EverQuest II is Turning 11!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

If you were on AB, we could test both of these. I have a few million status to burn.
    Belenos likes this.
  2. Krithen Graven`Huuk New Member

I stopped playing on Live after TLE came out. I will definitely NOT be buying the new expansion. There is nothing enticing about it. Hell, I still dont understand all the intricacies of the LAST expansions' gear and upgrades. WAY too involved!
    And this 12 year reward? PFFF... (Oh youve been staying at our hotel on a regular basis for TWELVE years? Oh here is some free soap/ shampoo and a Tea Towel... )
    In the past 3 years I only had ONE guild that made it worth playing on Live - it was large and full of people grouping, until the core leadership up and left - WHY you ask? They 'won'. They got all the goodies they wanted and left the game entirely.
    I have found a guild in TLE that is everything early EQ was about; nightly groupage with people that are NOT IN A HURRY, not just selfishly grinding for the next thing. They help each other quest, HQs etc over and over - and you know what? IT'S FRIKKING FUN! We get to know each other and do things JUST for someone else.
    Live is totally devoid of this. No one stops long enough to help anyone unless they benefit from it. It's the allegory of Hell with people with spoons too long to feed themselves but they are too greedy to feed EACH OTHER.
    Eles, Juraiya, Belenos and 3 others like this.
  3. Alexic Member

A veteran is someone who has time in at doing a given task, being a member of an organization, or obtaining a milestone of a significant area. Veterans at heart deserve respect and honor no matter what venue they earned such honor from. Loyalty tokens are not an honor as they are available to Joe Noob on day one. Vets do deserve some type of recognition for the amount of time and dedication they have to the world of Norrath. So those who feel vets don't deserve that level of appreciation I weep for you as you are truly a plague to the world the Vets have helped build through their dedicated game play over the YEARS! My gratitude and thanks for your years of helping to keep the world we all love alive through your buying Eq2 products and all access membership to keep Norrath alive!
    Filly67, Xillean, Juraiya and 5 others like this.
  4. Denon Active Member

This reward is like giving my wife a gift certificate to the dollar store for our 12 year anniversary. Sure, I didn't need to get her anything, but after giving her a Lexus last year and a trip to Bahamas the year before that, she for some reason was not happy with the $36.50 gift certificate ??? I don't get women.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

LOL you really get this LOL
    Xillean, Juraiya, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  6. Strac Active Member

So you admit to playing the game freeloader style, yet feel entitled to ridicule people that have been paying 15 bucks a month since 2004. which is around 1980$. Astonishing ! Almost all the items on loyal merchant are veteran rewards, which the current 12 year vets have no need for. It might sound demeaning, but if you really played the last 11years regularely, the 5000platinum from plat bags you can get from the 365tokens are nothing you'd get excited over. Especially considering Kronos at this point seem to be going for around 25-40k on every server par TLE.
    Frankly, you sound like a child that mocks an adult complaining about his bonus being 5bucks. when you think hey i could buy myself 25 Chuppa chups from it !
    You're judging veterans from your point of view. Which is silly if you want to be taken seriously.

Perhaps if you had been playing on a nearly daily basis for 11 years, showing your support to the franchise and the people making the game by staying subbed non stop you could make a point with your opinion. You might think DB doesn't owe veterans anything, but they themselves introduced these rewards as a way of saying thanks you to their most loyal customers. customary law is what i would call it by this point in time. And after seing some really cool ones, and some not very overwhelming ones, this seems to be the new all time low.
    Sapphirius, Xillean, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  7. Belenos Well-Known Member

Yes, it does seem to be overly complicated, especially for someone like me who is always about two or three expansions behind. I need to go online and find a good write-up of the armor and weapons systems from CoE/ToV forward. Any suggestions for a good write-up that would cut down my search time would be most appreciated!

Grats!! You definitely hit the jack-pot there! A guild like that is worth its weight in platinum! When the day comes that I feel ready to group/raid again, I will certainly be looking for a guild like that. And the spoons--that's totally awesome!!:D
    GrunEQ likes this.
  8. Alexic Member

Most of the players I see telling us true vets to stop bitchin and be happy with THE GIFT I am noticing are FTP players. We are the ones who have truly earned the Veteran which IMHO should never have been awarded to a pack of troll leeches such as the ones that have time and time again sat here and had the audacity to criticize us as legitimate veterans of Norrath. FTP accounts have been a true cancer to this game. I vote that DBG should eliminate FTP and return this game to the players that actually pay their paychecks THE PAYING CUSTOMER! As if noone paid for anything there would be no paychecks for the Devs, marketing, etc. This thread makes my blood boil everytime I see one of these ungrateful louts make a ******* comment like they have been doing over and over and over and then there are those that actually support them. *sigh* Just shows these forums are not even being monitored / read. So guess being a paid player doesnt matter anymore. Ill stop my subscription and take on new form of entertainment...... trolling all the forums and chat channels LOL seems to be the way the DBG as a whole is pushing us anyway

Jus sayin...
    Lateana and Juraiya like this.
  9. Kyrieath Member

Given the F2P hate appears to have erupted something fierce in this thread, there's just something I'd like to say.

