Billy Doll illusion. (We, being loving and supportive guildmates, would sometimes all put on our illusions while grouping with him. Amazingly, he still talks to us.)

So, given the number of vet rewards on the loyalty merchants, this seems to be the culmination of that idea. I think if they'd done this as part of the loyalty merchant rollout - "Hey we're putting in new merchants with all kinds of stuff, you can earn tokens doing daily tasks, and all x year vets get 365 tokens to start!" - it would've gone over much better. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get more of these for each year out from here.

Of course, the merchants have been there a long time, as has the ability to earn tokens, so a lot of people have what they want and are sitting on stockpiles of tokens they don't need. Seems the best way to make these of value to players is to add new stuff to the loyalty merchants - and keep adding new stuff on a regular basis.

The diety infusion increasers are certainly a good start; sounds like a good consumable for folks who want more than fluff. Unattuners, xp potions, vitality potions, super huge bags, and stuff like that would probably also go down well, though of course they'd have to be balanced against their effect on Marketplace items. Personally, I'm all about the fluff, so I'd like to see things like the pre-order/purchase/CE items from xpacs more than 2-5 years old (I want more baby dragons!), attendance rewards from FanFaires/Lives more than 2-5 years ago (do you have any idea how flooded I get with orders for the Firiona Vie statue?), appearance versions of signature armor sets from old xpacs (when was the last time anyone - anyone at all in the game - got the raid version breastplate from the public quests in Great Divide?), an item that converts backpacks with an appearance to appearance-only cloak pieces so we don't sacrifice bag space to use our Othmir pup papoose... the possibilities are endless!
    Cloudrat, Pipsissiwa, Kithal and 3 others like this.
  2. Gerras Member

I will be getting this very exciting (sarcasm) gift soon.

I have 2 accounts and many many level 100 characters and so far I haven't ordered the new expansion. I have to admit I have been very disappointed lately in everything related to the game, to a point where I only log in now if there is nothing to watch on TV. (I DVR a lot of shows and have Netflix so I don't login very often at all anymore, I got Netflix because I was getting bored on the game)

The one thing that really disappoints me with this whole thread, no one from Daybreak has decided to chime in with a comment to say something to everyone, maybe apologize.

The gift idea seems to me that a bunch of non-players were sitting around the board room trying to figure out something quick to give us, a last minute idea. Seriously tell me you put a lot of thought into this.

For those of you that came up with this gift, maybe you should hire a few long time players in the game to help you develop game content and provide us with some real gifts (no not looking for a job, happy where I am). This game needs to be developed by big time gamers, not marketing and finance people. If you build it right people will come and stay, if you provide us chatskis and poor content we will leave.

Sorry Daybreak but you're really not off to a good start here, between Anonymous, poor content and these wonderful gifts you're starting to lose our attention.

I hope you have a wonderful 11th celebration, we aren't.
  3. Strac Active Member

Not sure why you cant claim it, but i have a vet reward for every character to claim mistmoore crag estate, which is a huge house with zero rent costs. So unless you're a house decorator and collecting multiple homes, i don't see how the treasure hoards have any meaning.
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Flaming Pumpkin New Member

Daybreak Come on give us a bone we all have tons of alts its why we are the paying customers not the FTP The Call of the Vet was something we really appreciated and used more than a week where is the thoughtfulness that was put into this item and where is the OMG thats so Coool !!!!!!
    suka and Lateana like this.
  5. Flaming Pumpkin New Member

ARRRGGG SORRY

Somehow my message was cut short i need too add .....

An award is something to strive for there needs to be something that can only be gained by putting in the time and money to achieve it. It also has to have a magical magnetic draw and a permanent usefulness to get rave reviews. I hope the Dev s can see this as well and can plan better for the future.

Thanks Daybreak for keeping our game alive ...BUT You need to strive for an award as well.
    suka likes this.
  6. Pauly Well-Known Member

/fingers crossed for a bag of Void Shards for 12yr reward!
    Flatline and Lateana like this.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

Unless they put new items on the loyalty merchant, the tokens are just going to sit and collect dust like all the other tokens. So here's hoping they plan to put new stuff on the merchant.
    suka, Pipsissiwa and Lateana like this.
  8. Livejazz Well-Known Member

If I were a subscriber right now, I'd be leaping for joy to get that many Loyalty Tokens, because the relatively large amount of plats I could get from them would be a shot in the arm for me.

But I get it: some of you are so rollin' in plats that even a few thousand more doesn't entice you, so you complain bitterly that the reward you're getting -- which, mind you, you're not "owed" in the first place -- isn't good enough.

It's threads like this which cause me to weep for humanity :(
    Spindle, Kittybock and Chikkin like this.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Except you don't have to be a paying subscriber to receive the veteran awards. :p My husband has a FTP account. He stopped subbing when FTP was made game-wide, and he was able to claim the Isle of Refuge last year. You do, however, have to be a paying subscriber to buy those platinum bags. The only thing hubby can do with his tokens is buy armor.

I'm disappointed with this. At least the Isle of Refuge house showed some thought, even if it was just one per account and also available for purchase on the Marketplace.
    suka and Pipsissiwa like this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

you answered for me already, and I have to give you props for at least thinking of possibilities. So many people can't or don't even see that there are many ways to play this game.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

the treasure hoard takes off 1/4 of any plat owed for rent. 4 of them makes a house rent free. add to that the status reduction of the highkeep furniture and your house that you pay the most status and plat for each month becomes rent-free. totally.
    Kittybock and Belenos like this.
  12. Belenos Well-Known Member

Alberich the Wise, the purple lion mount, is actually 300 million status, not 30 million. Guess that's why I have never even seen a single one in-game, and I play a lot of hours. It seems like such a waste, especially since there are two of my characters for whom the appearance of that mount would compliment them so very well. But that status number is beyond crushing--to the point of being completely demoralizing. I mean, I would only have to do 8824 level 100 rush orders to get that much status, right? So if I did 25 rush orders every single day without fail, never missing a day, I could have that mount in only 354 days! So one year of grinding 25 rush orders every single day. I have always considered it as a mean-spirited poke in the eye from the dev or devs responsible--something of a "look what we made but you can't have it neener neener" taunt from a person who, down deep inside, really doesn't like the people who play the game. But I digress, only because Alberich is a very real sore spot for me.

Yes, I know there is a myth going around that this mount can appear in one of the status items grab bags, but given what I have seen, I will continue to call that a myth until proven otherwise. I know one long-time player who burned through 100 million status on those bags without ever seeing Alberich.

Anyway, I could see an appearance-only version of this mount, as some have stated, being available as a vet reward along with the tokens, which would keep it for those vets only--or made available for purchase by tokens (which would make it available to anyone with enough tokens). To keep the (perhaps) one person in all of Norrath who already got the mount from feeling slighted, make the appearance one a different color, or like the monkeys and cockatrices, give the claimant a choice of colors, keeping purple Alberich unique. I know I would use an appearance mount just to get rid of the constant loud squawking from that accursed pterodactyl! Surely it would not take much work to change the color of an existing model, right?

And no, I am not there yet--will be claiming 10 year reward soon(tm), but part of the reason for these rewards is to give people something to look forward to. I will use the tokens, but I will not necessarily look forward to receiving them with anticipation.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Oops...almost forgot:

Happy 11th Birthday, Norrath!!!

May your paths be fair and your pints be full,

Kitty
  14. suka Well-Known Member

well, i might have enough if i could combine all of my status from all of my alts. unfortunately status is bound to the toon and not to the account. i really wish i could share status. until they decide to do that, most of my status ends up in the guild escrow
  15. Tinkerbbell Member

I Got this mount shortly after it came out spending a little over 300k status one day worth of those grab bags. I spend a total of 17 million status worth of those status grab bags and got the mount. It does come out of the grab bags but the less people buy them the less he shows up. I believe there has to be so much status spent before hes put on a server at least that's how it seems. I was on Butcherblock and it was about 2 weeks after he was released. So a lot of people were getting these bags. It is VERY possible to get him from the bags But the less people buy those bags the less chance you have. I know there were Millions upon millions spent the first few months so it made it easier to get him.
    Kittybock and Belenos like this.
  16. Belenos Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Tinkerbbell. You are the only person I have ever "spoken" to that has the mount. The way you describe the workings behind getting one from the bag-lotto makes it seem even more screwy than even a standard .00000000001 chance, which I figured would be the case. In your scenario, a person might be spending a ton of status with NO chance of getting the mount, as the threshold would be far beyond what one person could ever overcome by their own efforts. Honestly, that sounds even worse to me by far.
  17. DraggoX Member

They Break Games proving once again, they don't care about their customers.
    Juraiya and Filly67 like this.
  18. Chrisworld Active Member

First of all, it's awesome that this game is technically entering it's second decade of service and still thriving generally well.

Also, can we get m0ar stuff on loyalty merchants pl0x, since you're giving away 365 tokens to 12 year-ers, there has to be some incentive to keep using those merchants. More appearance items perhaps? And maybe more items from the void event (i.e. not just the katana and void weapons.) perhaps the armor from those events too?
  19. Eradani Well-Known Member

it really is the standard 0.00000000001 chance to get the mount, just that, with so many people playing in those few weeks, someone got it.
    Belenos likes this.
  20. Belenos Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's how I always figured it, but Tinkerbbell said:

and that made me wonder if a certain amount had to be spent on bags before the mount would even appear on the loot table. Then after a certain amount was spent, it would be added to the loot table at the normal unreasonable ridiculously absurd percentage to drop. At least if the percentage is the only gateway there is a chance--no matter how small--that a person could pop open the first bag and see a mount. Not likely, I know, but technically not impossible.