Not all F2P are toxic freeloaders. Not all P2P are wonderful people paying gobs of money to play. Some P2P pay only the bare subscription fee and nothing more; some F2P forego the subscription cost in favor of buying things like expansions, DBC and so forth. There are F2P who spend more on this game than some subscribers; there are P2Ps who spend barely anything once they get their sub fee out of the way, including not buying expansions.

There's bad apples in both barrels. One doesn't instantly have angel wings or devil horns just because they happen to have an 'all access' tag or not.
  10. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

The reward is blasé. My grandma made the mistake of giving me $10 when I "graduated" out of elementary. She gave me $20 when I got out of junior high. When I graduated high school, she gave me some sound advice. It was horrible advice, about 50 years out-dated, but I didn't complain. I was just happy she wasn't dead. Just like my outlook on this game. I'm also glad it isn't dead.

As for the FTP/F2P/P4F people... if they tank or heal for me in Fabled zones or RC event heroic, then I couldn't care less if they are entitled to a vet reward.
  11. Thimdirran Active Member

12. Thimdirran Active Member

13. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Way to be horrible at the internet.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. ILoveDB New Member

Happy Anniversary. Thanks for trying to rip me of when i tried to buy 2 kronos telling me my security code was invalid, charging my card anyway , not giving me the kronos, telling me you never got the money, and when i challenged the charges you banned my account seems real legit huh.
    Account name hopesbaby
  15. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Why don't you guys at DBG just give give all us Vets an I.O.U. for a REAL Vet Rewards, cuz as far as I am concerned you still owe us one.

Actually, DBG is the one in NEED of Loyalty Coins, because you clearly have NO Loyalty for us Vets. Take my 365 Loyalty and build you up some!
    Juraiya and Pixilicious like this.
  16. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Actually, if Daybreak wanted a veteran's reward that would be useful everyone, no matter their playstyle, they could allow us to pick one thing, anything we want (be it from Fan Faire/SOE Live, a collector's edition, that 300 million status mount, whatever), but only one thing and only once. Granted, there would always be those who would complain about it only being once per account instead of per character (which I agree was not fun last year), but it's better than the current reward.

Each playstyle could pick something that they've always wanted but never managed to get a hold of.
    Kithal, Eradani, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  17. Pumarah Member

Yeah, like activating the griffs/horses/et all beyond Antonica and Commonlands, we had those active well before Maj Dull so why not here? (Unsubtle Hint to Devs: Try a poll so see if the players want that.)
  18. Glenorian Well-Known Member

I guess I'll throw my two cents in. I was looking over the list of veteran rewards and I guess I do not feel that it is really that much sub-par than previous years. I always viewed them as extraneous anyway. I have just reached my 8 year veteran rewards, so would have 3 more years to go to claim the current one. My feeling is that occasionally I use my other rewards but things like "Pixie on a string." It's novel sure, but useful? And vision of the Thulosioan, don't really need my eyes to glow lol. And a lot of the other things anyone could buy once they get the loyalty points anyway like the houses and house items. I love that they are available to get more of. As for the current reward, I actually find it quite useful! I am a decorator and can never seem to accumulate any money. I am always broke. I have trouble finding groups to do the heroic content due to being a Fury and often resort to upgrading my armor via the broker. I could get some nice upgrades with 5000 plat. This is more than I've ever had. I don't think I've ever had even 1000. So there are true veterans out there that don't have hundreds of loyalty points (I don't like doing daily quests! - who has the time to do them every day?) And there are veterans who don't have tons of money. I guess chronos are available and such, I've never bought one. If I have money it goes to buy the player studio items or something like that. I have bought at least one of the majority of the items in that category. So in my opinion, at least this reward will be very useful. The most original? Maybe not. I think I can live with it.

I just wanted to pipe up from the broke veterans' side of the room...though it seems a little empty over here.
    Spindle likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

amm I feel like crawling into a rat hole to hide from the stormy weather on this post
    I mean if Daybreak throws in a big wheel of gouda or cheddar cheese or a big hunk of bacon
    I would be happy
    but seriously lets just wait and drink tea I mean and see how this all turns out
    there are new things heading the way of the loyalty merchants
    Give Daybreak a chance
    and if they don't meet our demands muahaha lets pelt them with pie
    ohh wait a minute I much rather eat that.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Laaw Well-Known Member

are the loyalty points doubled for members? lol feeling greedy.